ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New DLC - The Eagles, Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know you're right?.. AWESOME!
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaosKontrol wrote:
Looks like Wii will get everything this time ;D
I was just checking for that. Having no JH on it was a big dissapointment. Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins just made up for it. Plus more Free DLC? F-ing Win! \m/ They've already given us the coolest DLC for free at launch and now more makes me forgive VV/Neversoft for the GH3 DLC mishap(As you could call it)
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corkscrewblow wrote:
MORE EASY SONGS. JUST WHAT WE NEED. holy fail @ NS on GH:WT.

haven't even touched WT since i got RB2 and i won't be for a while thanks to this terrible DLC. RB gets Bodom/Yngwie/LoG and GH gets easy garbage. gj gj

MORE CONSUMERS WHO ONLY CARE ABOUT XTREME DIFFICULTY IN THEIR GH/RB SELECTION. JUST WHAT WE NEED.

Seriously, no one gives a fuck about the music sounding good. The only way to not fail as a developer is to release really difficult tracks without any consideration for musical enjoyment!

Plus look at Rock Band's DLC for this week and next:

-We got Tempted by Squeeze, a finger blistering track that is heavily dependant on overdrive just in order to pass!
-Tokio Hotel, whose blazing guitar solos will set your fretboard on fire!
-And Naked Brothers Band, whose outrageous blast beats, coupled with chugging riffs, multiple blazing solos, and vocal falsettos that only animals can hear will keep you entertained for months!

Next week we even get No Doubt, which is soon to be a collection of the hardest songs released for RB thus far!

Last edited by SeaMoney on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:09 pm; edited 5 times in total
REVERENC3  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
Looks like no Steve Ouimette holiday song this year

Aw shucks, I guess I will have to have fun with what I'm getting Mr. Green

I saw Steve Ouimette himself say that his new spin on Hark the Herald Angels Sing was considered but couldn't be added in because they didn't have enough resources and he submitted it too late.
I believe the comment is on the Youtube video of the song.
xxtimetokillxx  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Know You're Right as dlc.

Neversoft wins.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: XxTimetoKillxX PSN Name: XxTimetokillxX
1ofakind  

Location: San Jose, CA (More specificly, Scotts Valley but their close enough together.)

Will Neversoft release Steve Ouimette's version of Hark! The Herald Angels Sing in the near future? (Please say yes!)

And it looks like I need to go get a lot more wii points soon this is an awesome selection of music!

Last edited by 1ofakind on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pengwyns  

SeaMoney wrote:
corkscrewblow wrote:

haven't even touched WT since i got RB2 and i won't be for a while thanks to this terrible DLC. RB gets Bodom/Yngwie/LoG and GH gets easy garbage. gj gj

MORE CONSUMERS WHO ONLY CARE ABOUT XTREME DIFFICULTY IN THEIR GH/RB SELECTION. JUST WHAT WE NEED.

I think corkscrew's point is completely valid.

I don't think it is in any way unreasonable to expect more difficult guitar songs from DLC in a game called Guitar Hero. Since GHWT's release the DLC guitar difficulty has been pedestrian at best. Remember for a lot of people easy songs do not equal fun songs.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Pengwyns PSN Name: Pengwyns
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pengwyns wrote:
SeaMoney wrote:
corkscrewblow wrote:

I don't think it is in any way unreasonable to expect more difficult guitar songs from DLC in a game called Guitar Hero. Since GHWT's release the DLC guitar difficulty has been pedestrian at best. Remember for a lot of people easy songs do not equal fun songs.

Don't get me wrong, I completely honor the opinions of those who play the game for difficulty alone. But to say the developer is a failure because they are not strictly catering to the interests of people who want difficult songs, well that's just completely unfair.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these songs, but why is there no smells like teen spirit

Rice is great when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 184798243679
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildx213 wrote:
I love these songs, but why is there no smells like teen spirit

Probably the same reason why it didn't show up in the Nirvana pack for Rock Band.

Or 'cause Neversoft felt these 3 songs were better choices.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CyberRaiza"]
is any song on RB even close to the caliber of TTFAF? no, Green Grass and High Tides is the hardest song in Rock Band (disc at least) and that's as hard as the stuff in the 6th tier of GH3.
[quote]

I do not want to start a flame-war, but GGaHT took longer to FC than TTFAF, in fact I'm not sure it has even been FCed yet. Also, if we're including DLC, go play Constant Motion and tell me anything in a Guitar Hero game ever has been that hard.

With that out of the way, GREAT selection, although I'm not than fond of Nirvana, I'll check it out! lets also hope for a new xmas song.
SlimTrashman  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pumpkins! 1979! Yes! Been waiting for this one
Npeaen  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met the expendables once at some photo shoot thingy. They're a Santa Cruz, CA based band, I stopped paying attention to them long ago, everyone at my high school fucking adored these guys though.

They used to do kinda cool surfy music but I think it's fallen more into punk since I liked them. Sarcrifice is a decent mix of the two.

but I can't download this, now whenever I'm playing plastic guitar with friends this is all they'll want to play.

Localization Manager- MediaLocate
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Npeaen PSN Name: Npeaen
corkscrewblow  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaMoney wrote:
Pengwyns wrote:
SeaMoney wrote:
corkscrewblow wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I completely honor the opinions of those who play the game for difficulty alone. But to say the developer is a failure because they are not strictly catering to the interests of people who want difficult songs, well that's just completely unfair.

the developer releases all easy songs on a game minus a few (Satch Boogie, HfT, thats about it...) and for DLC they release more easy songs? that makes perfect sense. oh wait...

i don't care if they release easy songs, you're all missing my point. but ALL they have been releasing is easy mainstream crap. where's the good challenging DLC? (Bury the Hatchet/Detonation GH2, DragonForce GH3, etc..

seriously do you guys find it fun to PAY for songs that you will more than likely sightread FC? sounds like the whole GH:WT setlist to me.
ScaryMusic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly Stoopid is SO amazing! Excellent choice. If I had WT, I'd be picking up Jimi, YKYR, and the Smashing Pumpkins up right away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: