ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
PathHero Bug Report & Suggestion Forum (MODS CLOSE PLEASE)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codemann8  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added an FAQ page...I'm tired now, going to bed

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
codemann8  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see there haven't been any complaints/problems lately. I have a busy week ahead of me so I am giving a fair warning of my flakiness this week. I have an 8-page paper due Friday so I will devote some time to that. I also have a class that runs 3 hours every day, it ends Friday so there'll also be an exam to study for in addition to the paper. And, I also have a job which I'm currently working half-time. So, a pretty busy week. I will still be around once and a while to check up and answer questions. I was hoping my newly created FAQ page would help answer most of the questions people would have.

I hope everyone likes the site, hopefully when I get back to working hard on this again, I can get user ratings up and a userbase system.

EDIT: I'm definitely working more than half-time...7 hours today...definitely a busy time for my department

Last edited by codemann8 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
DT10  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... it doesn't work on mac (as you know) but I tried it on a PC and it seems to work great! One thing that could make it go much faster, but is not totally necessary or urgent or anything. If the activation goes over the end of one line and on to another, you have to make 2 separate activations; one on the first line and one on the second. If there is any way to just click the start and end of an activation instead of covering each line individually, that would be awesome.

Otherwise, its really good!

My Accomplishment Thread
GHWT Wii FC: 1762 5871 5881
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Wii Friend Code: 515517205255
codemann8  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT10 wrote:
Well... it doesn't work on mac (as you know) but I tried it on a PC and it seems to work great! One thing that could make it go much faster, but is not totally necessary or urgent or anything. If the activation goes over the end of one line and on to another, you have to make 2 separate activations; one on the first line and one on the second. If there is any way to just click the start and end of an activation instead of covering each line individually, that would be awesome.

For a Mac, I just updated the view page...instead of a Java Applet, I use AJAX instead...it loads a ton more faster and more efficient...I originally used Java because I am more familiar with that...I plan to convert the create page too, but that will be harder and it will involve mouse clicks and a bunch of calculations...as for multiline activations, this is definitely in my list of things to do!

DT10  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
DT10 wrote:

For a Mac, I just updated the view page...instead of a Java Applet, I use AJAX instead...it loads a ton more faster and more efficient...I originally used Java because I am more familiar with that...I plan to convert the create page too, but that will be harder and it will involve mouse clicks and a bunch of calculations...as for multiline activations, this is definitely in my list of things to do!

Awesome just wanted to make sure you knew.

Oh yeah, and I just remembered this: I put myself as the "contributing user" for the path I submitted, but it didn't actually show up on the path. Is this a bug or does it just not show the contributing user if it's the same as the user adding it?

My Accomplishment Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Wii Friend Code: 515517205255
codemann8  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT10 wrote:
codemann8 wrote:
DT10 wrote:

Awesome just wanted to make sure you knew.

Oh yeah, and I just remembered this: I put myself as the "contributing user" for the path I submitted, but it didn't actually show up on the path. Is this a bug or does it just not show the contributing user if it's the same as the user adding it?

I'm seeing no issues with this, you're sure you put something there? I remember when I made the submit page, I tested this out and it went through just fine. And directly in the database, the field is empty for your entry. And, why would you put yourself as the contributing user, its meant if you took it from someone's path in the forums or wiki, or even from someone's youtube video.

DT10  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
I'm seeing no issues with this, you're sure you put something there? I remember when I made the submit page, I tested this out and it went through just fine. And directly in the database, the field is empty for your entry. And, why would you put yourself as the contributing user, its meant if you took it from someone's path in the forums or wiki, or even from someone's youtube video.

Well, I'm 99% sure that I did, but not 100%. I may have deleted it accidentally. And I wasn't sure about the regulations for contributing user, so I figured it was safest just to put my name to show that I wasn't stealing somebody else's path. It's not a big deal either way.

And once again thanks for creating this awesome site. When people really start to use it, and once it gets its user base and other major features, it should be incredibly useful

My Accomplishment Thread
codemann8  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac Support!

And no refresh issues!

And no distorted images!

weee911  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I posted this in the other thread but you said it's addressed already, and I can't find where?

The undo button doesn't work for me on IE7 or firefox on windows XP when creating a new path.

Sorry if I just missed it but I just didn't see this issue mentioned.

Err, I guess it says "not yet" there... why wouldn't that be in known issues instead of functionality, anyway, carry on sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weee911 wrote:
Well, I posted this in the other thread but you said it's addressed already, and I can't find where?

The undo button doesn't work for me on IE7 or firefox on windows XP when creating a new path.

Sorry if I just missed it but I just didn't see this issue mentioned.

Err, I guess it says "not yet" there... why wouldn't that be in known issues instead of functionality, anyway, carry on sorry.

About three posts above yours in the other thread I mentioned that I added support for Macs but haven't gotten around to adding functionality to the undo/redo buttons.

weee911  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I just tried to submit a path a minute ago, the undo/redo buttons work now but when I submitted my path and then looked at it (Today, hard) I noticed none of the things I had marked were there (no blue or red layers)

I'm using IE7 and XP

I don't mind redo-ing them if the info is lost so go ahead and delete those.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I just thought that something went wrong with how you pathed it, so I tried to. And the credit to: isn't working either. I gave the credit to weee911 but it didn't show his username.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjsteamfoo wrote:
Ya I just thought that something went wrong with how you pathed it, so I tried to. And the credit to: isn't working either. I gave the credit to weee911 but it didn't show his username.

Yeah I just saw now, there was a capitalization issue in my code, stupid, contributing user works now.

IMPORTANT: IF ANYONE ENTERED A CONTRIBUTING USER...IT DIDN'T WORK, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL CHANGE IT TO THE RIGHTFUL INFO.

Have you noticed this only with today on hard, or is it other songs too. Did you use the undo/redo buttons in any matter, if so, please remember how many times you undid stuff and redid stuff and when...the most you can tell me the better I can fix this...

weee911  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
cjsteamfoo wrote:

Yeah I just saw now, there was a capitalization issue in my code, stupid, contributing user works now.

IMPORTANT: IF ANYONE ENTERED A CONTRIBUTING USER...IT DIDN'T WORK, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL CHANGE IT TO THE RIGHTFUL INFO.

Have you noticed this only with today on hard, or is it other songs too. Did you use the undo/redo buttons in any matter, if so, please remember how many times you undid stuff and redid stuff and when...the most you can tell me the better I can fix this...

Here's what I did yesterday:

Using IE7 on a different windows XP machine from today,

The first time I entered the path, I did use undo-redo right at the beginning, the second time I did not do the undo-redo. The path came up with no overlays both times, and it seems like you deleted those two today.

Here is what I tried today:

I made two paths, one with firefox and one with IE7 both on the same PC.
I did not use undo/redo on either one

The one made in firefox worked perfectly, I only entered my user name and the comment of "I hope this works" The overlays were there when it showed me the path.

The one I made in IE did not let me submit until I put something in the contributing user field, it said please put something in the user and path fields or something along those lines in the error message. When I added "test" into the contributing user field, it accepted my path and then when it showed me the path the overlays were missing.

Hope this is enough info.

Last edited by weee911 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrSham  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weee911 wrote:
Edit: I just noticed dr. sham's hard bass path is blank as well except for this path comment, but no overlays.

Yup. I also tried to redo without any undo's but for some reason it rejects when I submit.

When you have resolved whatever may be causing this can you delete the path i've submitted and i'll do it again.

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: