ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The "Salad Bar" aka The RR Drums
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHeroFaLife  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: The "Salad Bar" aka The RR Drums Reply with quote

The pads dont look ata bad Too bad the game sucks (Because of the covers)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: The "Salad Bar" aka The RR Drums Reply with quote

GuitarHeroFaLife wrote:
Too bad the game sucks (Because of the covers)

Yep... Guitar Hero 1 and 2 totally sucked ass as well.
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: The "Salad Bar" aka The RR Drums Reply with quote

neoMAXCML wrote:
GuitarHeroFaLife wrote:

Don't EVER make fun of GH2. GH1 you can have your own opinion on, but seriously, GH2 is NOT a suck ass game.

Also, the Salad Bar drumset looks very... awkward. Anyone have this yet?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: The "Salad Bar" aka The RR Drums Reply with quote

Whitt333 wrote:
neoMAXCML wrote:
GuitarHeroFaLife wrote:

Don't EVER make fun of GH2. GH1 you can have your own opinion on, but seriously, GH2 is NOT a suck ass game.

Congratulations. You fail at catching sarcasm.
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: The "Salad Bar" aka The RR Drums Reply with quote

Whitt333 wrote:
neoMAXCML wrote:
GuitarHeroFaLife wrote:

He was making a joke...

GH1 and Gh2 were all covers... besides bonus songs... and they were amazing games... the RR covers are not half bad... the game is fun, I doubt most people who say it is, have even played it...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
ArcadicGamer  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, does anyone have this an know if it works well? Compatability pad wise towards GH and RB?

kaflagemeir  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop and John the Fisherman were masters (I think)

If I ever see this I'll run. >.>
It would just feel SO awkward. I doubt I've ever even seen drums in that arrangement. (I mean as in close together.)
Has anyone played on it yet? I hope to hear some thoughts on it.
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The "Salad Bar" aka The RR Drums Reply with quote

Whitt333 wrote:
neoMAXCML wrote:
GuitarHeroFaLife wrote:

On topic: At least the pads look bouncy and responsive
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SpellDX
k1ds3ns4t10n  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than its small size, I actually like the "salad bar". The pads are nicer than my old RB1 set, and overall construction feels alot sturdier.
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1ds3ns4t10n wrote:
Other than its small size, I actually like the "salad bar". The pads are nicer than my old RB1 set, and overall construction feels alot sturdier.

You actually have this set? Is the gameplay any good with it? I didn't know they released the set yet.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its released if you buy the bundle, which is just the game and the drums since there is no guitar. I don't think you can get just the drum set by itself yet.

I'm having alot of fun with the game using all 7 lanes. I actually like the vertical scrolling. It has taken me a little bit to get used to the colors being reversed for the high hat and the snare, and also that the bass pedal now having its own lane instead of a horizontal bar.

The game has a few interesting modes or "challenges" that I like, such as the insertion of dummy notes that you have to not hit while still hitting the real notes to pass, and the mode where you run through a song part with about 50 notes two times and then the third time they take the notes on the screen away. I belong to a very small group of people that actually like this game I guess.
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1ds3ns4t10n wrote:
Its released if you buy the bundle, which is just the game and the drums since there is no guitar. I don't think you can get just the drum set by itself yet.

I'm having alot of fun with the game using all 7 lanes. I actually like the vertical scrolling. It has taken me a little bit to get used to the colors being reversed for the high hat and the snare, and also that the bass pedal now having its own lane instead of a horizontal bar.

The game has a few interesting modes or "challenges" that I like, such as the insertion of dummy notes that you have to not hit while still hitting the real notes to pass, and the mode where you run through a song part with about 50 notes two times and then the third time they take the notes on the screen away. I belong to a very small group of people that actually like this game I guess.

I would agree to that! More power too you though. I wish I could find more enjoyment in the game personally.

I've never tried any of these "challenges". Maybe I'll play them with my RB kit sometime.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you do have the drums, how is the compatability with GH:WT and RB1;2? 4 lane on GH:WT? Good placement of pads on RB2?

k1ds3ns4t10n  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gives 5 lanes in GH4WT, but with the red and yellow being reversed, so you end up playing snare on the red triangle pad, and high-hat on the yellow pad. You get 4 lanes in RB1/RB2, with the same red/yellow reversal.
ArcadicGamer  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1ds3ns4t10n wrote:
It gives 5 lanes in GH4WT, but with the red and yellow being reversed, so you end up playing snare on the red triangle pad, and high-hat on the yellow pad. You get 4 lanes in RB1/RB2, with the same red/yellow reversal.

Awwwwwssssoooommme. Makes perfect sense to reverse the snare like that anyway.

I sense a bundle in my future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: