ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Unofficial All-inclusive Touhou Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Sakuya's first card has all the knives relatively aimed at you, with the bullets going randomly. Start at one end of the screen (preferably opposite her), and sometime after she fires the regular danmaku, head to the left. Once time starts again, dodge any periphery knives and stray danmaku. Rinse and repeat.

The 2nd card is similar, except the regular bullets are in rows (circles?), and there are green knives along with the aimed blue knives that go randomly. Again, use the method above, get in between 2 rows of regular danmaku, and dodge the green and blue knives as best as possible.

For the 3rd card, all I can say is dodge well. Considering that you don't know what knives will switch on you, you could just swing around Sakuya like a pendulum and dodge any knives near you, hoping to kill her before a timeout. Not the best solution, but it works.

For Remi's 1st noncard, It's slightly similar to Eirin's 2nd card, but without the blue danmaku that hems you in at the bottom. Treat them the same way, and you should be fine.

Er, with names, please? I haven't memorized her attack patterns yet. The only game I've played as of yet is EoSD since I haven't gotten around to getting the language necessities for the other games.
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Edit: Where exactly can you get those? Isn't the one on the far left Flandre already?
As far as I know, all the figures in the picture aren't in production so they aren't widely available anymore, at least without having to pay a heavily gouged price. These figures are really expensive to begin with (the cheapest was roughly $85 for Marisa-- used), so you probably don't want me to link where you can buy them now.

That is Flandre on the left, but there's a new version coming out. The sculpt is more along the lines of the Sakuya and Remilia I have (a more battle-like pose) so I think it'd look better in my collection.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
voidedalive2x wrote:
Sakuya's first card has all the knives relatively aimed at you, with the bullets going randomly. Start at one end of the screen (preferably opposite her), and sometime after she fires the regular danmaku, head to the left. Once time starts again, dodge any periphery knives and stray danmaku. Rinse and repeat.

The 2nd card is similar, except the regular bullets are in rows (circles?), and there are green knives along with the aimed blue knives that go randomly. Again, use the method above, get in between 2 rows of regular danmaku, and dodge the green and blue knives as best as possible.

For the 3rd card, all I can say is dodge well. Considering that you don't know what knives will switch on you, you could just swing around Sakuya like a pendulum and dodge any knives near you, hoping to kill her before a timeout. Not the best solution, but it works.

For Remi's 1st noncard, It's slightly similar to Eirin's 2nd card, but without the blue danmaku that hems you in at the bottom. Treat them the same way, and you should be fine.

Er, with names, please? I haven't memorized her attack patterns yet. The only game I've played as of yet is EoSD since I haven't gotten around to getting the language necessities for the other games.

Names? SPellcard names, you mean?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, spellcard names.

That sucks, Micro. >.> Flandre does look awesomer, though.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uuhhh..Illusion Existance "Clock Corpse", Illusion Image "Luna Clock", and Maid's Secret Skill "Marionette"?

Really, though, unless it's someone like Stage 4 Patchy, whose cards vary depending on who you're playing as, or Satori, who's cards depend on your youkai partner, you don't really need to memorize card names. You can if you want, but it's not really necessary.

btw, for Marionette and Luna Clock, it may arguably be better to remain underneath them for the duration of the card. But for Clock Corpse, it's a very good idea to not stay underneath her.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind me not to think that there are ways other than practice to get good at something. >.>
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Remind me not to think that there are ways other than practice to get good at something. >.>

Is that supposed to be a slight against me? -_-

Then again, I suppose you might have a better time remember the card names rather than their general pattern. I've just seen them enough that I can correctly guess what card you're talking about 90% (only on normal, though ), so memorizing the names just doesn't seem necessary for me.

As for practice, you'll probably need it to get consistency, but there are quite a few cards in the series that involve memorization.

MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:

Is that supposed to be a slight against me? -_-

Then again, I suppose you might have a better time remember the card names rather than their general pattern. I've just seen them enough that I can correctly guess what card you're talking about 90% (only on normal, though ), so memorizing the names just doesn't seem necessary for me.

As for practice, you'll probably need it to get consistency, but there are quite a few cards in the series that involve memorization.

No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you at all. I asked for help and then realized... I can only get help with strategy, not with actual skill; my problems are evidently with the latter- even after following your advice, I keep screwing up. Thanks for your time!
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, very true. You may be fast enough to hit SFAIII, but that doesn't do you a lick of good if you can't actually hit the notes, right? (bad analogy, I know).

In other news, I hate how I can't just go to my last unread post when I click that little paper icon to the left of a topic title. -_-

MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1CC EoSD no- FFFFFFFUUUUUUU

Damn vampires.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
1CC EoSD no- FFFFFFFUUUUUUU

Damn vampires.

You actually got to Remi without dying? I applaud you, since I've only done that once.

MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got to her without continuing, with all of 0 lives and 2 bombs. >.> I still made a lot of stupid mistakes.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Well, I got to her without continuing, with all of 0 lives and 2 bombs. >.> I still made a lot of stupid mistakes.

Oh. Sorry about that, then. Still, I'm still in the same boat you are, with lotsa mistakes made before I even get to Remi.

MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Fixed. Ignore this.
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. I really just cannot get through the game without making a large amount of screwups. I play pretty well for a time, then start failing and lose all my lives in about 5 minutes. <.<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 34 of 36

Jump to: