ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So GH:M Death Magnetic DLC...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gomer06  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: So GH:M Death Magnetic DLC... Reply with quote

Does the game already include the songs on disc and just check the hard drive for the content? Expert + is available on all DM songs, and I don't think those charts would be included with the download that I purchased for GH3. So is this basically now just an 800 MB key?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Jevilesus PSN Name: Jevilesus
nitemare  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am also curious to see if the already downloaded DM DLC has Expert + incorporated in it....can anyone confirm or deny this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: immortalkz
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the DM DLC is certainly not on-disc
the expert+ maybe was on-disc to match the DLC.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of them do, IIRC, but not all of them. There's probably content on the disk that patches the DLC files to incorporate X+
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: z1ppy0
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how that worked out. Metallica has been in the process of being made for about a year. Around that time Metallica decided to put Death Magnetic on GH3 (See that decision was way before September). When creating GH:Metallica they came up with the idea for Expert+ and then put it in the DLC.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
4512jth  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my explorations, the notecharts for Expert + on the DM DLC is on disc, but the audio is not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Hertz4512
PohatuJr  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Magnetic is DLC for $20. The only song in GH:M is All Nightmare Long. The Death Magnetic DLC works on GH3, GH:WT, and GH:Metallica.
Why aren't you? lol

Proud Drummer of Stillborn Fury
4512jth  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PohatuJr wrote:
Death Magnetic is DLC for $20. The only song in GH:M is All Nightmare Long. The Death Magnetic DLC works on GH3, GH:WT, and GH:Metallica.

Yes, but the DM DLC charts did not include Expert + originally, they actually added those charts to the disc. DM is not available on disc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Hertz4512
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line, it's not a key. The money gets you Death Magnetic for GHIII and GH World Tour. Even if the content was on the Metallica disc, you're still getting files to be used in GHIII and GHWT.

Based on the findings of people who have looked through the files on the GH Metallica disc, it would appear that there is only chart information (Expert + Drums), and not the audio files. Therefore, not matter how you look at it, you'd still need the files from the DLC in order to properly play Death Magnetic in GH Metallica.
nitemare  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i understand what is going on...but i just want to make sure i know 100% what you guys are talking about before i buy it....

...ok. DM is DLC (duh) i already knew it works on GH3, WT, and GHM

the whole thing im really concerned with is if it has expert plus...so what you guys are saying, WT (since it doesnt incorporate X+) will NOT have any expert + charts on drums....however, when playing the DLC off the disc of GH:M they WILL be expert +....

...so yes, if i play the DLC on GH:M i WILL get X+

is this correct?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: immortalkz
MaddogMonty  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitemare wrote:
i understand what is going on...but i just want to make sure i know 100% what you guys are talking about before i buy it....

...ok. DM is DLC (duh) i already knew it works on GH3, WT, and GHM

the whole thing im really concerned with is if it has expert plus...so what you guys are saying, WT (since it doesnt incorporate X+) will NOT have any expert + charts on drums....however, when playing the DLC off the disc of GH:M they WILL be expert +....

...so yes, if i play the DLC on GH:M i WILL get X+

is this correct?

Yes it is.
RadioDuke  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason the file was so big is because it included the GH3 versions of the files, the World Tour/Metallica versions of the files, the Expert + for drums AND the motion capture information for the band.

If you are on Scorehero, put this in your sig. Let's see how many people on ScoreHero are on Scorehero!
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RadioDuke wrote:
I think the reason the file was so big is because it included the GH3 versions of the files,

Yes.

RadioDuke wrote:
the World Tour/Metallica versions of the files,

Yes, the Guitar/Bass/Drum/Vocal Charts.

RadioDuke wrote:
the Expert + for drums

Nope, those were included in GH:M, only available when you have the DLC.

RadioDuke wrote:
AND the motion capture information for the band.

...Sort of. There's Mo-Cap information for every DLC. This one had GHIII and GH:WT. However, if there's any special Metallica animations, such as Rob's spinnny thing or whatever, then that's all on the GH:M disc.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they said that Lars and James both did mocap for ALL of the Metallica songs. I'm just wondering if that includes DM material.

If you are on Scorehero, put this in your sig. Let's see how many people on ScoreHero are on Scorehero!
GRYBOPandRYBOGP  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert+ is enabled for all DM songs except The Unforgiven III.
The way you spelled Metallica reminds me of the way Lynyrd Skynyrd was spelled on the cover of GH:M originally.. >_>
ohh noes! typing error, someone call the police!!
Me - "Hello, 911. I'm calling on the behalf of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Neversoft has failed to spell the name correctly on the game, Guitar Hero: Metallica. This will effect their image and possibly reduce sales for the band. I suggest suing the company."
Police - "Who the fuck do you think you are? WMG? Get off our line."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: