ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Relatively new to DDR - Wanna pick 1 up this Christmas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muna  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Relatively new to DDR - Wanna pick 1 up this Christmas Reply with quote

I really want to get back into DDR. Now that football season is over, I am getting almost no cardio work out and it is starting to take its toll. I was never very good at DDR (only being able to pass a few songs on the hardest difficulty of Mario Mix which was the only DDR I had ever owned), but for Christmas this year, I was hoping to get another version of DDR. Preferably for my xbox 360. I have done a little research and seen that DDR universe (1, 2, and 3) are the only 3 xbox 360 DDRs out. Which one do you think would be the best for somebody like me. I have looked through the reviews and they all have similar scores. Looking through the song lists, I recognized almost none of the songs so I can't even decide based off of that. Which version of DDR Universe do you think is the best? I also need to get a mat so I also need a little advice on that. Is the stock mat really that terrible because I am not terribly rich and if the stock pad works, then that is good for me. If it is so incredibly terrible, then which sub-$40 dance pads would you recommend? Finally, is there any lag when playing either of these on an HDTV? Thanks if you actually read all of this.

Shorter version: Which DDR Universe game is the best (1,2, or 3)? Is the stock dance mat really that bad? Is there any lag when playing on an HDTV?

Thanks a lot. I really look forward to your suggestions

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Universe 3 is amazing. The mats can get a bit worn out over time but according to your skill then they should be just fine. Does your HDTV lag for any other music games? The game does have a calibration option that should fix it anyway. Lag usually depends on the TV itself. If you start getting better and demand a better dance pad then I recommend Red Octane's Ignition pad. They go for 80$ but they're pretty good for foam pads.
muna  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoMAXCML wrote:
Universe 3 is amazing. The mats can get a bit worn out over time but according to your skill then they should be just fine. Does your HDTV lag for any other music games? The game does have a calibration option that should fix it anyway. Lag usually depends on the TV itself. If you start getting better and demand a better dance pad then I recommend Red Octane's Ignition pad. They go for 80$ but they're pretty good for foam pads.

Thanks for all the info. Are you saying that Universe 3 is the best one or have you not played the others?

The more feedback I get the better so even if you don't have that much to contribute any little bit of information that I get can help.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Universe 3 is the best because of the song list. I am a DDR veteran for 5 years and I know when I see a good song list. Also, I find the step charts created by the American Bemani team to be much higher quality than the charts from the Japanese Bemani team. I've heard that DDR Universe 3 may be on par with DDR Extreme Arcade which is considered to be the best arcade release by many players. And I'd have to agree, DDR Extreme is pretty damn brilliant, but DDR Universe 3 is just as amazing. I do not own a 360 but ever since the previews and confirmed song list, I've wanted to get a 360 just for this game.
muna  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like I will be getting Universe 3 then. Thanks for all the input, neoMAXCML.

If anybody has anything else to say, then you can still go ahead and say it. I probably won't be ordering the game for a few weeks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: