ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:WT Guitar no strum/overstrum FIX (SOLDERING REQ.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackadder18  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this, I did it and it worked. Again, much thanks!

For any other Aussies out there, as you may or may not have realised, we don't have a Radioshack. So you'll have to get this switch. Just shortern the levers and you're good to go.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Blackadder18
HerbieHero  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to try this fix (though I don't know when I'll get the chance), but I don't know if I'm equipped for desoldering. I have a cheap electric soldering iron that I got from Radioshack for about $8, and it's done the trick for everything I've needed it for thus far, but I've never had to completely desolder something before. Will I be able to do that with just my cheap soldering iron?
mgoblue3296  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this issue affect guitars across all consoles? I have GHWT for Wii and I haven't experienced any problems in the 2 weeks I've had it.
Kbiscu1t  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HerbieHero wrote:
I want to try this fix (though I don't know when I'll get the chance), but I don't know if I'm equipped for desoldering. I have a cheap electric soldering iron that I got from Radioshack for about $8, and it's done the trick for everything I've needed it for thus far, but I've never had to completely desolder something before. Will I be able to do that with just my cheap soldering iron?

Same thing here -- I turned on the iron and waited for it to heat up, but it won't move the solder on the guitar >

EDIT: This is what the Wii's chip looks like. It not budging with my soldering iron, how would I desolder it?

Sorry for the blurriness.

Erimgard  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to desolder
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Erimgard Wii Friend Code: 390958806486
Kbiscu1t  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erimgard wrote:
How to desolder

It's not desoldering, the solder on the board won't budge.

Edit: My soldering iron is 4.5 volts and 6 watts - Not powerful enough? I can't even get the solder that I put on the connection off. Any suggestions on a new soldering iron?
HerbieHero  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kbiscu1t wrote:
Erimgard wrote:
How to desolder

It's not desoldering, the solder on the board won't budge.

Edit: My soldering iron is 4.5 volts and 6 watts - Not powerful enough? I can't even get the solder that I put on the connection off. Any suggestions on a new soldering iron?

Well, the one I mentioned in my post--that I got for $8 at Radioshack--is 30W, so that should do the trick. 6W probably just isn't enough power. I'm not 100%--my only experience is soldering, not desoldering--but it's worth a shot, not that much of a loss if it doesn't work.
Kbiscu1t  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! Finally, after 4 days, 3 different soldering irons, and a few trips to radioshack, I have successfully replace the switches on my Schecter.

The 25 Watt/750 degree F did the job just fine. This "project" should have taken me 20 minutes, but (just like everything else I do myself) it turned into a huge deal and 4 days. But it's worth it, because now I can play GH without any worries of the strummer not responding.

THANKS!
deafdani  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, guys.

Like everyone else here, one of my GHWT guitars's strum bar is fucked up. Sometimes it doesn't work.

I would like to apply this fix, but unfortunately, I don't know anything about soldering. Is it hard.

Can someone experienced on this write a tutorial about soldering, at least on this particular issue with the GHWT guitar? And also say where I can find the soldering equipment, and which one I need to do the job?

Or is it way too hard?

Please answer, I can't get a refund of my guitar were I live.
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=soldering+guide
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
Kbiscu1t  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deafdani wrote:
Hi there, guys.

Like everyone else here, one of my GHWT guitars's strum bar is fucked up. Sometimes it doesn't work.

I would like to apply this fix, but unfortunately, I don't know anything about soldering. Is it hard.

Can someone experienced on this write a tutorial about soldering, at least on this particular issue with the GHWT guitar? And also say where I can find the soldering equipment, and which one I need to do the job?

Or is it way too hard?

Please answer, I can't get a refund of my guitar were I live.

Very easy procedure to replace the part -- The only reason it took me so long was because I had the wrong equipment.

I used a 25 Watt/750 degrees F iron and it worked amazingly -- I tried a 6 watt and a 11 watt and both didn't keep the solder hot enough.

Make sure you get a desoldering tool, like a vacuum or desoldering braid. Good luck!
Fug  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used this thread a week or two ago to try to fix my guitar's strum bar. It works better than before now and I'd just like to thank you for helping me get it working again and saving me a lot of money!

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
azeldin  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think this switch will work the same? I looked all around but since Radio Shack in Canada turned into "The Source", this is the cheapest switch I could find: http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=Switches+Switches&product=2750016
jakeyboy15  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azeldin wrote:
Do you think this switch will work the same? I looked all around but since Radio Shack in Canada turned into "The Source", this is the cheapest switch I could find: http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=Switches+Switches&product=2750016

I would stay away from a circuit city store right now
azeldin  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jakeyboy15 wrote:
azeldin wrote:

I would stay away from a circuit city store right now

Why's that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: