ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
World Tour Vox FC Breakdown *Aug. 29 DLC Added*
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: World Tour Vox FC Breakdown *Aug. 29 DLC Added* Reply with quote

Since Hailz has already made a nice Metallica FC breakdown, I no longer plan on doing one. As far as I'm concerned, this should be considered the "official" GH:M breakdown. You can find it here.

Alright I've added in DLC, everything I have. I bolded the free stuff. If anyone has a placement for DLC I don't have, say so and I'll add it in.
Also, I added in all the phrase streaks. I think it looks ugly the way I have it now though. Any ideas on how to clean it up?

Welcome to the Guitar Hero World Tour Vocal FC expert breakdown. There are a number of things that I think can be done with this thread and that it can serve the community in many ways. First, I want to state that this is a breakdown for phrase streak FCs only, and not 100 percents. I believe that intermediate vocalists and highly established vocalists are looking for more FCs and this thread could help point them in the right direction. If nothing else, it could help you improve scores and rank. But I think it could be especially helpful for beginning vocalists or people thinking of beginning a vocal career by giving them a rough idea of which songs have harder/easier phrases and a general idea of difficulty.

GHWT Breakdown

1. No Sleep Till Brooklyn – 56 phrases - Proof that ceiling fans can be good vocalists too
2. What I’ve Done – 23 phrases - Nah Nah Nah phrase only stumbling block.
3. Pretty Vacant – 44 phrases - 100 percentable?
4. Feel the Pain – 24 phrases - “Painfully” easy
5. About a Girl - 31 phrases
6. Assassin – 24 phrases - pretty much exclusively comprised of long holds
7. Stillborn – 24 phrases - lots of long holds
8. Overkill - 19 phrases
9. The Middle – 42 phrases - who doesn’t know this song?
10. The One I Love – 22 phrases - that damn "Mmm Hmm Hmm" phrase makes this a lot tougher than I originally thought.
11. Lazy Eye – 29 phrases - easy, easy, easy. Barely ever moves from the same pitch line
12. Obstacle 1 – 46 phrases - doesn’t jump around much
13. You’re Gonna Say Yeah! – 44 phrases - choruses are potential combo breaker
14. Hotel California – 58 phrases - third verse seems harder for some reason.
15. Up Around the Bend – 39 phrases
16. Do it Again – 33 phrases - some low pitches
17. Mr. Crowley - 28 phrases
18. Today - 40 phrases
19. On the Road Again - 27 phrases - pretty easy, but forces you to stay on your toes
20. Aggro - 38 phrases
21. Rooftops – 53 phrases - Nothing too tough
22. Weapon of Choice - 46 phrases
23. Too Much Too Young Too Fast – 35 phrases - the last chorus is ass
24. Prisoner of Society - 49 phrases
25. Everlong – 34 phrases - lower pitched verses can break combos, tempo increases slightly for chorus
26. Vinternoll 2 - 25 phrases - actually really easy as long as you don't let the fact that it's Swedish intimidate you.
27. Monsoon – 59 phrases - hardest parts are “hey” and “ooh” phrases
28. Mountain Song - 40 phrases
29. Trapped Under Ice - 32 phrases
30. Pull Me Under – 48 phrases - actually not that hard
31. Re-Education Through Labor - 42 phrases
32. Freak on a Leash – 45 phrases - low pitch monotone verses are tricky
33. Beautiful Disaster - 40 phrases
34. Hot For Teacher - 42 phrases
35. Band on the Run - 52 phrases - not too fast
36. Ramblin Man – 28 phrases - choruses jump around a little bit
37. Heartbreaker – 44 phrases - chorus slides
38. Scream Aim Fire - 49 phrases
39. Some Might Say - 40 phrases - choruses
40. Sweet Home Alabama - 45 phrases - everyone knows this
41. La Bamba - 29 phrases - habla espanol?
42. Dammit - 26 phrases - Some people seem to find this really easy, while others have a tough time with it. So I ranked this one about midway.
43. Hail to the Freaks - 35 phrases
44. Eye of the Tiger - 52 phrases
45. Livin' on a Prayer - 63 phrases - requires a strong consistent effort.
46. Love Spreads – 66 phrases - very repetitive, especially at the end
47. Float On - 36 phrases
48. The Kill – 43 phrases - low pitch verses can be tough
49. Crazy Train – 42 phrases - very short phrases like “crazy” and “maybe” are instant combo breakers if not hit perfectly
50. Go Your Own Way - 37 phrases
51. Hey Man Nice Shot - 37 phrases - low pitch verses
52. Santeria - 38 phrases
53. Rebel Yell - 74 phrases
54. Soul Doubt – 38 phrases - stays on a pretty even pitch for the most part
55. Shiver - 51 phrases - could be hard if you can’t hit the high pitched stuff.
56. Are You Gonna Go My Way - 33 phrases - Kravitz is a sloppy singer, making this tough.
57. The Joker - 42 phrases
58. Our Truth - 41 phrases - pretty easy outside the gothicky "oooohhs"
59. BYOB - 56 phrases - Serge Tanakian comes equipped with an impressive variety of strange pitches, but none of it is obscenely hard to pick up.
60. Stranglehold – 36 phrases - You could finish your homework in the time between the verses.
61. Love Removal Machine - 61 phrases
62. Hollywood Nights - 57 phrases
63. Antisocial - 52 phrases - verses are fairly easy, the tripping points are the choruses and the “an-ti-so-cials” at the end.
64. Purple Haze – 47 phrases - Hendrix is not the greatest singer, and that’s what makes this tough. "Help Me Baby" phrases can be tough too.
65. Schism - 46 phrases - verses are tricky, but everything past that is manageable
66. Parabola – 41 phrases - "In this hooooooly reality" phrases are charted extremely awkwardly. Nothing is really easy.
67. One Armed Scissor - 54 phrases
68. Love Me Two Times 42 phrases – small hit boxes for most words, hard to get the pitch down. Very hard song in general.
69. Vicarious - 63 phrases - You have to fight for every single phrase in this song.
70. Nuvole E Lenzuola - 61 phrases - foreign stuff always tends to be hard.
71. Spiderwebs – 74 phrases - Gwen Stefani. Have fun.
72. Misery Business – 49 phrases - good luck just trying to hum the verses, let alone enunciate them. Choruses no cake walk either.
73. Toy Boy – 63 phrases - dododododododododeedeedeedeedododododeedeedeedo
74. Beat It - 54 phrases - Lots of tough stuff here - small hitboxes in the verses, spammery near the end, and tons of short "Beat it Beat it" phrases are manageable but very easy to miss.
75. Escula de Calor – 31 phrases - hardest foreign language song other than L’Via L’Viaquez
76. Kick Out the Jams – 38 phrases - see Purple Haze. Replace Hendrix with Wayne Kramer
77. The Wind Cries Mary – 20 phrases - pitch is ridiculously hard to discern
78. American Woman - 56 phrases - notoriously difficult song for vocalists. Insane outro spammery.
79. Never Too Late – 54 phrases - singer has a really odd, unconventional style. Virtually every single phrase is very difficult.
80. Good God – 42 phrases - you’re dealing with a very talented soul/R&B type singer. Good luck.
81. Demolition Man – 38 phrases - hard all around. Hit boxes for many of the words are minuscule
82. L’Via L’Viaquez – 51 phrases - this song throws a pretty much everything at you. Varying pitches and tempos, English, Spanish, and those damn Mmmms at the end.
83. One Way Or Another - 47 phrases Welcome to the hardest 47 phrases you will ever try to combo. Verses are incredibly difficult; Deborah Harry's vocal delivery is akin to improv; near impossible to perfectly replicate. Some phrases, like "I'll get ya, I'll get ya" in the second verse sound like they should be talkies, but no luck. At any rate, the verses go wherever they want to. Outro is no cakewalk either.

World Tour DLC

1. Debaser - all talkies
2. On Broken Glass - all talkies
3. Grave of Opportunity - all talkies
4. Electro Rock - almost all talkies
5. Disconnected - see Electro Rock
6. Dez Moines - mostly talkies
7. The Silence is Deafening - a lot of talkies
8. Jimi - 13 phrases I think is the fewest in the game. And they're all easy.
9. Love Me Like a Reptile - slightly harder than Overkill
10. Stay Away
11. Audience of One
12. Sacrifice
13. Human
14. 21st Century Digital Boy
15. I'll Never Know
16. Panic Switch
17. The Touch
18. Drive
19. Born to Run
20. Your Face
21. Fire - easiest Hendrix FC? Still hard
22. Boddhisatva
23. Nothing All the Time
24. Black Betty
25. Ticks - I know very few people have probably played this song but take my word for it, it is hard. Would be in the 70s if it was on disc.
26. If 6 Was 9
27. Little Wing

Hope this is helpful. If there's anything I can do to make it better, let me know!

Last edited by Amanwithapencil on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:34 pm; edited 30 times in total
sedron  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escuala De Calor is listed as the hardest foreign language song besides L'via L'Viaquez. Antisocial is in the middle. Isn't Antisocial foreign or something? That's all I notice here.
I haven't tried much in vocals, but as I've heard from people opinions vary most for FC difficulty in vocals. I'll write my opinions on songs if I get a chance to try sometime soon.
think13  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

Listing the total number of phrases in the song would be very helpful, because it is tough to tell when you have an FC. Most of the vocals songs have been FCed already, so checking the top scores should give a good idea of the phrases needed for an FC.

Otherwise, the exact order doesn't really matter on these sorts of lists. It looks like you made good choices. There are only a couple I think should be moved.

I think Re-education through labor is easier than you list (maybe just for me because I love Rise Against) - it is fairly repetitive. American Woman is harder than you think: a lot of variance between phrases, and huge intervals in the end make it tough.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm kinda in agreement with think here, except replace Santeria with Re-Education. I find it a LOT easier than songs like Scream Aim Fire or even Band on tha Run.

Also, LOL @ that doo doo dee dee part of Toy Boy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 127492788588
kniGhToFdEaTh  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are forgetting Satch Boogie it is easily #1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Suggestions Reply with quote

think13 wrote:
Listing the total number of phrases in the song would be very helpful, because it is tough to tell when you have an FC. Most of the vocals songs have been FCed already, so checking the top scores should give a good idea of the phrases needed for an FC.

This is actually a good idea. Whenever I get a chance to play again I'll count em up and add that in there. But the streak on the magazine page doesn't necessarily correspond to the number of phrases in the game, does it? Because when I hit every phrase in No Sleep Till Brooklyn it always says the streak is 56, but I don't think there are 56 phrases in the song... In fact, for that matter, are there any vocal songs that haven't been FCed? I would be curious to find out.

Anyway, I moved Re-education Through Labor down a little bit. I still think it's a pretty tough FC. I usually break streak on the "We toss and turn but don't sleep/Each breath we take makes us thieves" and I don't think I've ever hit the "I won't believe the lies that hide the truth" part in the breakdown. I don't think it's easier than Santeria, but I'll take a look at both songs when I get a chance. I'll look at American Woman also.

Also:

kniGhToFdEaTh wrote:

Lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: Suggestions Reply with quote

Amanwithapencil wrote:
think13 wrote:

This is actually a good idea. Whenever I get a chance to play again I'll count em up and add that in there. But the streak on the magazine page doesn't necessarily correspond to the number of phrases in the game, does it? Because when I hit every phrase in No Sleep Till Brooklyn it always says the streak is 56, but I don't think there are 56 phrases in the song... In fact, for that matter, are there any vocal songs that haven't been FCed? I would be curious to find out.

Anyway, I moved Re-education Through Labor down a little bit. I still think it's a pretty tough FC. I usually break streak on the "We toss and turn but don't sleep/Each breath we take makes us thieves" and I don't think I've ever hit the "I won't believe the lies that hide the truth" part in the breakdown. I don't think it's easier than Santeria, but I'll take a look at both songs when I get a chance. I'll look at American Woman also.

Also:

kniGhToFdEaTh wrote:

Lol

There are a few that haven't. Maybe L'Via L'Viaquez (I know I didn't FC it) and Demolition Man?

What's interesting is it doesn't count your streak, it counts the total number of phrases you hit. So if you miss in the middle of Overkill, it will say 18 instead of 10. I find that a little strange...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinternoll 2 Hard for you to sing in swedish?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438255233656
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotel California is underrated in my opinion. I played it twice and couldn't even get in the 90% range, BUT I FC'd Never Too Late, so I consider myself a good singer.

EDIT: Probably because I had never heard the song before GH:WT...

EDIT 2: "Nueolve E Lenoza" is "Nuvole E Lenzuola".

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotel California is the only one where if I sing it doesn't dick me over.

Everything else HAS to be a controlled humming to combo. (Few exceptions on parts, but no whole song)

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kniGhToFdEaTh wrote:

You can't play Satch Boogie on vocals.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitt333 wrote:
kniGhToFdEaTh wrote:

You can't play Satch Boogie on vocals.

Not on single player, but it does have a vocal part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOT5XJ5xZro
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTE: All the following are in mu opinion, of course.

60. Re-Education Through Labor – not many easy phrases
61. Dammit

These should be lower, they're pretty straightforward (I FC'd both on sightread).

12. You’re Gonna Say Yeah! – choruses are potential combo breaker

This should be just a nudge higher, and I actually had the opposite problem - the choruses were the easy part for me.

30. Scream Aim Fire
40. Hey Man Nice Shot

God, am I the only one who has a ridiculously hard time with these songs?

54. La Bamba – habla espanol?

It may be in Spanish, but everyone knows this song.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...L'via isn't the hardest in my opinion. the "mmmhs" at the end are damn tricky, but i got the fc with practice. i feel like One way or another is harder because of weird and fast pitch changes...Never too late is...well, i failed my sightread Good god should take the place of Beat it i think : Beat it is trickier, but Good god is even worse i hate when the pitch line goes in zigzag so fast...

ah well, i haven't tried to FC Toy boy yet, and still haven't sung most of the songs, so i can't really tell for the others...
SneakingZonia  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Good God Reply with quote

I have a hard time with this song - Good God
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: