ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Why would Konami make the screen scroll vertically?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muna  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Why would Konami make the screen scroll vertically? Reply with quote

I understand that the screen scrolls vertically in almost all of their other music games, but why on this? 90% of all people who play rhythm games now play either GH or RB. Why not have the notes scroll in the same direction? I would probably buy this game if it scrolled diagonally towards you like in GH and RB, but I just don't see myself being able to play it like this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it's better that way. GH/RB should have an option for a vertical perspective.

Quote:
90% of all people who play rhythm games now play either GH or RB.

Uh okay? So just because a lot of people play those games means EVERY music game should automatically have the incoming perspective?
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoMAXCML wrote:
Because it's better that way. GH/RB should have an option for a vertical perspective.

Quote:

Uh okay? So just because a lot of people play those games means EVERY music game should automatically have the incoming perspective?

Besides the first sentence, I agree with you. Konami made DDR, and that was a vertical perspective game. They have the right to make the game how they want it, but I agree that it wasn't the best way.

If you try to picture RR with the GH/RB style fretboard, it doesn't seem right. RR has different game mechanics that really only make much sense in the vertical way. (In my opinion)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, GuitarFreaks and DrumMania, which Rock Revolution has many similarities to, scroll vertically (although GuitarFreaks actually scrolls upward...).
muna  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoMAXCML wrote:

Quote:

Uh okay? I am not saying that having the game scroll towards you is better. I am just wondering why Konami would do this while it is more likely to reach a bigger audience using the same perspective as GH and RB.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muna wrote:
neoMAXCML wrote:

Quote:

Uh okay? I am not saying that having the game scroll towards you is better. I am just wondering why Konami would do this while it is more likely to reach a bigger audience using the same perspective as GH and RB.

I highly doubt that. People already saw it as a rip off in the beginning and couldn't stand the fact that the game had nearly all covers instead of masters that would satisfy their spoiled needs.
Also, neither Konami or us developed the game. Zoe Mode did. So you should ask them.
criztafor  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the games should have vertically scrolling notes as an option. I perfer it that way because the notes are never clustered together like some of the faster songs on GH/RB. (At least there is Hyperspeed.) So, basically, what I'm saying is, More options=more fun.

Love, peace, & chicken grease!
That is all.
JimmyHero33  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ughh i h8the view that they use it is crap please no1 go off at me that's just what i think.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did that way so they dont get sued for being a crappy knockoff....

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ajanata  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Nice bump.
  2. It scrolls vertically because that's how all of their games work. I, for one, welcome the change of pace.
  3. That's not how the legal system works.
  4. If anything, they'd sue Harmonix for violating their patents (and guess what, they actually did try, though I don't think it got anywhere). They're sitting pretty from a legal standpoint.
  5. The game is far from crappy. It's different, but that's a good thing. I thoroughly enjoy the challenges peppered throughout the career, and wish it would let you pick any challenge for any song.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: