ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SlowHero Charts Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tma  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCARaven4 wrote:
thank you tma for doing this!! This is a great project, I can't wait 'til all the combination charts are done. I'm sure a lot of other people are gonna do some of the the pathing...I'm gonna try to get some together for guitar/bass, and when I do i'll send them to you for the site.

Cool, although I'd recommend using the Wiki instead for posting paths and such.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
CCARaven4  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
CCARaven4 wrote:
thank you tma for doing this!! This is a great project, I can't wait 'til all the combination charts are done. I'm sure a lot of other people are gonna do some of the the pathing...I'm gonna try to get some together for guitar/bass, and when I do i'll send them to you for the site.

Cool, although I'd recommend using the Wiki instead for posting paths and such.

Ok, sounds good, I'll use the Wiki.

Georgia Tech Class of 2014!
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
RaSZi wrote:
First of all, slowhero is awesome, I use it all the time, so thanks.

Appreciation is always ... appreciated.

RaSZi wrote:
And:

Any idea when the guitar paths will be up for WT?

Tough question. I'm leaning towards never at the moment, but if I do end up doing the generated paths, it won't be for another 6 months at least. I have another project planned which might get around this and give pathers an easy way to generate their own paths, but more on that when I've developed it further.

cant wait for this !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread seems to be geared toward GHWT, but I thought I'd mention that there's an issue in Back in the Saddle on GH:A Easy that places a star power phrase on a note that really isn't one. It's right at the beginning of m90. The note itself isn't a star like the others, but there is a green area surrounding it... I don't know anything about midi files but it looks like a star power event was placed there when the note really isn't an SP phrase. This throws off the whole chart, so... yeah.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
tma  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I know this thread seems to be geared toward GHWT, but I thought I'd mention that there's an issue in Back in the Saddle on GH:A Easy that places a star power phrase on a note that really isn't one. It's right at the beginning of m90. The note itself isn't a star like the others, but there is a green area surrounding it... I don't know anything about midi files but it looks like a star power event was placed there when the note really isn't an SP phrase. This throws off the whole chart, so... yeah.

That's a odd one. I've run that chart again with the new SP phrase code and it has cleaned up that phrase, so it looks like a glitch caused by the old method.

I'll re-run the Aerosmith set now and see how it turns out.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
tma  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

That's a odd one. I've run that chart again with the new SP phrase code and it has cleaned up that phrase, so it looks like a glitch caused by the old method.

Damn; the phrase re-appeared on the optimised versions, even though it was missing on the blank chart. I'll need to do some further analysis.

t
davehx  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: GHWT charts error Reply with quote

Hey tma

I PMed you this, then noticed this thread so i thought i would put it here too

Quote:
Hey tma

First off excellent job on creating and hosting these charts. I have found a problem though. It is to do with the new style notes in GHWT, the ones like this

| |
| |
| |
| |
| R
|
|
G

If you play Some Might Say on expert guitar up to and including the red note at the end of the section just like the one above (end of the 6th measure), the score you have is 2145, not the 2519 shown in the chart at slowhero. If you hit that sustain hitting both notes (under no multiplier), you get exactly 300 points. If you hit the green on its own, then try again and hit just the red (again under no multiplier) and add their scores together, it comes out to more than 300. I believe this is where the mistake occurs, that even though they are counted as two notes, the time they are held together only accumulates points as a chord does (ie. a one measure long sustain is worth the same points regardless of whether it is a note/chord/trichord)

Don't mean to be picky, but i thought you would appreciate knowing

If my explanation isnt clear, please PM me back

davehx
demolition23  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there plans to fill in the Top Score Snapshot section and colour-code the sections, as with BradleyZoo? I would love to see this feature and would help collect the data for the songs.
ortiz1193  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: GHWT charts error Reply with quote

davehx wrote:
Hey tma

I PMed you this, then noticed this thread so i thought i would put it here too

This is a well-known problem with the extended sustain. They're counted as a completely different sustain when they aren't. I think it might've been mentioned on the first page of this thread, or in the other one. Anyway, it makes estimated scores wrong, and you have to manual go back and fix them.

Edit: From Page 1

tma wrote:
weee911 wrote:
Will extended sustain scores be addressed? I know in Vinternoll2 hard chart it was Counting double when the second sustain hold was present, I just recalculated by hand which was painful.

Absolutely. It's a known issue which I haven't had a chance to investigate yet - I figured getting the blank charts out first, even if a little incorrect, was better than delaying to fix minor issues such as this.

I plan to put known issues like this on the Wiki page I'm setting up.

tma  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demolition23 wrote:
Are there plans to fill in the Top Score Snapshot section and colour-code the sections, as with BradleyZoo? I would love to see this feature and would help collect the data for the songs.

No immediate plans, but yes; once I settle on a layout for SlowHero I would like to get this updating automatically once per day. As I sort of track the high scores already via the StatHero project, I can hopefully link these two together via a database.
codemann8  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know why some songs your SP calculations are right on but then songs with SP on extended sustains are off, even if there are no "sub"-sustains, just the one parent sustain. I could give you an example if you want. I remember The Middle was one of them. Its funny because the points were right on, just the SP was off.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
tma  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
Do you know why some songs your SP calculations are right on but then songs with SP on extended sustains are off, even if there are no "sub"-sustains, just the one parent sustain. I could give you an example if you want. I remember The Middle was one of them. Its funny because the points were right on, just the SP was off.

Examples would be good. I suspect it's just the SP value being off (I haven't tweaked it at all from GH3), and this is amplified on longer sustains...
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
tma wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Damn; the phrase re-appeared on the optimised versions, even though it was missing on the blank chart. I'll need to do some further analysis.

t

I think I found the problem.

Notice in the blank chart, measure 91 has this odd green box right at the start that seems to encompass the very last bit of the yellow sustain that it used to cover. Perhaps that's the problem?

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
tma  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola. Just an non-update. I haven't done any work on the charts for about a month now, and am really struggling to find the inspiration to do so.

I am struggling to find a reason to continue work on these charts particularly as I don't play GH:WT at all (I hate it, RB is much more fun IMO), and there's no official support from ScoreHero itself for the charts. This means any work I do is effectively invisible, and people all over the place link to the charts but don't even know I did any work on them at all, even within the ScoreHero forums themselves. It's just beginning to feel like a waste of time, and I'm not really getting much out of it for myself any more. I don't know what to do.

(Meh, there's my moment of angst for the week).
BtownSH  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
btownsoccerstud wrote:
Tma just to let you know the Bass charts you gave us are awesome but just to be a nitpick they are arranged in I guess the order the Guitar Tiers are ordered in, their not in the bass tiers. It really is no big deal but I figured I would point it out to you.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it when I get the chance.
tma I don't want to come across as annoying or anything but I figured I would remind you about this Bass tiers being wrong since it was over a month ago I posted about it. Don't feel rushed to change it I just wanted to bring it to your attention again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: