ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SlowHero Charts Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tma  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BtownSH wrote:
tma wrote:
btownsoccerstud wrote:
Tma just to let you know the Bass charts you gave us are awesome but just to be a nitpick they are arranged in I guess the order the Guitar Tiers are ordered in, their not in the bass tiers. It really is no big deal but I figured I would point it out to you.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it when I get the chance.
tma I don't want to come across as annoying or anything but I figured I would remind you about this Bass tiers being wrong since it was over a month ago I posted about it. Don't feel rushed to change it I just wanted to bring it to your attention again.

Yeah, I know. I guess you didn't read the message immediately before yours.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
codemann8  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
Hola. Just an non-update. I haven't done any work on the charts for about a month now, and am really struggling to find the inspiration to do so.

I am struggling to find a reason to continue work on these charts particularly as I don't play GH:WT at all (I hate it, RB is much more fun IMO), and there's no official support from ScoreHero itself for the charts. This means any work I do is effectively invisible, and people all over the place link to the charts but don't even know I did any work on them at all, even within the ScoreHero forums themselves. It's just beginning to feel like a waste of time, and I'm not really getting much out of it for myself any more. I don't know what to do.

(Meh, there's my moment of angst for the week).

Well, tma, I for one appreciate what you do, I've seen what crazy stuff are in those qb files. For you to figure out charts out of those binary files is amazing. Although, I didn't have the tools or knowledge of those files from previous games like you did, it still is appreciated. If you do stop doing what you do, it will be a sad day, but I'd be willing to take over if you can't find the ambition to continue on.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Codemann; you do a lot of crazy stuff (I could never even begin to understand how you've done all this), and people don't tell you often enough how much they appreciate your work. I don't really know if anything I say would affect your final decision but it really would be sad to see you leave this project.

And hey, if you're worried about people linking your stuff around without giving you due credit, do like ajanata does on his RB charts and put your URL and name at the bottom of the charts. :P
wa7sheh  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnx dude
codemann8  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and btw...lol...the drum charts are a little different. Instead of the green being on the left, its suppose to be on the right. I noticed this when doing my project.

guitar=
G
R
Y
B
O

drums=
R
Y
B
O
G

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
tma  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
oh and btw...lol...the drum charts are a little different. Instead of the green being on the left, its suppose to be on the right. I noticed this when doing my project.

guitar=
G
R
Y
B
O

drums=
R
Y
B
O
G

I know, it was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Which is interesting, because over the last couple of days I've modified the code to support note order changes, and have actually just regenerated the drum charts. They are uploading now.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
tma  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of dropping the tier listing and just listing the songs in alphabetical order. Any objections? Adding tier support for different instruments will require a fair bit of screwing around with the code, and I can't see it actually being that important.
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
I'm thinking of dropping the tier listing and just listing the songs in alphabetical order. Any objections? Adding tier support for different instruments will require a fair bit of screwing around with the code, and I can't see it actually being that important.
That'd probably make it easier, personally.
codemann8  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:

If you have a database table storing each song, just add a column for each instrument called sortGuitar, sortBass... and the sort numbers will correspond to their order in the tiers, that way you can add ORDER BY sortInstrument when you grab the data.

ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
codemann8 wrote:

guitar=
G
R
Y
B
O

drums=
R
Y
B
O
G

I know, it was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Which is interesting, because over the last couple of days I've modified the code to support note order changes, and have actually just regenerated the drum charts. They are uploading now.

Thank you very much for the fixed Drum charts, but now the SP's aren't hilghlighted. They look very nice though!
tma  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
tma wrote:

If you have a database table storing each song, just add a column for each instrument called sortGuitar, sortBass... and the sort numbers will correspond to their order in the tiers, that way you can add ORDER BY sortInstrument when you grab the data.

The spopt code doesn't refer to a database, it's all hardcoded into one of the libraries - thus, it will be a fair bit of work to fix it. The Stathero project uses a database to store this information and would handle the different tiers without issue, I could possibly leverage this, but it's a bit out of scope for my limited attention span for this project at the moment.

t
tma  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: drum charts note order

ThirstyMonkey wrote:
tma wrote:

Thank you very much for the fixed Drum charts, but now the SP's aren't hilghlighted. They look very nice though!

Blast! I missed that. Will fix.

Edit: I know what happened - I generated the images on my home server instead of my laptop, and there are differences in the version of ImageMagick, which doesn't deal with the transparencies the same way. *sigh*

This should be sorted in an hour or two.
tma  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drum charts now have highlighted star power sections again. Turned out to be the difference between ImageMagick compiled with 16-bit support, or ImageMagick compiled with 8-bit support. The code now detects and supports either.
ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
The drum charts now have highlighted star power sections again. Turned out to be the difference between ImageMagick compiled with 16-bit support, or ImageMagick compiled with 8-bit support. The code now detects and supports either.

Thank you!
pman5595  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm going to use this post to point out a small bug and to thank our savior, the great- TMA!

Thanks first.

tma, I just wanted you to realize, YOU are the one that keeps scorehero going. If it wasn't for you, there would be no real competitive scoring. You increase everybody's level of skill. Because of what you do, you boost everybody's confidence when they get a good score. You make them get better so they can try that optimal path. You keep the competitive spirit at scorehero going. I want to thank you for everything you do. *bows down*

Small bug:

on the drums blank charts every note is currently counted as 50 points base. I believe some notes (bass and orange I think) are worth 60 points base. this doesn't affect me a lot, since I'm usually don't make paths for drums, but to drum path makers, this would help.

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: