ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
World Tour Vox FC Breakdown *Aug. 29 DLC Added*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GRYBOPandRYBOGP  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, what two songs don't have vocals besides Satch Boogie?

Oh, and is pretty much the same on lower difficulties?
The way you spelled Metallica reminds me of the way Lynyrd Skynyrd was spelled on the cover of GH:M originally.. >_>
ohh noes! typing error, someone call the police!!
Me - "Hello, 911. I'm calling on the behalf of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Neversoft has failed to spell the name correctly on the game, Guitar Hero: Metallica. This will effect their image and possibly reduce sales for the band. I suggest suing the company."
Police - "Who the fuck do you think you are? WMG? Get off our line."
think13  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRYBOPandRYBOGP wrote:
Wait, what two songs don't have vocals besides Satch Boogie?

Oh, and is pretty much the same on lower difficulties?

There aren't any vocals battles. The two other songs w/o vocals would be the guitar battles, I think. This will likely be the same on lower difficulties, because you need to sing the same notes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: lower levels Reply with quote

I think that the lower is easier of course, there is more time to find the right pitch as you dont miss your streak as fast as you do in hard/expert. Or?
AngstyLou  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: lower levels Reply with quote

SneakingZonia wrote:
I think that the lower is easier of course, there is more time to find the right pitch as you dont miss your streak as fast as you do in hard/expert. Or?

If you mean more phrases before you break combo, no. I tested this on Hey Man Nice Shot and the song, no matter what difficulty, still had 37 phrases with the same stipulations between greens (90%+), yellows(89-80%), whites (79-70%), and reds (69%-). But lower does have a larger hit window for the correct pitch (I think somewhere around a half-whole step in either direction of the note).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 127492788588
GRYBOPandRYBOGP  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I meant if I could use this breakdown for any level because I cannot sing in this game (can I plz move 1/8 of an octave up or down, lol, but I mean if it were set in the beginning of the game or something). But I also wanted to know exactly what made Easy easy in vocals. Is it also the pitch range that makes a difference in Rock Band 2?
The way you spelled Metallica reminds me of the way Lynyrd Skynyrd was spelled on the cover of GH:M originally.. >_>
ohh noes! typing error, someone call the police!!
Me - "Hello, 911. I'm calling on the behalf of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Neversoft has failed to spell the name correctly on the game, Guitar Hero: Metallica. This will effect their image and possibly reduce sales for the band. I suggest suing the company."
Police - "Who the fuck do you think you are? WMG? Get off our line."
SneakingZonia  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: lower levels Reply with quote

Yes, that's the words I am looking for, bigger hit window, you have to be more precise in hard/expert, right? I'm sorry for the confusion, lack of language skills!! LOL

I've just started to try vocals on expert, have practised a lot on easy and medium, and also a little on hard, just to learn the songs, so now I'm challenged into trying expert. I can't say no to a challenge like that, love to sing
AngstyLou  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: lower levels Reply with quote

SneakingZonia wrote:
Yes, that's the words I am looking for, bigger hit window, you have to be more precise in hard/expert, right? I'm sorry for the confusion, lack of language skills!! LOL

I've just started to try vocals on expert, have practised a lot on easy and medium, and also a little on hard, just to learn the songs, so now I'm challenged into trying expert. I can't say no to a challenge like that, love to sing

Yeah, you need to be more precise on Hard/ Expert. That's really the biggest difference. This also yeilds more points (500 per phrase vs... what ever for E/M/H)
if it's any consolation, you could def kick my ass, lol. im like tha glass joe of ghwt vox.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 127492788588
SneakingZonia  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

Not on expert! I really struggle with that level.
espyy  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh.. Think13 has been here? xD One of the best singers ^^
Anyways.. Soul Doubt isn't that hard :O Or is it just because I love it? Lol, and Re-Education is not so hard eighter..
think13  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having some more experience with the songs, here are some more suggestions.
I think Hotel California should be moved down. There are some short phrases I believe, and it is definitely harder than Assassin or Stillborn.
I also think American Woman should be moved down. There has only been one submitted FC on expert for this song. It is very hard.

Those are the ones that stick out at me for now. I'll take another look when it isn't so late (almost 12:30 here)...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: World Tour Vocal Expert FC Breakdown *updated Dec. 6* Reply with quote

Amanwithapencil wrote:

74. Toy Boy – dododododododododeedeedeedeedododododeedeedeedo

omg that's the reason i just love that song lol >.<

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
The7thLegacy  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Armed Scissor should probably switch places with Shiver, because
it's not that hard, whereas Shiver is a huge pain in the ass.

At least, it is for me.
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found Schism to be that hard; then again I'm a fan so I know the song pretty well and I think it fits my range nicely (unlike a few easy songs like Feel The Pain and Assassin that I completely can't figure out how to sing)
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, bump for several big updates, most notably being the GH:Metallica stuff. I'd really like to know what you guys think about this and about the prospect of having a breakdown for GH:M vocals. I dunno if I should eventually make it a seperate thread or keep it all together...
Also, I finally started adding in phrases to the GHWT section as per think13's suggestion. I don't think we'll need them for GH:M since songs are now 100 percentable, but if you guys disagree I can add it in. Also, I slightly moved One Way or Another up, so it's now considered harder on the list. Also considering moving L'Via out of the top spot. Apart from that, I've planning on making several updates to this thread but I've been lazy w/ school and whatnot. I'll get to it eventually.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a harder time consistently getting Seek and Destroy than Sad But True. I used to think Sad But True was harder, but once I got the first verse down I can FC it every time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: