ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
European DLC announcement
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulRobinson  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: European DLC announcement Reply with quote

Press Release

Guitar Hero(R) World Tour Expands Global Music Library With Downloadable Songs From Europe's Hottest Bands
Thursday December 11, 8:30 am ET

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Increasing its library of local music from around the world this month, Activision Publishing, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI - News) Guitar Hero® World Tour - which features on-disc songs from top global acts such as Tokio Hotel, Hushpuppies and Radio Futura - is offering new three-song Track Packs of downloadable content from popular European bands including Germany's Sportfreunde Stiller, France's BB Brunes and Spain's Fito Y Fitipaldis.

ADVERTISEMENT
Following their home country's disappointing 2006 World Cup elimination, German rock band Sportfreunde Stiller re-wrote their chart-topping hit "'54, '74, '90, 2006" in anticipation of a 2010 championship, re-titled it "'54, '74, '90, 2010" and are bringing it to Guitar Hero World Tour as part of a three-song Track Pack available today. Also included in the pack and further expanding the global audience are Italian rock band Negrita with "Mama Mae" and French rock sensation BB Brunes with "Dis Moi."

Swedish rock icons the Backyard Babies, whose Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock on-disc track "Minus Celsius" saw an increase in digital audio downloads after appearing in the game, are building on the success for an encore with "Degenerated" off their 2008 self-titled album. Joining the Backyard Babies in the second three-song Track Pack to be released later this month are Spanish rockers Fito Y Fitipaldis with "Por La Boca Vive El Pez" and Netherlands' beloved Di-Rect with "Johnny."

The two Track Packs will be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 440 Microsoft Points and on the PlayStation®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system for $5.49. The songs in each Track Pack will be released as downloadable singles for Xbox 360 for 160 Microsoft Points, PLAYSTATION 3 system for $1.99 and Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection for Wii(TM) for 200 Wii Points.

Guitar Hero World Tour transforms music gaming by expanding Guitar Hero's signature guitar gameplay into a cooperative band experience that combines the most advanced wireless controllers with new revolutionary online* and offline gameplay modes including Band Career and 8-player "Battle of the Bands," which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online. The game features a slick newly redesigned guitar controller, drum kit controller and a wired microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock 'n' roll anthems. Music creators are also able to share their recordings with their friends online through GHTunesSM where other gamers can download and play an endless supply of unique creations.

Guitar Hero World Tour is now available for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, the Wii home video game system from Nintendo and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. The game is rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB. For more information on Guitar Hero World Tour, please visit worldtour.guitarhero.com.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as "outlook," "will," "could," "would," "might," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes," "may," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "estimate," future," "plan," "positioned," "potential," "project," "remain," "scheduled," "set to," "subject to," "upcoming" and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales of Activision Publishing's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing's products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Activision Publishing, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, Activision Blizzard's success in integrating the operations of Activision Publishing and Vivendi Games in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company's ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated. Other such factors include additional risk factors identified in Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

*Online gameplay is only available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii(TM) and may require an additional subscription.

Guitar Hero World Tour © 2008 Activision Publishing, Inc. Guitar Hero, Activision and RedOctane are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

"PlayStation," "PLAYSTATION" and "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Used with Permission. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii is a trademark of Nintendo.
ReSpAwNkIlLeR  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ^^ German Band Sportfreunde Stiller. I come from Germany.
GuitaringEgg  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks interesting. I haven't heard any of the bands mind you, but i'll go have a listen, see if they'll be worth it.

5/1/09 - Bought DragonForce pack
12/1/09 - All DragonForce Songs 5*'d
18/1/09 - BoS
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: GuitaringEgg Wii Friend Code: 133260988829
dusanmandic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sounds cool.....

i actually just had read a topic on this that was a rumour but thats cool to see that it has actually been confirmed...

Zomg an in AFTER Lock!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Phyrexius Zero PSN Name: dusanmandic2112 ICQ Number
ReSpAwNkIlLeR  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the rest of the world could not like "54, 74, 90, 2010 - Sportfreunde Stiller" Because it was made for the WM in Germany and the German Fans^^ But nice song:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=lCG7DRNM8zw
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know any of these bands other than Backyard Babies, but I wish the German respresentative would've been Rammstein

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netherlands' beloved Direct?

Haha you made me laugh :x

song is sorta fun though
Thias  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice with some European DLC

BTW.. Danish DLC please :P

*Stands up and play '54, '74, '90, 2010"

~Thias
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap! More DLC!

Backyard Babies are win, I'll definitely be getting that track pack. The other songs I'll check out first.

Edit:

'54, '74, '90, 2010
Mama Maè
Dis Moi

Dis Moi is cool Mama Maè sounds like it could be charted pretty hard...and '54, '74, '90, 2010 is just fucking weird
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SpellDX
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool !
cant get nuff DLC.

will be nice to play German stuff.
when's Rammstein coming to WT ??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
GesterX  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJordan wrote:
corkscrewblow wrote:
this could have been good with
Germany - Rammstein
Sweden - In Flames

+1

lol I played you on GameBattles like 3 times last GH3 season

I don't think I'll get this. I guess it's quite good but I'm hoping the next installment of DLC will be a little more challenging because these are the types of songs I'll play 3 times then never again and I don't fancy spending £4 ($8ish) on each pack.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score-tracking is now up, enjoy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rammstein would've been nice....

Edit: Thank you JCirri!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SpellDX
Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, more DLC! 2 packs on the same day

Good job on the really fast tracking, JC. No Nirvana tracking though
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a completly random press release.

I suppose this is just what I really like from the GHWT. I have no idea what turns up where and when until it's already out.

This also raises the chances of seeing a "Merry Ouimette/Boss Battles Re-release" christmas out of nowhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: