ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Co-op Mode Added!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Co-op Mode Added! Reply with quote

The long-awaited moment has finally arrived.

All of ScoreHero's functionality (tracking, ranking, browsing, comparing, and stat-proving) has been extended to accomodate team capabilities for Guitar Hero II's new cooperative play mode.

Here's how it works:

Creating a new team:
Both you and your partner must first have registered accounts on ScoreHero. At that point, in Manage Scores, after selecting Guitar Hero II, there will be a link next to Co-op called manage teams. This is where teams are formed.

Each user is initially limited to one team, however multiple teams may be created after upgrading your available team slots with contribution points from the Store page.

From this manage teams interface you can to create teams by sending a request to your partner (or having your partner send a request to you) by clicking Initiate Team Request.

Upon clicking Initiate Team Request, a popup will appear prompting you to choose your partner and select a name for the team (Note: no more than 25 characters in length).

The remainder of the manage teams interface is a table split into three sections: Registered Teams, Incoming Requests, and Sent Requests. After sending a request, an entry will appear under Sent Requests with an option to cancel the request if you wish.

When the recipient logs in and checks manage teams, he/she will see the request under Incoming Requests with two options: accept and reject. Rejecting the request will cancel the request; accepting the request will confirm the team's registration and move the team under Registered Teams, at which time you can begin submitting scores.

NOTE: After a team has been registered and BEFORE any scores have been submitted, there will be an option to "Disband Team" to free up the available team slot. Once a team score has been submitted, you WILL NOT be able to disband the team even if you remove the score(s) afterwards. You also WILL NOT be allowed to change team names for registered teams. I will not be making exceptions to these rules, so plan your teams accordingly! *cues Matt*

Managing Scores:
Now once you've registered a team, you're ready to participate. As usual, you'll navigate to Manage Scores, select Guitar Hero II, then select Co-op as the difficulty. At this point, you'll see a drop-down menu with your registered team(s). After selecting a team, the usual interface appears with "Insert, Delete, and View All" links beside each song.

Inserting Scores:
As before, the only required entry is "score", everything else is optional. However, in addition to the standard criteria (rating, note streak, comment, picture link, video link), you'll be able to track the difficulty and percentage for each part (lead guitar, and either bass or rhythm). You may also specify which team member played lead guitar (the other member is assigned to bass/rhythm automatically) for your record-keeping purposes.

Rankings:
All co-op scores are combined into a single leaderboard on the rankings page. However, you'll easily be able to detect which difficulties were played in most cases. Here's an example:

Code:
+------+---------------------------------+---------+------+--------+-------------------+
| Rank |             Team                |  Score  |Spread| Rating |      Percent      |
+------+---------------------------------+---------+------+--------+-------------------+
|  1st | Gold Farmers (Echelar / dd3mon) | 317,117 | N/A  |  ***** | 97% (X) / 95% (H) |

The format for the Team column is: Team_name (Lead_player / Bass_or_rhythm_player)
The format for the Percent column is: Lead_percent (Lead_difficulty) / Bass_or_rhythm_percent (Bass_or_rhythm_difficult)

Where the following letters are used to represent difficulties:
E - Easy
M - Medium
H - Hard
X - Expert

Meaning in the example above: Echelar played lead on expert and obtained 97%, and dd3mon played bass/rhythm on Hard and obtained 95%. In this case, the name of their team is "Gold Farmers".

The Top Scores page has also been modified with these same percentage format for co-op. Only the team name will be displayed, but you can hover the mouse over the team name to see both of its members.

Browsing Scores:
Browse Scores works similar to Manage Scores except everything is shown from the perspective of the user selected at the top. For co-op, this means that the team drop-down menu will display all registered teams in which the selected user is a member. In addition, I've added a button labeled Swap Members which allows you to swap the context of the team members and view the page from the perspective of the other partner instead.

Comparing Teams:
On the Compare Users page you will now be able to select a team for each of the two selected users after choosing Co-op as the difficulty. The usual comparisons are displayed using the modified co-op format for percentages. I do understand there's a lot of overhead in this area with the huge user drop-down menus, in time this will be improved. However for now, just be happy that it works.

Stat-Proving:
There are no major changes on the Song Stats page. You'll be able to submit proofs manually on that page, or if you submit a score with a screenshot that happens to fall into a cutoff range, it will automatically be submitted.

However, the main change here that carries throughout the entire site is the fact that extened ratings have currently been disabled for co-op. Meaning after a song's cutoffs are proven, you'll be able to view them on Song Stats, but there will be no fractional calculated ratings or extended ratings (beyond 5-stars). There's been much discussion about this, and at the moment, I've decided against them for various reasons. In addition, I've removed the 100% counts for co-op summary stats since it doesn't make sense with all the various difficulty combinations.

This has been an enormous amount of work over the past month to design, implement and test each aspect of the system. Most functionality has been lightly tested, but no guarantees everything will be flawless. So as usual, give me feedback, let me know if you have questions, and report any issues.

Let the co-op community begin, enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Cracks knuckles* Let's do this. Oh shit. Wait. I don't have a partner. FUCK.

Anyway awesome job JC...we know you've been crackin' hard on this. Oh, and you're my hero.
emptyset  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money.

Thanks for all your hard work, JC. Now to find a partner...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't enter in 7 digits.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:

I forgot about that. Now you can.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing. I just got my roommate to sign on yesterday with the intention of doing co-op. Now i just have to wait until he gets home from work.

Another kudos to JC for all his work.
BigE  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome work JC.....all of you be prepared for the unveiling in less than 5 days for the JHet/BigE team......"______" shit...we haven't picked a name yet....but fear us.

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
Thrice  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, now i have to get my friend to sign up for this site

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter what difficulty someone plays at. It's still the same leader board? I think I'm just not understanding this.
LOL, I'm confused.
Haven't played much Co-op so I don't know how it works.

Good work though!

JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHAR wrote:
It doesn't matter what difficulty someone plays at. It's still the same leader board? I think I'm just not understanding this.
LOL, I'm confused.
Haven't played much Co-op so I don't know how it works.

Good work though!

Feel free to read up on this thread here to understand why co-op rankings are combined. There was much thought and discussion behind this decision.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh OK, I understand. Sorry, I never looked through there.

MJM249  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:

Was I the only one to lol at this?
Kecos  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn JC, you rock. I just need to get my partner to register now.
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJM249 wrote:
ES942 wrote:

I did too.

Sidenote: wtf? When did the forum get a spellchecker? Sidenote, spellchecker, lol, and wtf are all red-underlined as I type this.
zawisza926  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
MJM249 wrote:
ES942 wrote:

I did too.

Sidenote: wtf? When did the forum get a spellchecker? Sidenote, spellchecker, lol, and wtf are all red-underlined as I type this.

Do you have Firefox? The new one has a built in spell-checker.

BTW, ES and I are here to pwn all teh 1337 n00bz!!!!!11!11

1 MILLION ON JESSICA!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: