ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
World Tour Vox FC Breakdown *Aug. 29 DLC Added*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boss1592  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a few of my thoughts, i really dont think albatross is harder than FFWF. albatross is just memorisation, knowing what to sing for which phrase, FFWF, that outro takes so much precision to do, and you have to be able to get through all like 8 phrases in one breath, and its right at the end of a 5 minute song. it took me an hour of practicing just that outro to re-FC it, and god knows how long the 1st time i did it. but, songs like albatross are the kind of songs im good at, so it could just be me
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Thirdkoopa  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: World Tour Vox FC Breakdown *New Number 1 May 26* Reply with quote

First off; Thanks for this thread, It's really helped get some stuff out of the way in a more orderly fashion, however, a few comments on some of these songs.

Amanwithapencil wrote:

19. Band on the Run – not too fast

Uh, underrated a bit imho. The "WOOO" Part at the end got me choking a few times even with practice. This took longer than say, Sweet Home Alabama, or Aggro, speaking of which...

Quote:

21. Aggro – don’t remember much about this

...Not that hard, not even as hard as say Band on the Run...It's basically similar to Obstacle 1 and jumps around a bit faster/a bit faster...That's about it.

Quote:

42. Sweet Home Alabama – everyone knows this

Overrated. With a bit of practice It's easy. I don't even listen to this much and I got it in my first try of grinding most of this game. It doesn't jump around much and there's not many small parts, and the chorus is well...Extremely easy. After the third chorus, It's all talkies.

Quote:

50. Eye of the Tiger

Q:Why? I did not find this 50. At all.

Quote:

56. La Bamba – habla espanol?

Still easy. Just listening to it a bit is fine. Not really any small/hard verses here. I just found the chorus annoying. I'd say move this down a bit.

Quote:

60. Livin on a Prayer - requires a strong, consistent effort.

The chorus is pretty easy, with some practices the verses can go down. There's only one line in the last chorus that can trip you up. This really isn't number 60. I've FC'd 60 songs with this being one of them, and BY FAR One of the easier ones.

Quote:

61. Hail to the Freaks

...What was hard on this again? If you were a nub and got all the way up to here, this would be insanely easy.

Quote:

64. Vinternoll2

I heard this before knowing it better, but with some practice/listening, there isn't really any chokeable parts as far as I see/have played. Needs to be moved down a bit.
Quote:

68. Love Me Two Times – small hit boxes for most words, hard to get the pitch down. Very hard song in general

A little bit underrated, IMO, One of the best Vox FC's I've gotten yet (I'd personally place it above my Beat It one, but that's probably just me) I mean, this song has small hitboxes almost everywhere, quietness, generally hard to get down, and jumps around quite a bit. Even with listening to the doors a lot like myself, It was still a hard one to get down.

Quote:

69. Spiderwebs – Gwen Stefani. Have fun.

Many chokeworthy parts AND Small hitboxes...I'd say this is at least harder than misery buisness.

Quote:
73. One Armed Scissor

If you listen well enough and once again, practice, then this song aside from the "UN-KNOWN" Parts is a cakewalk. I would put it a bit lower, not too much tho, as It's harder than most songs on here still.

Quote:
76. Beat It - 54 phrases - Lots of tough stuff here - small hitboxes in the verses, wankery near the end, and tons of short *wups cut the rest off on accident

This is hard, but for some reason, I believe 76 is still overrating this a bit. I've never choked on the "Beat It, Beat It, Beat It" Part (Even when I was a nub at vox :<) And the choruses are honestly not that hard of hit boxes. The parts where there ARE Small hitboxes aren't like, per say, Misery Buisness or One Way Or Another. It's still dang hard.

Those are all of my opinions for now. Most of this I basically agree with. I'll be posting more as I do more FC's and do more of these songs again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, first a note to the Metallica posters: As I stated in the OP, I no longer plan on doing a GH:M breakdown. I'm not sure exactly why Hailz posted one in the middle of my thread, but unless she's updating it, (which I doubt) then there's nothing that can be done with any Metallica input you post in this thread. Unless there's enough demand for me to do one, or at the least copy Hailz's post into the OP and update it that way, then I'll consider it. Otherwise I guess it's best to keep discussion in here geared toward World Tour.

Now, ThirdKoopa, you've made a lot of interesting observations, which I'd like to comment on.

Thirdkoopa wrote:
First off; Thanks for this thread, It's really helped get some stuff out of the way in a more orderly fashion, however, a few comments on some of these songs.

Amanwithapencil wrote:

19. Band on the Run – not too fast

Uh, underrated a bit imho. The "WOOO" Part at the end got me choking a few times even with practice. This took longer than say, Sweet Home Alabama, or Aggro, speaking of which...

Yeah you're right. There's a few phrases there that messed me up. Moving it up.

ThirdKoopa wrote:
Quote:

21. Aggro – don’t remember much about this

...Not that hard, not even as hard as say Band on the Run...It's basically similar to Obstacle 1 and jumps around a bit faster/a bit faster...That's about it.

Yeah, I've already got this FC. Moving it down.

ThirdKoopa wrote:
Quote:

42. Sweet Home Alabama – everyone knows this

Overrated. With a bit of practice It's easy. I don't even listen to this much and I got it in my first try of grinding most of this game. It doesn't jump around much and there's not many small parts, and the chorus is well...Extremely easy. After the third chorus, It's all talkies.

That's actually not quite true, after the third chorus there actually are more pitch phrases, and IMO the hardest in the song. I actually lost an FC there. Still, I'll move it down a little bit.

ThirdKoopa wrote:
Quote:

50. Eye of the Tiger

Q:Why? I did not find this 50. At all.

There's all sorts of stuff. A myriad of pitch changes in the verses and even in the chorus that aren't exactly easy to emulate. There are some short phrases in there - risin up and face to face - and I even found myself a little short of breath at times that I'm pretty sure contributed to at least one miss.

ThirdKoopa wrote:
Quote:

56. La Bamba – habla espanol?

Still easy. Just listening to it a bit is fine. Not really any small/hard verses here. I just found the chorus annoying. I'd say move this down a bit.

Yeah you're right. I have a -1 on it.

ThirdKoopa wrote:
Quote:

60. Livin on a Prayer - requires a strong, consistent effort.

The chorus is pretty easy, with some practices the verses can go down. There's only one line in the last chorus that can trip you up. This really isn't number 60. I've FC'd 60 songs with this being one of them, and BY FAR One of the easier ones.

I've put a lot of time into this song, and I still don't have the FC. And I've FCed Schism, Parabola, and The Kill, among others. I guess it can go down a little.

ThirdKoopa wrote:
Quote:

61. Hail to the Freaks

...What was hard on this again? If you were a nub and got all the way up to here, this would be insanely easy.

For a long time, I used to think this song was pretty hard. It was one of my later 5 stars for sure. Then one day I noticed I could get a -3 or -4 on it and eventually got the FC. It has no business being anywhere near the 60s.

ThirdKoopa wrote:
Quote:

64. Vinternoll2

I heard this before knowing it better, but with some practice/listening, there isn't really any chokeable parts as far as I see/have played. Needs to be moved down a bit.

This wasn't that hard an FC for me either, the only thing is that it's Swedish, and that would probably deter a lot of new/newer players from attempting to get a good score on it right away. Still, once you actually attempt to learn the pitches it's not hard.

ThirdKoopa wrote:
Quote:

68. Love Me Two Times – small hit boxes for most words, hard to get the pitch down. Very hard song in general

A little bit underrated, IMO, One of the best Vox FC's I've gotten yet (I'd personally place it above my Beat It one, but that's probably just me) I mean, this song has small hitboxes almost everywhere, quietness, generally hard to get down, and jumps around quite a bit. Even with listening to the doors a lot like myself, It was still a hard one to get down.

Some of those lower pitched verse phrases are tough. I can see moving this up a couple.

ThirdKoopa wrote:
Quote:

69. Spiderwebs – Gwen Stefani. Have fun.

Many chokeworthy parts AND Small hitboxes...I'd say this is at least harder than misery buisness.

The main factor this song has is length and just having to be consistent. It's got 74 phrases - ridiculous. Still, there's no "real" hard part; just length. And harder than Misery Business? No way. That chorus is nearly impossible. Plus, MB has more small hitboxes than Spiderwebs, and they're much harder than Spiderwebs as well.

ThirdKoopa wrote:
Quote:
73. One Armed Scissor

If you listen well enough and once again, practice, then this song aside from the "UN-KNOWN" Parts is a cakewalk. I would put it a bit lower, not too much tho, as It's harder than most songs on here still.

I think Misery Business and Kick Out the Jams are the only songs under this that have a case for being harder.

ThirdKoopa wrote:
Quote:
76. Beat It - 54 phrases - Lots of tough stuff here - small hitboxes in the verses, wankery near the end, and tons of short *wups cut the rest off on accident

This is hard, but for some reason, I believe 76 is still overrating this a bit. I've never choked on the "Beat It, Beat It, Beat It" Part (Even when I was a nub at vox :<) And the choruses are honestly not that hard of hit boxes. The parts where there ARE Small hitboxes aren't like, per say, Misery Buisness or One Way Or Another. It's still dang hard.

You may have some good points, but I don't really see anything under it that's harder than it. Escula de Calor? Kick Out the Jams? Maybe. I'm not really sure. Until someone else chimes in on this, I'll probably leave this where it is.

Also noticed I had Parabola as the hardest Tool song, no way it's harder than Vicarious. Also realized Nuvole E Lenzuola needed to be moved up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that La Bamba, Eye of the Tiger, Heartbreaker, and Livin' on a Prayer are still rated a bit high. Granted I know the songs, but 3 out of 4 I FCed 2nd or 3rd try (Livin' on a Prayer I got -1 or -2) and I'm no master vocalist.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate you commenting on some, my replies (And replies to some more placements)
Quote:

That's actually not quite true, after the third chorus there actually are more pitch phrases, and IMO the hardest in the song. I actually lost an FC there. Still, I'll move it down a little bit.

Yeah, they're actually not hard to hit If you get the hang of it, a lot are long holds...I mean with this placement I was like "WTF WHY DIDN'T I CHOKE" Then I realize how easy this is. I don't really see much different in the third chorus. It's not as hard as some of the songs placed below it.

Quote:

There's all sorts of stuff. A myriad of pitch changes in the verses and even in the chorus that aren't exactly easy to emulate. There are some short phrases in there - risin up and face to face - and I even found myself a little short of breath at times that I'm pretty sure contributed to at least one miss.

Disagree. Sure they're hard but a lot are the same/similar pitches on the short phrases, so with practice they can easily be eliminated. There's nothing "omg wtf worthy" That makes it worth say, 40-50 Unlike other songs. It's pretty simple once you get it down (I use to think it was hard to) Think: Scream Aim Fire case

Of course, vocalists have there different weaknesses and strength's.

Quote:

I've put a lot of time into this song, and I still don't have the FC. And I've FCed Schism, Parabola, and The Kill, among others. I guess it can go down a little.

Uh, The Kill isn't that hard aside from the quiet parts, lol. But how the heck do you get 2/3 Tool FC's yet not Livin' On a Prayer? I found it not needing as much practice as a majority of the songs higher on the list. Sure, there's parts in the verses that trip you up, but they're not 60 worth. The chorus is pretty easy, and just the outro there's one chokeable verse?

Quote:

This wasn't that hard an FC for me either, the only thing is that it's Swedish, and that would probably deter a lot of new/newer players from attempting to get a good score on it right away. Still, once you actually attempt to learn the pitches it's not hard.

Well, of course. Some songs take listening to to get use to the pitches, but for pro vocalists they should know that (People who would actually get, say, 20 FC's or so on this list) I mean, It's pretty hard but It's not as hard as say, that Nuvole song or Escula De Color w/e (I don't care much for those two lol)

Quote:

Some of those lower pitched verse phrases are tough. I can see moving this up a couple.

A lot of this song is suprisingly tough/chokeable...Yeh, should be moved up a bit.

Quote:

The main factor this song has is length and just having to be consistent. It's got 74 phrases - ridiculous. Still, there's no "real" hard part; just length. And harder than Misery Business? No way. That chorus is nearly impossible. Plus, MB has more small hitboxes than Spiderwebs, and they're much harder than Spiderwebs as well.

Nearly impossible? Eh...You make a good point on why MB Is up higher, that should be moved to, but spiderwebs still opposes quite an odd challenge at some verses to choke on, along with others, tho, the song tends to repeat the chorus.

...I'd say both this and MB Should be tapped up a bit.

Quote:

You may have some good points, but I don't really see anything under it that's harder than it. Escula de Calor? Kick Out the Jams? Maybe. I'm not really sure. Until someone else chimes in on this, I'll probably leave this where it is.

Those two are harder than it. Kick Out the Jams has almost all the hard aspects that beat it does, aside from "LOLWTF OUTRO" I mean, 76th? 8th Hardest song in the game? Eh, seems more like 10. It's still hard, no doubt about that ._.

Quote:

34. Monsoon – 59 phrases - hardest parts are “hey” and “ooh” phrases

Slightly overrated, listening to the "HEY" And "OHH" Parts netted me the FC The first time I retried this.
Quote:

36. Hot For Teacher - 42 phrases

Move a bit down, only one phrase particularly hard. "OHOHOHOH"
Quote:

38. Weapon of Choice - 46 phrases

A bit overrated? I never choked on this when I started grinding, yet crazy train was choke-mania.

Quote:

50. Dammit - 26 phrases - Some people seem to find this really easy, while others have a tough time with it. So I ranked this one about midway.

While I understand why some people find this hard, 50? Rank 50? The main hard parts just need some practice and some getting use to switching pitch fast with the hitbox. It's only 26 phrases in 2 minutes, and It's pretty straightfoward once you get it down.

Def needs to be moved down some.
Quote:

53. Heartbreaker – 44 phrases - choruses are main sticking point

Straightforward song when I was grinding I got this
...Twice.
...In a row

Quote:
54. Love Removal Machine - 61 phrases

Maybe a bit higher? It's for sure harder than Go Your Own Way, and has some pretty odd verses.
Quote:

56. Go Your Own Way - 37 phrases

Straightfoward song is straightfoward...What was hard again? I love this song but there's nothing really hard that I noticed after playing it so much, and it doesn't move around much, and the hitboxes ARE Big on it.
Quote:

57. Hollywood Nights - 57 phrases

Understatement. The verses are easy but some of the choruses can be pretty annoying to hit. One required most of the pitchboxes that appears up a few times.
Quote:

60. The Kill – 43 phrases - low pitch verses can be tough

Straightfoward. Hell, you can even just sing the low pitch stuff If you practice it instead of having to whisper. The low pitch verses aren't as much of a problem as say, Our Truth, Hollywood Nights, etc.
Quote:

61. Float On - 36 phrases

Why is this here? It has some chokeable parts but 61 Is a tad bit high.
Quote:

62. Shiver - 51 phrases - could be hard if you can’t hit the high pitched stuff.

Pretty straight foward outside of the high parts, and considering you can get use to them...

Even with them being hard, practice mode is your friend. Being next to Purple Haze yet I'm not close to that...Eh...Yeah, move this down some.

Quote:

65. Antisocial - 52 phrases - verses are fairly easy, the tripping points are the choruses and the “an-ti-so-cials” at the end.

While It's in a different language, If you go to practice some, you can make this chokeable part a lot less chokeable. The chorus is pretty easy to. I don't see this as 65, especially considering I've found Purple Haze and Schism far harder in runs.
Quote:

67. Vicarious - 63 phrases - pitch moves around a lot in the verses, "why can't we just admit it" phrases take some effort to learn.

Below One Armed Scissor? There's quite a bit I could mention that makes this song hard. Let me just put it this way: A lot of this song is pretty annoying, from quite parts, to odd changing verses, to "Why can't we just admit it's" And a bit more.
Quote:

73. Kick Out the Jams – 38 phrases - see Purple Haze. Replace Hendrix with Wayne Kramer

As mentioned earlier: Has almost the chokeable things Beat It has, and more!

Quote:
74. Toy Boy – 63 phrases - dododododododododeedeedeedeedododododeedeedeedo

Aside from the verses and the "Doodoodeedee" (Which just took some practice) There isn't much that makes this "WTF" It's hard for sure, but moving down a bit? Especially with Kick Out The Jams one notch below. Those two at least need switching.

Quote:
75. Escula de Calor – 31 phrases - hardest foreign language song other than L’Via L’Viaquez

Harder than at least Beat It I'd say, but that's just me right now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for WT, i honestly dont think that OWOA is hardest, i would put it at 3rdbehind L'via in 1st and good god in second. i think demolition man should be 4th, maybe even 5th.

so...
1st. L'via
2nd. good god
3rd. OWOA
4th. never too late
5th. demolition man

the only reason i would rate never too late as harder than demolition man is that i cant stand the song, and grinding it was a bad experiance, to the point where i was tempted to try and FC it with the TV muted. in terms of skill though, NtL and demo man are about even i think. with OWOA, honestly i only found 2-3 phrases difficult, it just takes some practice mode time to find out what the game wants. good god on the other hand is a real range bender, low and high parts, each chorus is different, i would put this 1st if it wasnt such a short song. l'vias verses arent ridiculously hard, save 1 or 2 phrases, and the bridge is managable. obviously the outro "mmm"s are very daunting, hard to learn and hard to execute, but the hard thing is hitting it all in one run. good god and l'via imo are the only songs that have hard phrases the whole way through, pretty much all the other songs have a few tricky phrases here and there, but good god and l'via are consistantly difficult, hence why iv put them at the top of the list. OWOA has imo the single hardest phrase in the game "im gonna trick ya, il trick ya", in addition to a few other missable ones, which is why its at 3rd.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the necro, just thought I'd give my 2 cents. I agree in keeping Misery Business below Spiderwebs, but I think the former should be far away from the latter.

I FC Spiderwebs ON DEMAND, while I'm far from FCing Misery (although I fucking hate this stupid song ). And, as my right banner indicates...

The Paramore song, unlike the No Doubt song, has rare chances to breathe especially on the verses, much more small hitboxes, the choruses are a real pain and the variations towards the end are really awkward. Spiderwebs is just long, and its variations aren't hard to execute. Hell, I can get GREENs on that "Oooh". But again, it's just me

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to note, Electro Rock isn't all talkies, it's mostly talkies but the verses are charted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: