Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Success with wii DLC customs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrwulff34  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Success with wii DLC customs Reply with quote

So my other project right now besides getting the frets ripped of the disk has been to be able to install customs as dlc for the wii. Not doing any wii specific hacking before I had to learn tons of stuff from .app files to xyzzy

so right now i am at the point where i can successfully install a song into the 'wii menu'

every thing is going well at this point and it even shows up in the wii saves as a regular pay and play file.

YAY! at this point i'm pretty freaking out because for about a month i couldn't get anything to install because i had the wrong 'key' file

so i open up the game and it loads and loads.... and then i get this horrible screen:

oh crappers. back to the beginning. So i return to the music store, and am greeted by this message as well:

and now i can't even get to the shop to redownload my 'base' song to try and restart the process. (unless i format my wii)

So right now it sucks. I'm pretty much packing a wad, spending 10 minutes installing it, 3 minutes loading the game, and then dumping my nand for another 20 minutes,formatting, then reinstalling twilight. Is anybody else working on something similar and or willing to help try some different things?
Remfin  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to go about it "legitly" by dumping the ticket and keys to my computer and doing all the work on there while using the normal Wii Menu <-> SD card copying. As you've found out, WAD installs are kind of messy, whereas if you build and sign the save correctly even if it doesn't work in the game you should still be able to delete it in the menu...plus, it means the only thing you ever have to do homebrew wise is copy the ticket and run the keydumper once and from then on the program would do all the work.

But, when I go to decrypt the files, I seem to be getting garbage. Either I'm not reimplementing segher's tools correctly (don't know how to compile them on Windows ), or there is another level of encryption that GH may be using or something.

I'd be happy to help or test things if you want.
mrwulff34  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confused when you say "legitly" because doing both of these things would be in the same gray area as far as legal matters, because we will still have to sign them both with trucha as i understand it. Also assuming that we have paid for the dlc/gotten the free songs, there is nothing wrong with 'modifying' them

The reason i went with wads instead of save files, is because there are about 100 times more people who know about creating wads then there are people who are familiar with seghers tools, even if most of them are for not legit purposes.

If you wanna test some of my things go right ahead, its fairly easy if you know what you are doing, assuming you know enough to compile the save game tools. Just dump the nand, hex the tmd, pack, install and cross your fingers.

After that, mess around with the 0000001E.app file which contains catalog_info.qb.ngc which is where I 'think' I am stuck at because this is the file which tells the disk where and what the dlc is.

Also, i have figured out if i use anytitle deleter i can erase the corrupt dlc without having to format!
Remfin  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I didn't mean "legitly" in a legal sense, I think I meant more..."clean", perhaps. I wanted them to work without having to shove files on the drive (WAD Installer) or anything like that if at all possible and have them work seamlessly with the system. I believe Trucha signing is only for discs and other executable content that doesn't change; this stuff changes a lot, you can never know what combination will be on the drive, so I don't believe Nintendo is signing it.

BTW, I think the proximate cause of your error (keep in mind I don't know if WAD Installer tries to do this stuff, but I doubt it) is that you shoved a new file/changed an old file in an existing directory, but the TMD file was never updated to account for that. I believe if the contents of the /content/ directory don't match the files found in the TMD, either for security or corruption issues, it refuses to load any of it.
mrwulff34  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I have been updating the tmd to reflect where and what the files are. The problem right now is that there is another 'index' file which lists what the available dlc on the server and what has or not been downloaded and where it is on the wii. (catalog_info.qb.ngc) this is the main file im looking at right now but its completely new format for me

edit: just trying other things i found this gem:

weird how the image is correct but the text is corrupt,
then when in game it locks up hard at this screen, which has never taken more than 3 seconds before:

has anybody else tried this?
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sure this is related to the fact that GH:WT cannot be opened with trucha or wiiscrubber (non force wii). once those are updated to support it im sure new tools will emerge to make these problems easier to deal with, try contacting the auther for the programs i mentioned and see if anyones willing to update it (wiiscrubber people are your best bet)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"awhile"? In official menus?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsteadycarrot wrote:
im sure this is related to the fact that GH:WT cannot be opened with trucha or wiiscrubber (non force wii).

Whats the difference between force wii mode and not, because ive been using scrubber to extract the charts, (see my other thread about the charts)?

Also what tools are you talking about, because im pretty sure none of them are able to look at the catalog file, which should be new to world tour.
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure what the difference is between force wii and not, the only difference i know is that one works and one doesnt . using this mode lets you extract but not replace, replacing ANYTHING causes a bad burn/unreadable game.

i just meant the wiiscrubber / trucha tools, they updated these once so they worked with games like trauma centre etc so im sure they just need to update it again to support GH:WT. which means other tools like wadpackers etc would get a similar update to "fix" this new protection.(i know crap all about wad tools and how to make wads)

i think nanook may look into this later on down the line as it would be nice to have theGHOST support WT but not right now. so if you DO get anything customwise working on the wii im sure teamGHOST would be very interested

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrwulff34 wrote:
Actually I have been updating the tmd to reflect where and what the files are. The problem right now is that there is another 'index' file which lists what the available dlc on the server and what has or not been downloaded and where it is on the wii. (catalog_info.qb.ngc) this is the main file im looking at right now but its completely new format for me
Does the size happen to be 0x4000 (16,384 bytes) or 0x84E0 (34,016 bytes)? Or really close (as the shop updates I get more placeholder files and I assume that 2nd file gets bigger over time)? Those are the two files included when I copy the save over to the SD card on a "blank" song save.
mrwulff34  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remfin wrote:
mrwulff34 wrote:
Does the size happen to be 0x4000 (16,384 bytes) or 0x84E0 (34,016 bytes)? Or really close (as the shop updates I get more placeholder files and I assume that 2nd file gets bigger over time)? Those are the two files included when I copy the save over to the SD card on a "blank" song save.

yep!(only off by like 200bytes) the bigger one is the icon you see in the wii menu so it stays the same, and the little one is the list of dlc avalable, which gets bigger depending on the dlc avalbe
mrwulff34  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Unsteadycarrot"]im not sure what the difference is between force wii and not, the only difference i know is that one works and one doesnt . using this mode lets you extract but not replace, replacing ANYTHING causes a bad burn/unreadable game.

/[/quote

Oh, i get it, sorry. I have never actually tried to rebuild a disk, figured somebody else would head that direction, and i'd be off in my corner doing the dlc thing
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh thats ok i know what your getting at. I just wanted to point out that because the game itself has new protection im presuming once the game protection is cracked we can then hope that the DLC can be cracked using the same method.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrwulff34 wrote:
yep!(only off by like 200bytes) the bigger one is the icon you see in the wii menu so it stays the same, and the little one is the list of dlc avalable, which gets bigger depending on the dlc avalbe
Nah, I was talking about the actual files included in the save. The GHWT DLC Song save has the header and BK header of a save game, but the TMD, contents, and ending certs of a channel, while being named data.bin (savegame) instead of content.bin.

If I'm understanding it correctly, the unchanging-size file is always first and seems to be normal. The rest of the files (including the catalog) have a special type which presumably means "DLC; may or may not be present."
mrwulff34  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I am pretty sure that the problem I am having with the dlc is based around 2 things. First, for some reason (probably because there is no reason to do it in order) is that when you buy a song from the store, it puts it in a random 000000xx.app file, which is indexed by the tmd. However current wad packers assume that you have all of the content you need already, and just puts it in order from 0 to whatever number of files you have. I suspect that somewhere in world tour, it is looking for the randomized xx.app file, not the one that is packed. So unless I want to write a new wadpacker, I think i am hopeless for now.

On the other hand, it is probably much simpler to just tell world tour that that you want to load the file say 00000002.app instead of the random assigned one. So I spent the better part of the evening focusing on catalog_info.qb file, and wrote up some half assed documentation trying to figure out where it is calling out which app to load. If anybody wants to look at it it can be found here for now. http://pastebin.com/f7e9bb657

The sad part is that I spent a hell of a lot of time in trying to figure out half of the file, which i actually did, but i did not find anything mind blowing. This leads me to believe that it is hidden (possibly even encrypted) in the header of the catalog file, because at this point, it is the only part of the file that does not make any sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: