ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Unofficial All-inclusive Touhou Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: This was a post attempting to fix a problem that arose. It fixed itself somehow.

How are you supposed to do Counter Clock? I really can't get past that. At all.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at Videos of it, it looks like you just follow along with one of the "clocks" while avoiding their lasers and the bullets from above.

Which of these parts is ailing you, exactly?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Looking at Videos of it, it looks like you just follow along with one of the "clocks" while avoiding their lasers and the bullets from above.

Which of these parts is ailing you, exactly?

Pretty much doing exactly that. <.< I'll get it eventually.

So, finally got around to patching IN, sightread beat it on normal with the EASY MODO team. I have no idea how the hell anything works.

Anyone care to explain what that meter in the bottom left is, or what's up with the time given after beating a stage? Or what those white items are?
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touhou 13 announced! http://kourindou.exblog.jp/14332117/

Editedit: How do you play solo? A lot of my game is in Japanese, including the character selection, where I presume there's some option to do so. What keys do you have to press?

Welp, over the course of 5 hours, I captured Hourai Elixir (normal.) It took... 240 tries. Um, I probably should have some sort of reflex saying "Give this shit up, dude, you've been at it for ages" but I don't. I mean, it's not even that hard a card. I'm not that terrible, I've had no difficulty with most of the extra stage cards and normal cards. </OCD>
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:

Editedit: How do you play solo? A lot of my game is in Japanese, including the character selection, where I presume there's some option to do so. What keys do you have to press?

Welp, over the course of 5 hours, I captured Hourai Elixir (normal.) It took... 240 tries. Um, I probably should have some sort of reflex saying "Give this shit up, dude, you've been at it for ages" but I don't. I mean, it's not even that hard a card. I'm not that terrible, I've had no difficulty with most of the extra stage cards and normal cards. </OCD>

I'll say a couple things here, and ask a few questions. As for playing solo, it's just on character select(but if you have new player data you need to unlock the ability to play as solo charecters, but with border team you'll never want to anyway) but it sounds like your game isn't fully patched. Find the patch online and apply it. Hell I'll do it for you. http://radicalr.pestermom.com/game.html#IN

2nd: Hourai Elixer on normal is one of the hardest cards (imo) on normal, and is indeed the only card on normal I don't have a cap of. Also, in a previous post you say you "beat" IN sightread with border team, what exactly does this imply? 1cc? Did you use continues? 6a or 6b?

Also I have some 2-3xx tries on Imperishable Shooting which is relatively the same length of a timeout that Hourai Eluixer is, so you're not the only one slaming your head into a wall repeatedly for this sort of thing. :p

Also, Touhou 13. Spell Practice again? Youmu playable again? Let's hope that ZUN's new-found love for curvy lasers and sub-par music is gone, cause TH13 could end up being really good!

Edit:
Squirrel wrote:
If you Touhou fans have an Xbox 360, check out the game that was just released, Muchi Muchi Pork! And Pink Sweets. Its pretty awesome, Pink Sweets feels just like touhou.

I have a hard time believing anything cave puts out being anything like a touhou game. /me does some research.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
MehPlusRawr wrote:

I'll say a couple things here, and ask a few questions. As for playing solo, it's just on character select(but if you have new player data you need to unlock the ability to play as solo charecters, but with border team you'll never want to anyway) but it sounds like your game isn't fully patched. Find the patch online and apply it. Hell I'll do it for you. http://radicalr.pestermom.com/game.html#IN

2nd: Hourai Elixer on normal is one of the hardest cards (imo) on normal, and is indeed the only card on normal I don't have a cap of. Also, in a previous post you say you "beat" IN sightread with border team, what exactly does this imply? 1cc? Did you use continues? 6a or 6b?

Also I have some 2-3xx tries on Imperishable Shooting which is relatively the same length of a timeout that Hourai Eluixer is, so you're not the only one slaming your head into a wall repeatedly for this sort of thing. :p

Also, Touhou 13. Spell Practice again? Youmu playable again? Let's hope that ZUN's new-found love for curvy lasers and sub-par music is gone, cause TH13 could end up being really good!

Edit:
Squirrel wrote:
If you Touhou fans have an Xbox 360, check out the game that was just released, Muchi Muchi Pork! And Pink Sweets. Its pretty awesome, Pink Sweets feels just like touhou.

I have a hard time believing anything cave puts out being anything like a touhou game. /me does some research.

I probably don't have it fully patched, because the wiki instructed me to update it with a Japanese program before patching it, and I think it may have screwed up. A bit was in english, so I presumed it worked. I apparently need version 1.00d for it, and the only place I can find it is... entirely Japanese. Figures.

1cc normal FinalA. I started out with... 7 lives, because that's what my game was set at, for some reason, so I guess that doesn't really count.

I'm attempting to get all the spell card captures, hopefully in the next month because I've got a lot of time to waste on it. One of the Last Word ones requires you to do all the Normal spells with Marisa solo, so I asked about it- time to redo Hourai Elixir, heh.

Just captured Fugiyama Volcano, with... 100ish tries. Second-hardest card for me to cap so far. Which cards were easiest for you to cap when you unlocked Imperishable Shooting? I need to do that soon.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xu Fu's Dimension and FLaw of Forgiving Shrine are two of the easiest cards to capture. Next for me is Everlasting "Phoenix's Tail" though that depends on whether or not it wants to fuck with me with a random fire bullet. After that, it really just depends (I AM a proud owner of a Fujiyama Volcano cap on my 2nd try, though )

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
daevlol  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To play solo charecters in spell practice: when you go to pick the stage that the spells are in, left and right choose which team/charecetrs.

As for what cards were easiest for me to cap to unlock imperishable shooting?

The first and 3rd cards of the midboss should be auto cap if you know how to deal with them, same with flaw of forgiving shrine since there's 100% cap rate on that due to how the card works. Xu fu's, honest mans death were also pretty easy for me, and I brought mokou's first and second cards into practice for a while until I had them consistant. I didn't do much practice for it other than that, happened to cap whatever else you need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kPToFwTkP4 Here's actually a video of me doing it, and it demonstrates the flaw or forgiving shrine easy mode cap method, I actually didn't even get honest mans death either, I just had a pretty great run.

Edit: Flaw or forgiving shrine: Basically, bullets will never spawn on your charecter, and this particular card only spawns vertical bullets, so if you hover on the horizontal plane of where the bullets are spawning to the far left or right, you will never ever die to it, the only condition for this is that you have a way to be damaging your opponent without being under them, but why would you NOT be playing as border team? :p

Xu Fu: If you hover just above the blue/red bullets that spawn near the bottom of the screen, you only need to dodge the red ones that are coming up at you after spawning, since you're low enough on the screen that the blue ones coming from above you de-spawn before they reach your horizontal plane. this is also demonstrated in my video.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you do the second part of Possessed by Phoenix? With the bullets spurting out in five different directions?

Also, what's your method for the midboss cards 1 and 3? I know the safespots for 1 but I keep screwing it up, and for 3, I just move in short bursts until I get through all the bullets, but I screw that up a lot too.

(Thanks for your help, I really would not have found those ways to cap Xu Fu and whatever the name of the other one was- I was doing them the hard way.)
daevlol  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
How do you do the second part of Possessed by Phoenix? With the bullets spurting out in five different directions?

When the familiars start spawning, go around the screen in a sort of circle, the bullets spawn and shoot directly at you, so if you go around the screen in a circle correctly, they should all miss you..it's kind of hard to explain through text, just rewatch my video/other videos of captures for it

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Also, what's your method for the midboss cards 1 and 3? I know the safespots for 1 but I keep screwing it up, and for 3, I just move in short bursts until I get through all the bullets, but I screw that up a lot too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UI9G2ScWmg

Safespot for card 1, wave 1 : right above the second E in enemy, when the red bullets start firing just move right. Wave 2: Kinda harder to explain, but how I did it (demonstrated in the video) is just barely to the right of the vertical bullets that come down at you initially at the start of it. Then start moving left once the red bullets start firing. There's probably a better way, but this worked for me.

Card 3, all waves: direct center of the screen is where I start, directly above the second e in enemy. Exactly the same as card 1 only you move to the right a bit slower.

MehPlusRawr wrote:
(Thanks for your help, I really would not have found those ways to cap Xu Fu and whatever the name of the other one was- I was doing them the hard way.)

No problem, new friend.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I get past the fans: Lose at 3 seconds left.
Second time: 2 seconds left.
Third time: 1 second left.
Fourth time: 3 seconds left.
Fifth time: FINALLY.

For Keine's first spellcard, for my second safespot, I use the pink marker on the human/youkai gauge. It's nice to have a place to judge by. If I do something stupid like going the wrong way, the corners are safespots from the first version of the bullets.

So, after capping Possessed by Phoenix, started playing the Extra stage, and after a few stupid mistakes I capped all three of Keine's cards. I then proceeded to screw up on every single one of Mokou's cards (besides the two easy ones) before losing all my lives.

Next time- capped two midboss cards. Got 7 cards, got to Hourai Doll with a life and no bombs left, never got here before, and I lost. Damn.

100 practice tries later, my best on Hourai Doll is maybe 2/3ds complete. Is there some secret to getting this that I don't know?

Edit: Capped Hourai Doll at 141. Apparently the secret is to stay in the center, and alternate between dodging vertically and horizontally.

Extra run after: Capped 1 midboss card and three Mokou cards before dying.
Run after that: Capped the first 7 cards. Screwed up on literally every card after that, and got to Possessed by Phoenix with a bomb and a life left. Hit one of the pink bullets in the first part, taking up my bomb, and then completely messed up the second part, using my life and the three bombs that came with it. Now I'm at the last part of Possessed by Phoenix with 0 bombs, 0 lives, and a 1/140 chance of capping Hourai Doll, assuming I get past Phoenix, which I do. Hourai Doll starts. I get to the part with the red bulle- GAME OVER.

Dammit.

Next run: Only capped 1 Keine card, but I made up for it by capping Honest Man's Death for the first time in a real run. With 6 caps, I got to Possessed by Phoenix. Carefully got past the first bit, luckily got past the second bit, and finally got past the last bit. Sweet. 7 caps, a life and 3 bombs left, and Hourai Doll starts. Then Hourai Doll fini- wait, I capped it? Huh. Imperishable Shooting starts up. I haven't actually watched anyone play this yet. Three seconds later, I died.

But hey, I beat Mokou, my first extra stage, capped Hourai Doll in-run, and faced Imperishable Shooting!

Edit: Two hours and 161 tries later, I capped Imperishable Shooting. That felt good. First time past the second burst of 5 flowery bullet things. All extra stage cards capped!

Yet another edit: After losing on Easy twice because I was really bored (yes, I actually lost all of my lives, I was trying to get the Easy spellcards unlocked), I started hard with border team. As I'm terrible, I ended up having to use a continue, but I was planning on FinalA anyway for two last word cards. Sightread captured Hourai Elixir on hard in-game. That felt good. 8 attempts in practice mode to get it. That was... pretty much exactly the same as Hourai Elixir on normal.

Jeez, another edit? Heaven Spider's Butterfly-Capturing Web capture, Phoenix Rebirth capture. Last Words are fun!
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

222/222. That was a fun ~month.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

touhou is on steam now

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZUN give us more of a bone

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
TQSG  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Page 36 of 36

Jump to: