ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
PathHero v2.1!! (Online Pathmaking) *GH:WoR Charts Live!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codemann8  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's all done programatically using data pulled off the game disc...this includes section names and lyrics. But, as cool as that would be, there's just not enough time in the day to pull this off. My highest priority is getting GHL charts, but even finding the time for that is tough.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Codemann. I hope the GHL charts have been coming along decently (that is, if they are at all, I guess), but I had a couple questions regarding the site

1.) What, exactly, has kept you from including the GH5 and WoR DLC on the site? Is there some difference between them and the WT charts that you can't just copy the same method, or have you just not done it yet?

2.) Is there any chance you could include RB Drums as an option? It'd be really helpful for pathing so I'm not trying to shift Orange notes around when I don't need to.

3.) Are vocals also an option?

These might've been answered already, but it's after midnight when I'm posting this so I'll trawl through the thread tomorrow.

EDIT: Found a partial answer to #1 two pages back. Not all surprising since this was back in 2012. What exactly did you need for the DLC charts, anyways?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
codemann8  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately voided, as much as I'd like to work thru these issues to get GHL and the remaining charts created, the truth is there just isn't enough time in the day to take on all these side projects of mine. Every few months I log on to see if there's been additional progress and see if there's anything I can do to move the chains forwards but the last few times I've went to go look into things, I hit the same roadblock and I give up. It also doesn't help that I have to dig up all sorts of computer programs that hopefully I still have but the truth is many of those programs don't function on new OSs and hardware the same way so it adds additional challenges. But, it's a dying effort all around, unfortunately. GH in general is on the decline and less and less people will benefit from the increasingly-complicated efforts.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*raised eyebrow*

You sure about that? There are plenty of people who are still trying to squeeze or at least get decent scores here on GH, across all difficulties, games and instruments, myself included. Now, to be completely fair it's possible that some aren't using paths, but there's at least 10-20 who are--sjay, myself, ultra, probly Arvain are just 4 I can name off the top of my head.

Plus, Madnelly's been really good at getting paths out for all the songs you have available on the GH side, even if I haven't necessarily had the chance to use them all and test them (which I intend to). There is a demand for what you have now and what I'm suggesting you do in the future, and at this point I don't really think you should be concerned with whether or not the world at large is going to be interested in GH anymore. Give us more hardcore fans the tools and we can keep ourselves busy, and you won't need to do more than keep the site up; and if you can't/won't do that, you can always transfer the ownership and code base to someone else who will.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
conlan22  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 10-20 people doesn't justify the effort and hours it would take for it to happen. Less than 75 people (on expert) have even entered all 42 scores for GHL and I'd be surprised if that many different people have entered even one DLC score all year. Also at the end you get pretty demanding there. It was nice of him to even do it as a side project from the start, and talking to him that way isn't going to make him want to help you out. If there are so many people dying for this stuff where are all the complaints in this thread? He basically announced there will be nothing new released and I'd be willing to bet that your comment will be the only one or one of the very very few asking for him to keep going. Like he said those programs were written long ago and don't function great anymore so it will be up to someone with a vested interest in having charts to take up the task and do it again
lilyoliver  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: PathHero v2.1!! (Online Pathmaking) *GH:WoR Charts Live! Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
This is my official announcement: PathHero is now live and running.

PathHero ...Enjoy!

*PathHero is NOT owned and operated by ScoreHero*
*The reason why I require a ScoreHero account upon account creation is because ScoreHero is the largest GuitarHero community...and each user should match on both systems to ensure credibility...also I plan to add features to the site which references to your ScoreHero accounts.*

Features of v2.1
-ability to create paths online with an editor
-ability to submit path (storing it in a database)
-ability to view user's paths
-ability to rate paths
-ability to add replies to ratings on your paths
-ability to delete paths
-ability to report bad paths or ratings
-floating tool menu for create page
-color scheme for different ratings
-affiliate programming and donations (for site costs and possible funding for an iPhone app)
-forgot your password support
-ability to search users' profiles
-ability to change your password

Future Core Additions
-add 2-part bands
-edit home page story
-add tutorial on how to use PathHero
-add a guide to pathmaking
-autoscroll for view page
-ability to edit paths(may require a more complex program)

Known Issues
-known to work with IE, FF, GC(Google Chrome), and Safari
-no ability to make multi-line activations (just do them separately for now)

HOW YOU CAN HELP instagram video downloader
-if you see any errors, please state what you were trying to do and what happened and post them in this forum (the more details, the better)
-if you have an idea of a feature that you think would be nice to have, let me know
-add paths that are from the SP forum or wiki page (remember to include contributing user or your path will be erased & avoid duplicate paths)
-RATE RATE RATE away, this will essentially what will drive this website
-be patient with changes, I've put many hours into this project so far...allow me to take a break once and awhile (but always feel free to comment on the website)

Please submit all bug reports here. Please don't just say..."it doesn't work"...that doesn't help me any.

lol please delete the one i made a few days ago under guitar>misery business>expert by author "this_is_cool" i was testing to see if paths saved and the path i made was just bullshit

edit: oop sorry didnt notice the bug report forum
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHL songs were all extracted including all of GHTV + unreleased stuff and ported to CloneHero. So those are available.

Were path erased ? according to comments, I did some path in GD:RB Medium Bass but I don't see any nor in my profile. weird.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It saddens me, but the last couple months PathHero has been targeted by several bots and has resulted in sluggish performance and reduced usability. This continued to become increasingly worse up until 2 days ago when these bots have rendered PathHero, and a number of my other services, inaccessible. Sadly, I've exhausted any and all attempts to stave off these attacks and have been forced to indefinitely shut down PathHero. I will continue to monitor the status to see if the bots continue these attacks post shutdown so that I may be able to reverse my decision at some point. I apologize to the few that still do actively use the site, unfortunately this is world we live in.

Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that sucks. Thanks for all the effort though, PathHero has been an indispensable resource.

If worst comes to worst and the site stays down, is it possible to store or spread the data elsewhere so that it's not lost completely?

Also, any idea what the robots want from us?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
codemann8  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The data is still in the database, I'm just unable to access it as of now. It is my hope to avoid that scenario, but it could be possible in the future to extract the paths that existed. It's been a couple hours being offline, and still several of my services are inaccessible.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. THat sucks. It's a shame, too, cuz I was just getting ready to confirm the last few GHVH paths I need to upload.

WHy even would bots attack it, though? Do they just hate anything Guitar Hero related, or what?

codemann8  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure, but the information I have is that the intention was 100% to cause the site to not function any longer.

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a bollock. any pathing services is indispensable to this community.

One suggestion that has been bugging for a years, have you ever contacted JCirri and ask him he wanted to integrate pathhero it scorehero ? simillar to ipather, I think these pathing website should all be in one place and linked together. it would one heck a force and added bonus to generated more traffic here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking scumbags. Hope they get what's coming to them.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that PathHero is down, where can I find all the charts? I know SlowHero has the GHWT and GHM ones. but what about the later games? Trying to figure out paths and stuff will be next to impossible for me otherwise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 68 of 69

Jump to: