ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:WT Guitar no strum/overstrum FIX (SOLDERING REQ.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kkrott87  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who can help me?
Tabun  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied this fix just the other day, and it worked fine. I had some trouble finding the right microswitches here (the NL), but I came across this one:

http://www.rotor.eu/en/artdetail.php?art=343501

Not the best quality (and I had to shorten the lever some), but it works -- I just hope it lasts a while.

I can definitely recommend this fix for those who don't mind voiding warranty and doing a bit of soldering.

Edit: that switch is still working fine, by the way.

Last edited by Tabun on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
RHRN  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
So, my strum bar on my GHWT guitar has finally given up the ghost. The mechanism is clearly connecting with the switches, so I guess they're the problem.

Thing is, we don't have RadioShack over here, or any big nationwide electronic component stores that are actually useful (that counts out Maplin, then). What I have found, though, is a RadioShack authorised sales place selling their branded stuff. Specifically, this:

http://www.barnstapletelecom.co.uk/prodDetail.php?p=2750016
(same thing here, link just for my own reference, can't bookmark 'cos I'm not on my computer...)

...reckon that'd do the job?

Alternatively, there's these:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=34835

Figured I'd try this first since it's probably cheaper than buying a new Les Paul... definitely not gonna bother with a new GHWT thing.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=6452
I used those switches, the one with the lever. Worked for me.
Yes the two are VERY much interlinked
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This worked great for me, thanks for posting it. finally no more overstrums breaking my fc runs -_- <_<

these were in stock at the radio shack where i lived, so also was quick to do.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd post to say I did this mod a long while back, about the 2nd week the game was out, and I haven't had any more problems. I had been through two bad guitars and then decided to fix it myself and not fool with any more returns. This still works awesome and was quick and easy to do as long as you know how to solder.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, did this last night, easy soldering job. Very good use of $6. If you have the screwdrivers, the soldering kit, a little cash laying around, and a finicky strumbar, there is no reason to not do this.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Erimgard Wii Friend Code: 390958806486
MilesPrower13  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the same way to repair the microswitches? (Mines are both broken into my 360 X-Plorer, and I'm tired to play with the + Pad >_<)

Photobucket
98% of teens have moved to rap, if you belong to the other 2% sig this.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: IdioticN00B
superGOAT  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys thanks for all the replies I'm glad it worked for all of you that have tried it. And thanks to nunyabiz for making the post on The GH forum I saw it and thought it'd be best suited here.

As for the man above me I have never had to open my x-plorer, but I wouldn't try to fix micro switches they are a pain in the ass just getting them apart let alone messing with them.
lazerlike42  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had the downstrum problem, and Ifound this thread while searching for a fix. I actually seem to have fixed it without removing the "void warranty" sticker, though I will see if it lasts.

I carefully removed all of the screws except for the one under the warranty sticker, and was able to get the unit open just enough to reach in with a flathead screwdriver. I held the strum bar in the upstrum position, and reached the screwdriver head in between the bar and the metal blade on the switch, and I pushed the bar down, trying to bend it a bit so that it made better contact with the button on the switch (but obviously not so much that it was always pushing down!) Preliminary testing has it working pretty well, so this may be an option for anyone having downstrum issues who doesn't want to take that sticker off. Of course, be careful not to pry the two plastic halves apart too much, or it will snap with that screw still in there. Also, I don't think that this would work for the upstrum side because with that screw in it will not open up enough.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will try this asap.

this need to be stickied BTW !!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on my half-way version of pushing the switch aroundd with a screwdriver...

Last night this was working for about one song, sometimes less if the song was long, before I needed to do it again. After re-doing it 3 or 4 times, it held up for 4 or 5 songs straight, and I haven't played it since. So, its possible that doing it over and over conditions it into a more permanent state where it works, or I may just be lucky so far. I'll give more info as time goes on.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey. whats the part number of that Zippy switch ??

http://www.zippy.com.tw/CON_PRODUCT_LIST.asp?pcs_rfnbr=7&lv_rfnbr=2&pcs_type=1

whats the good one ?

i was thinking about Omron switches but the life cycle is like half of those.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Figured I'd try this first since it's probably cheaper than buying a new Les Paul... definitely not gonna bother with a new GHWT thing.

Hey I have also have UK GH:WT guitar strum problems. Did you find a suitable part and did it work?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried the tape thing before ordering new switches.

while dissembling it, i remarked that the strum bar itself, where the plastic hit the switches, its used as shit.

i can't get a nice focus of it. but the problems come from the plastic vs metal i think, not from the switches itself.

or maybe both ??

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I did this, but now my guitar won't connect to my PS3. Could I have hit something (the wireless connector?), or is there something obvious like resetting the connection to my PS3 that I haven't done...

EDIT: I'm an idiot and forgot that the guitar also has a separate part that you connect to the USB in the PS3 (so what, I haven't played in a while ^_^)

GH League Season 8, AAA-5 Runner-Up, Seeded #1

Last edited by Rednanaki on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: