ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Games hardly any know of
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furiouslyfapping  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Republic Commando, I fucking loved that game, but only know a handful of others who've everplayed it.

ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT10 wrote:
FreeXBird wrote:
Everyone who's anyone has heard of Crash and Spyro.

While I wish this was true, most of my friends wouldn't know what they are... then again I am only 16 so I was very young when it came out. Most of my friends wouldn't have had a system by then

Spyro the Dragon was one of the greatest freaking games of all time. I remember spending hours on the flight levels to get 100% completion (so that I could unlock the extra level for 120% completion). One of my friends pick up a used copy of it a few months ago, and I wound up borrowing it for a couple weeks. It actually managed to live up to my memories of it, so that's saying something. It's just too bad that the first game was the only good game in the series (at least out of the first 3).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaflagemeir wrote:
TheThirdDay wrote:
"Secret of Evermore" for the SNES was one of the best RPGs of all time in my opinion, and no one I know has ever even heard of it. It's a great game.

Actually, on a SNES emulator I have it has this game on it and I play it every now and then.

I have an actual copy of that game for the SNES. It's a fun little game.

Cliff wrote:
Startropics (see avatar).

I have this game, too. I used to play it all the time when I was a kid. I don't have the sequel, Zoda's Revenge, but I've played through it.

I've actually played or at least heard of most, if not all, of the games in this thread. That's the problem with threads like these. Gamers know these games, but your average Joe might not. Lord, if games like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon, and Parappa The Rappa that have sold millions upon millions of copies qualify as unheard of games, why not Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy 7?

I would have to nominate games, such as:

Pirate Ship HigeMaru - Capcom game only released in JAP arcades (re-released on compilation for JAP Saturn)

Hebereke's Popoitto - Dr. Mario clone with a lot of personality and great characters for JAP/PAL Saturn (I like the game so much I've got both copies)

Popful Mail - unique 2d Action/RPG for the Sega CD

Kizuna Encounter: Super Tag Battle - awesome 2d tag fighting game for the Neo Geo arcade

and all of the games for the Neo Geo Pocket Color, but Bio Motor Unitron, SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters Clash, and Neo Turf Masters, in particular.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sin & Punishment for the PS1.
Also Noitu Love 1 & 2 for the PC.
The 1st is free but the 2nd is 20 bucks. A bit spendy but its a terrific game.
Cliff  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
Hebereke's Popoitto - Dr. Mario clone with a lot of personality and great characters for JAP/PAL Saturn (I like the game so much I've got both copies)

Oh yes, this was so much fun.

Also, Parodius, which was a Gradius parody made by Konami. Hilarious in every way that Darius Twin was but never meant to be.
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lazor wrote:
Railroad Tycoon 2

Such an amazing, deep game.

I'm about to play it, actually.

Really? I thought that one was horrible, particularly in comparison with the magnificent original. I'm told RRT3 is supposed to be pretty good too, but 2 binned the sandboxing that made 1 so much fun.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
Shvereal  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk7777 wrote:
I loved this game for PS1 called Monkey Magic. You were a monkey that knew karate that would gain powers along the way like the ability to shrink and freeze things. It sounds stupid, but it was one of my favorite PS1 games, along with Ape Ecsape. Funny they both involve monkeys.

I had this game as well. Fun game, but I never did beat it. I bet I could find it somewhere around my house though...
VooDooRex  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirates! - NES
Super Adventure Island
3xtreme
The 7th Saga - SNES (Sick RPG)
Guitar Hero
Injected11  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
"Secret of Evermore" for the SNES was one of the best RPGs of all time in my opinion, and no one I know has ever even heard of it. It's a great game.

I was just gonna post about that. I freakin LOVED Secrect Of Evermore, and nobody has ever heard of it. I got bored and gave Secret Of Evermore a play last week even. I got this one X-mas with Final Fantasy 6, Secret Of Mana, and Chrono Trigger. As a young aspiring RPG fan, best X-mas ever.
Cliff  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VooDooRex wrote:
The 7th Saga - SNES (Sick RPG)

Ugh. This has to be up there on the list of worst RPGs ever. Talk about a grind worse than Dragon Warrior.

Also, Secret of Evermore is crap, play Secret of Mana.
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't there already a thread (maybe 2?) about this? *shrug* I only think this because I remember saying that Ogre Battle 64 is one of the best games on the N64, and nobody has heard of it.
stevenlarged  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Games hardly any know of Reply with quote

daniel192 wrote:
If you're a gamer, you must have played at least 1 game which no one knows what the heck you're talking about. I have a few:

Weird flipper car racing game - PS1: Yes this one was WEIRD. You were racing. I can't remember this one clearly, but it was great. It's a game about those flipper cars, which can drive no matter which side the turn. There was this one level where it was very long, and I usually called it the hyperspeed level. Maybe around 5 or 6 years since I saw this game. I have never heard from it again.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of rollcage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollcage_(video_game)

Great game, BTW.

I would have to say Tomba! is one of my all time favorite games, and no one i know has heard of it.

Edit: Damn it, the link takes you to the page for rollcages themselves, click "Roll cage (video game)" and it's there.
TheGreatSombrero  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ikaruga - Polarity switching, psychologicaly demanding, vertically scrolling space shooter from treasure. The most fun game to play at a high level ever, with expert play a beautiful 40 min dance of death.

Einhander - IMO this is squaresoft's best PS era game. A horizontally scrolling space shooter with an awesome powerup system that demands careful planning and execution.

Seiken Densetsu 3 - The sequel to the revered Secret of Mana. Never released in the US, but there is a fan translation ROM patch. Must play for multiple character classes and super fun gameplay.

Guitar Hero 2 - Is fucking awesome.

All hail Sombronia, a land I didn't make up.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychonauts - PS2
Mushihime Sama - PS2
Kamen Rider Kabuto - PS2
Armada - Dreamcast
Trigger Heart Exelica (Dreamcast, X360 Arcade)
Zero Gunner 2 - Dreamcast
Strikers 1945 - PS1
Einhander - PS1
Lagoon - SNES
Top Gear - SNES
Comix Zone - Genesis (AMAZING GAME)
Zero Wing - Genesis
Rolling Thunder - NES
Duck Tales - NES
Oystron - Atari 2600
Turmoil - Atari 2600
Utopia - Intellivision

That's just off the top of my head.
christiano27  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dune II on the Megadrive is still my favorite game along with Wonderboy In Monster World. They really are awesome for such an old console!

Dune: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_II

Wonderboy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Boy_in_Monster_World
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: