SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
JG's Thread: Holy Wars FC #85/611
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
I was gonna make a pun using "hear about it later" with the fact that I never commented on your Ice Cream Man FC, but I see you already made one in your update. XD You really got me there!

Nice try, but I'm the One who makes the puns, okay?
I did see some of your Eruption scores which reminded me that I needed to play GHVH again. Also, I was thinking about it during my last stream since I had basically skimmed through every game a bit to see what FCs I could get.

And thanks! We'll see about 44... That might be pushing it a little. Hopefully I can get the easier ones out of the way, and get lucky on some of the more difficult ones.

Sci- Ah, that was it! I kind of remembered it, but was trying (31)2(31)(31)2(3) instead. This way seems a bit easier. Your methods have certainly proven effective before, so hopefully this works too!
The solo is the hard part you say? , I guess I should start practicing that..

Haha, I'm glad you liked it. I suppose making good puns is as good as any way to motivate me for more FCs

Also, in case any one was wondering, I've been slowly working on GH5 Medium guitar just for kicks. During my last stream, I was all "meh I suck" and Arvain was like "well, you could try doing a lower difficulty, it always helps me reduce GH stress". So I figured I'd give it a shot, and decided to pick a game that I haven't ever done much reduxing or pathing on. Heck, I'd say a good half the game I'd only played once or twice or until I FCed.

Anyways, I'm not putting TOO much worry into this, but I'm trying to get at most 1000 or so from first on a majority of songs, or at the least staying in the top 10 for every song. As I get closer to completing the game I'll see if I wanna try for a certain place (Top 5 maybe?). I'm still having trouble with songs with a lot of whammy (Never Miss A Beat :resent) as well as hopo/slider front ends, and back ends in general.

EDIT: I made this spreadsheet to keep track of my progress and to see where to make reduxes if need be.

EDIT 2:
8-15 - I was fooling around with this song on Monday after doing some Medium squeezing. I finally learned that I only need to tap the first BO part of the trill and then I can one hand the rest. There were a couple of spots that I could miss outside of the trill (sliders, strumming, one quick bit in second guitar solo), and I had a few trill FC runs with misses afterward. On my second run today, I missed like 4-5 times outside of the trill xD. Luckily the next run I managed to hit the trill and then not choke afterward.

Also, American Girl is still a bitch , hopefully she goes down eventually.

Last edited by JohnnyGrey on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BonkFace
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah. I was gonna ninja-bump your thread only to find that you've already changed your thread title to the appropriate new pun. Delicious. Nice NOTDOing sir!

And yes, make that American Girl go down on you already.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyo, I'm glad to see that choking that song is something you did NOTDO. And I'm with psx on this, go nail that American Girl now. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do You Feel Like We Do? Because we all feel pretty excited for you to reach 82 FCs, and proud that you've FC'd NOTDO.

It is so good to see you finishing up games like this, there have been so many FCs possible for you for so long, and to see you finally start mopping them up is a very satisfying feeling. I forget what number you were going for (540 not including ps2 games?) but I get the feeling you will reach that number fairly quickly
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
KramRal  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of a cool pun so.... C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER. Ill just buy you some ice cream from the Ice Cream Man to make up for it. I mentioned this in my thread about how i was dumb and lazy and never congratulated you on your awesome FC's cause well i suck and am a noob. Also you're hilarious for always saying you won't FC anything then like a week later you have 10 ridiculous new FC's. You are quite bonkin' awesome johnny :P keep it up man.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your puns are just as great as your note-hitting abilities. That's meant to be a compliment. :p I always get a lol from your thread.

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSX- HA! For once I am the ninjaer instead of the ninjaee! . Also thanks! Eventually I'll smooth talk her into going down, but for now I'm a bit busy RBing.

Mr. Sci - It was most awesome!

Alex- OH GOD! I played the outro parts of DYFLWD the other day, and I am NOT looking forward to FCing that :P. I'm sure it won't be so bad, but I'm going to delay it as much as possible.
And thanks, it is nice to get closer and closer to "finishing" games, however it usually ends with me having higher loftier goals and never having the skillz to get them :P.
Oh and I changed it from 540 to 535 since the original reason I was doing it was to be a separate goal from 600. However, if I got 540, I'd only be 2 FCs from 600, so it would actually be harder to get 540 than 600 xD. (Assuming I could get at least two songs in GH1/80s :P)

Mark- I had a bad habit of giving up too easily on songs as well as not bothering FCing songs I easily could. Unfortunately, the amount of songs I can do this with are decreasing with every new FC. Pretty soon the only FCs I'll be able to get will truly be "bonkin' awesome".

Fug - You still exist! I'm glad my puns are up to speed with my GH skillz :P.

After a nice post-stream chat with Alex, I decided that I should definitely get around to getting respectable scores in the post GHA games. Seeing that I had SEVEN scores in the 1xxx ranks in GHWT, I figured that would be my first place to start. Today, I reduxed 21 songs and gave BYOB and SAF an actual run with a path (beating my first few run scores from 2008 xD), and ended up increasing my score by roughly 510k.

Right now I'm in 20th place on Bushi's leaderboard and I want to move up :P. I figure if I bust my booty this week, I can try to shoot for 221 million (about 1.5 million away), or at least get 18th place and pass Marbler (about 1 million away). Basically I've just been going from worst rank and moving up, which has been working pretty well. However, considering I'm leaving for school on Sunday, I might start just hunting for songs with more available points, just to rack up my total score.
For example, I got 100k just from playing SAF and BYOB once, even though BYOB was a pretty lousy run.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you're making progress on your goal! It's going a lot faster than I expected, actually. But then again I didn't realize how bad your WT scores really were. 500k from 21 songs? Jeezus. XD If you can continue this pace for the next few days, I see no reason why you won't get 221 million/pass marbler/whatever other goal you can think of :p

How much would you say is left in WT for you, easy points-wise? Or are you going to switch games now? Either way it's exciting to see you working on improving your rank on bushi's board, and I'm all too glad to have inspired you ;D
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo, thumbs-up, dawg. Work dem scores (and dem FCs. Gogo Gh5 FGFC?)

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
But then again I didn't realize how bad your WT scores really were. 500k from 21 songs?

Some of these scores were from Nov. 2008... Aka, when I probably had less than 120/211 FCs xD.
alexhaz64 wrote:
How much would you say is left in WT for you, easy points-wise? Or are you going to switch games now?

I'm still roughly 1.2 million away from the top scores in WT, so I'd say there's at least a good 6-700k I could get with some work. Half of that could still be done in easy reduxes, but I started just going for songs netting me 20k or more (unless they're really long/annoying pathwise).

And yeah, yesterday I started going after WoR scores. I didn't do any reduxing per se, but I did some work on my scores for the harder songs. Nearly 100k from both CMTB (lol) and Chemical Warfare, 55k on sudden death and mid 30s for 2 others. I need to figure out a good path for BWoLP because I swear I do much better/worse on consecutive runs but use different paths and end up with similar scores. And I played TDWF 3 or 4 times and was comboing the riff decently, but I'm still 100k+ away from the top score. Couldn't (or else it wasn't worth while) even beat my old score.

I did some browsing and I think I have a lot more easy points in SmasHits and M than GH5, so I'll do those next. Roughly 850k left for my goal

voidedalive2x wrote:
Yo, thumbs-up, dawg. Work dem scores (and dem FCs. Gogo Gh5 FGFC?)

Thanks . I don't really see myself getting 21st or DWEDFN, but I could certainly see getting everything else sometime. Who knows, maybe one day I'll have a breakthrough and grind the hell out of it for a FGFC.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Who knows, maybe one day I'll have a breakthrough and grind the hell out of it for a FGFC.

Ain't dat wut always happenz?

Anyways, nice job with the recent accomplishments!
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm heading off for school tomorrow, so I end my score cleanup project of the past week with a gain of 1.61 million points, putting me just ahead of Marbler on Bushi's leaderboard. I lowered my average "points left per song" from 17.3k to 15k, so that's pretty good.
There is still much work to be done (I barely scratched the surface on GHM), but it was a good start. I didn't even do any FC reduxes on WoR or GHM yet :P, and even SH and WT were heavier on doing better on hard songs. The squeezing I did do though, wasn't too bad. Although the only really decent score I got was on Float On which is top 10 and I got first try !
I'll still play on the occasional weekend I come home, and I think then I'll just start taking things one game at a time. It'll probably be easier on me by not switching engines every day, as well as will give me deeper fulfillment as I get closer to "completing" a game. I'll probably start with WT since 60% of my work was done on that game, but I still have plenty of good songs to redux. Maybe I'll go for a few more FCs as well as 30 mil overall (Or at least pass psx, I mean really )

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
JohnnyGrey wrote:
Who knows, maybe one day I'll have a breakthrough and grind the hell out of it for a FGFC.

Ain't dat wut always happenz?

Anyways, nice job with the recent accomplishments!

Thanks. And in reference to me, the only "dat which always happens" is me saying "maybe one day I'll do X" (and then as of yet most likely still haven't done ). For example, when you look at some of my scores from years ago and see a "-1 grr, FC SOON!!" comment :P.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swag

Guitar Hero Expert FCs?
GH1-26 ~ GH2-2 2 ~ GH80s-18 ~ GH3-\(0_o)/
The amazing customs songs I've made and charted...
youtube.com/w1mz11
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 million is a fantastic landmark to go for, and one that I know you can certainly achieve. Hope you had a great birthday (I remembered ;) ) and that school is going well. Can't wait to see your next accomplishment whenever you happen to come home again
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck on getting 30 Million!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 56 of 69

Jump to: