ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
World Tour Vox FC Breakdown *Aug. 29 DLC Added*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SneakingZonia  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want # of phrases for each song? I have a list somewhere, but not sure if every is correct, but I could go through them again to see
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SneakingZonia wrote:
Do you want # of phrases for each song? I have a list somewhere, but not sure if every is correct, but I could go through them again to see

Yeah, that'd be helpful actually. It'd save me the trouble of having to scroll through every leaderboard.

Also, Hotel California is now ranked slightly harder in accordance with the feedback, and I also switched Re-education Thru Labor with American Woman.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, then I will go to work with them, and pm you as I confirm
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warning: shameless plug about my own thread.

You can get the number of phrases from this thread. I'm confident that this information is correct. I've gotten 55 FC's and so far, all the note streaks match.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82086

SneakingZonia  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

I think this is the day of discovery for me.. Stubbscroll, you're Norwegian..?!!

Also, as I now am going through my list of songs map I played "stillborn". In the "more stats" option it said I had notes hit 100/100. I had 100% on 22 phrases, 99 on two, still I ended up with 99% score on that song. *mad* That IS strict in my opinion.

*edit* Stubbscroll, I also put in where are the pauses and freeform sections, but I check my list against yours
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's correct, I'm Norwegian. Nice to have a countrymate high up on the leaderboards! Though I doubt I can reach your total score, as I'm terrible on freeforms.

I think the percentage in the regular "end of song" screen is rounded down, while the one in more stats is rounded up. The more stats percentage is almost always one higher.

The score system really is that insanely strict. You need 100% on all phrases to get 100% on the song. Though your -2 on Stillborn is probably the closest anyone has come to 100% on a non-talkie song. Maybe Electro Rock (DLC) could also be 100%'ed.

And to be on-topic:

I don't think BOYB is as hard as #73. The only hard phrases are the "la la la"s. The verses mostly consist of sections of two alternating pitches, and they aren't too bad to learn. Once learned, the verses aren't hard. Maybe around #50 is more appropriate.

Also, Beat It at #82 is too high. Around #70-75 feels more correct (though personally I would move it to around 60, before Dammit which I found quite hard). Before the solo there's only one hard phrase, one of the last ones in verse 2. The "beat it, beat it"s are very calibration-sensitive, but not too bad with correct calibration. None of the outro phrases have very small hit boxes either, and sung one octave lower they aren't too bad.

In addition, BOYB has been FC'ed at least 13 times, Beat it 8 times while none of Never too late, Good god, Toy Boy, L'via l'viaquez, Demolition man and American woman (and probably a couple more songs) has been FC'ed more than 4 times.

SneakingZonia  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Nice Reply with quote

Yes it was awesome to find that it was a countrymate here

I have to agree with you on the song difficulties, although for me - Beat it - is really difficult. I also cannot see why Vicarious is so far down the list, that is by far the easiest of the tool songs for me. The part mentioned is really not difficult to learn if you try it.

But then again, one cannot get this list quite correct for everybody since we are different individuals with different voices and styles, so..
Y2Grae  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd like to nominate one way or another as the toughest song, as its the only main setlist i have yet to FC.

honourable mentions to: good god, never too late, misery business and then the hendrix songs.

will edit with anymore i find on a look through
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: GH:M and World Tour Vocal FC Breakdown *in progress* Reply with quote

I'll make my changes to your list. Seeing as how I'm currently the closest to a FGFC on the 360 (we could ask dramacomic for some PS2 input, but IIRC he got like, 24 FC's in one day he may have trouble remembering what was easy or hard!), I can probably tell you with the most accuracy what songs are the hardest FC's (..on 360). I'll try to not be too biased, though, since some songs took me a longer time to FC simply because I didn't know them.

Guitar Hero Metallica FC Breakdown

1. Blood and Thunder - All talkies
2. Fade to Black - Definitely the easiest Metallica song. Very slow and very few phrases.
3. The Shortest Straw - I think I FC'd this my second try and I'd never heard it before until then.
4. War Ensemble - Almost all talkies, but one really dumb phrase. Don't underestimate this song.
5. The Thing That Should Not Be - Another very slow, vocally sparse song. Epic final song, but definitely in the top 5 of "easy FC's."
6. Demon Cleaner - Pretty easy song, not much else to say.
7. For Whom the Bell Tolls - Fairly simple song, but has some tricky bits about it.
8. No Excuses - Harmonized vocals makes this song tricky, so it's not extremely easy. But once you learn it its not so bad. It's overtiered definitely, though.
9. One - You guys should know this song, but by far it isn't the easiest Metallica song, like some of you think.
10. Ace of Spades - Pretty short song with some tricky spots, but I definitely got this in my first 10 FC's.
11. Mommy's Little Monster (Live) - Once you learn the pattern, this isn't very hard at all. The hardest part is catching your breath because the vocals move fairly fast.
12. Beautiful Mourning - Changing from talkies to pitches is the hardest part, but other than that it's a fairly simple FC.
13. Evil - The song is high-pitched, yeah, but when you find your comfortable octave it's not all that hard at all.
14. Enter Sandman - Everyone knows this song, but the wankery and "off to never never land" makes it a bit tough.
15. Hell Bent For Leather - "But no one knows from where he comes" and some other pitches parts makes this song a tough FC.
16. Toxicity - If you don't know this song, it's pretty hard. But even if you do, the ending has a way of tripping you up.
17. Dyer's Eve - The speed of this one makes me put it down so low. It's not hard vocally, but it's just so fast.
18. Battery - ^
19. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
20. The Unforgiven - I actually got this song as my #26, because I kept choking. It's definitely not as easy as its tiering would suggest.
21. No Leaf Clover - I got this FC fairly early, but it's one of the best Metallica songs vocally and definitely not easy.
22. Mother of Mercy - Danzig isn't easy to sing, ever. :P But this one can be gotten with a bit of grinding.
23. Master of Puppets - Long song, somewhat fast, I always missed at the end.
24. Disposable Heroes - Pretty fast song = pretty picky sometimes.
25. Seek and Destroy - Something about the bends and slides in this song makes this a tough FC for me. Some phrases feel pretty picky.
26. Sad But True - I got this one early on but the accuracy required to FC this is pretty insane.
27. Frantic - Easy to run out of breath.
28. Fuel - Another good-sounding song vocally, which makes it tough IMO.
29. Nothing Else Matters - This one shouldn't be this hard, but is is (for me).
30. Creeping Death - I couldn't reFC this when I tried.
31. War Inside My Head - This song is only this low because once you figure out the stupid "Oh can you ___" phrases, it's not THAT bad. I never had the patience to grind it out until recently. This was FC #38 for me, though, very hard FC.
32. Armed and Ready - High parts, kinda tricky.
33. All Nightmare Long - Long song. This was a later FC for me, but only because I kept choking at the end. It's really not all that hard once you discover what it wants.
34. Mercyful Fate - Very long song, Satan's Fall and Come Into My Coven are both tricky.
35. The Memory Remains - Lots and lots of vocals, also a handful of extremely picky phrases.
36. King Nothing - End wankery, from what I remember, make this song a hard FC.
37. Turn the Page (Live) - I FC'd this very early on, but it took many, many hours of grinding. I have the only FC of this song on 360.
38. Stacked Actors - Slow song, but very picky and hard to decide what the verses want.
39. Whiplash - "Thrashing all around"
40. Hit the Lights - Very fast, some stupid phrases.
41. The Black River - Vocals are very quiet in this song. It's also odd, you kinda have to sing "bad" on purpose. It makes this FC a pretty tough one.
42. Wherever I May Roam - Wankery at the end makes this hard.
43. Am I Evil? - A pretty long song, and also somewhat odd vocally. If you know this, though, you probably could FC it much fast than I can...
44. Fight Fire With Fire - Not a hard song to pass, again, but the tiny phrases at the end makes this song a really hard FC. The only reason this isn't listed as harder is because BrianBAM19 has FC'd it.
45. Albatross - In my opinion the hardest song in the game. It will take an extreme amount of grinding.
46. Tuesday's Gone - End wankery from hell.
47. The Boys Are Back In Town - Not a hard song to pass by any means, but the little phrases make this a damn near impossible FC on 360
48. Stone Cold Crazy - Still not FCed (on 360). Extremely fast. I honestly don't think it's possible for me on the 360

Obviously these FC breakdowns are a matter of opinion, but imo as long as the top 5-10 easiest songs and top 5-10 hardest songs seem about right, I'll call it a good list. :P Decide what is "in the middle" is definitely the hard part!

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Tue May 26, 2009 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seek & Destroy and Sad But True THAT high? Those were the only songs I 5*'d on the demo, and I suck

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
Seek & Destroy and Sad But True THAT high? Those were the only songs I 5*'d on the demo, and I suck

I'll have to replay them, I may be inflating their difficulty in my mind, since I knew them beforehand and it took me a while to FC. :P

Remember, though, 5-starring and FCing are very different things. War Inside My Head is a piss easy 5*, but to FC it is

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they are mostly different, but I'm sure I could FC both if I got better on vocals (just need to play vocals more and get more used to the songs).

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't updated this in forever, so I've got quite a few. Dammit's rank has dropped considerably. It's hard to know where to rank this one since some people find it very easy, while others have a hard time. It's tricky to learn but very repetitive, so once you get it down I could see it being very easy, however doing so may not be so simple. At any rate, I moved to the 40s to try to compromise. Antisocial is now ranked as a little tougher; I didn't realize I had that too low until I saw how few submitted FCs it had. Purple Haze moved from the low 70s to the low 60s, I felt I had it ranked a little too difficult. Also moved Misery Business up a touch, felt like it belonged a little higher.

stubbscroll wrote:
I don't think BOYB is as hard as #73. The only hard phrases are the "la la la"s. The verses mostly consist of sections of two alternating pitches, and they aren't too bad to learn. Once learned, the verses aren't hard. Maybe around #50 is more appropriate.

I see your point. I myself can almost FC it. My only problem are the two "Into Obseletion" phrases. Moved it into the 50s.

stubbscroll wrote:
Also, Beat It at #82 is too high. Around #70-75 feels more correct (though personally I would move it to around 60, before Dammit which I found quite hard). Before the solo there's only one hard phrase, one of the last ones in verse 2. The "beat it, beat it"s are very calibration-sensitive, but not too bad with correct calibration. None of the outro phrases have very small hit boxes either, and sung one octave lower they aren't too bad.

I see what you're saying. #82 may be a little high, but it's not too far off. I find some of the phrases in the verses pretty tricky, with its small hit boxes and varying pitches on stuff like "They'll beat you then they'll kick you and they'll tell you its fair" and the like. I tried calibrating my lag for the "Beat it Beat it"s and either that helped or they just aren't as hard as I remembered, because I was able to hit most of them. However, I still think hitting them all would be really hard. And those outro phrases are still really difficult. The Hee Hee's and Oh Boys and the like may not have tiny hit boxes, but still have pitches that tend to go in unexpected places. At any rate, I moved it down to #76. I don't see much of a case for the songs under it being harder than it.

SneakingZonia wrote:
I also cannot see why Vicarious is so far down the list, that is by far the easiest of the tool songs for me. The part mentioned is really not difficult to learn if you try it.

The pitches, particularly in the verses, jump around quite a bit, which makes it a little tougher than a lot of other songs. I think the hardest parts are the "Why don't we just admit it" phrases after the second chorus and then the chorus after that is a little different from the other choruses. Still though, it's not quite in a league with the hardest songs in the game, so I moved it into the 60s. Although I still can't see how you find Schism harder than this.

Also, after some careful consideration, I have moved One Way or Another into the #83 spot. See my description for details.

And also Hailz, the list looks nice. I'll probably comment more on it when I get a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Home (Sanitarium) shouldn't be that low, because it's reaaally hard to figure out what it wants us to sing.

Master of Puppets is too high too, got it easily 3 or 4 times, without training. Down it to 15 or so.

No Excuses is maybe overstimated, but there you underestimated it, I'd put it around 25, like WH(S), cause it's hard to find the right pitch. Honestly I don't think I would have the FC now, if DogFoodNyc didn't do a vid of it. I thank him for that , and go check his vid it REALLY helps.

And NeM should be around 15 cause it's really slow, even if it's hard, I know.

Other than that, the songs are nicely ranked IMO, apart from what TheLonging said.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the sake of this feedback, lower = easier and higher = harder.

Welcome Home (Sanitarium) is fine where it is... pretty tough to hit some of the lower words (I actually have to move UP a whole freaking octave to hit them instead of going down in pitch), but the rest isn't too bad. You just have to know where it goes low and the rest becomes easy.
I think No Excuses is fine where it is too. Sure, it definitely is hard to find the right pitches, but once you do it's a matter of just knowing where to switch and not to choke. Once you can get the right pitches, it becomes easy.
Master of Puppets should definitely be lower... not much variation and although it's long a bit of practice will easily get you to an FC. I actually had more trouble with Enter Sandman (actually still do; haven't gotten around to an FC) than I did with Master of Puppets.
I'd actually move Creeping Death down into the Seek and Destroy area. SbT, Frantic, and NEM are all out of my reach but I got Creeping Death after a little chorus practice. I didn't particularly know the song well, either.
Whiplash needs to be way lower. No way it's harder than Stacked Actors, Mercyful Fate, Turn the Page and the like The verses don't jump around too much and the whole song is basically the same verse-chorus pattern.

Other than that, I generally agree with the GH:M breakdown based on my experiences with it. The thing about a vocals FC breakdown is that everyone has a different range, so it's the most subjective breakdown there is... you had trouble with S&D's bends and slides, but I didn't. I have lots of trouble with No Leaf Clover's range, but you didn't. Hell, Nothing Else Matters, on paper, is pretty easy, but it's just in the most uncomfortable range for my voice. It's hard, if not impossible, to accommodate everyone's abilities into a vocal breakdown, but I think the one you have is pretty close.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: