ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
PathHero v2.1!! (Online Pathmaking) *GH:WoR Charts Live!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool man. looks all good from a quick look of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's just me but I just registered on Pathhero and now I get immediately redirected to oprah.com. This didn't happen before and now the site is completely unusable for me as is redirects me right away. I didn't even get the chance to login. Immediately after my registration was accepted it sent me to oprah.com. I have no idea what's going on. Sucks because I use Pathhero all the time.
codemann8  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbaymackey wrote:
I don't know if it's just me but I just registered on Pathhero and now I get immediately redirected to oprah.com. This didn't happen before and now the site is completely unusable for me as is redirects me right away. I didn't even get the chance to login. Immediately after my registration was accepted it sent me to oprah.com. I have no idea what's going on. Sucks because I use Pathhero all the time.

Whoops, my bad, I still had some of my safeguards in place that ban users if they tried creating an account (by a bot, since the register page was "hidden" by typical users).

I've unbanned your IP and unlocked your account.

Also, Go Pack Go!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works great now, thanks.

Go Pack Go!
AbyssionQC  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, oprah.com, I got stuck in that loop for few months before my IP was unbanned randomly, still never got to make an account (that I probably wouldn't have used lol)

GH1 FC''s: 47/47 | GH2 FC''s: 64/64 | GH80''s FC''s: 30/30 | GH3 FC''s: 70/70 GHA FC''s: 41/41 | GHWT FC''s: 86/86
GHM FC''s: 49/49 | GHSH FC''s: 47/48 GH5 FC''s: 85/85 | GHVH FC''s: 47/47 | GHWoR FC''s: 91/93 | Total FC''s: 657/660

I totally didn''''t steal someone else''''s signature
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing. What program have people been using to send you DLC charts?
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping GHL chart extraction won't be too much of a hassle

daez237  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Idea for PathHero Reply with quote

Hey there!

Firstly, I just want to give a massive thank you to you and anybody else involved in making PH a reality. I'm 23 years old now, and have been using PH for SP Paths for many years. It has been an immensely helpful tool for me in this time, helping me to some successful scores in every difficulty.

I have an idea. My first thought, having no experience or knowledge in programming and developing, is that it would probably be quite a hard idea to implement.

My idea sprouted from seeing a lot of paths posted on PH, especially by those who weren't a part of the GH scene in terms of patina, competitive scoring, and such from years past. I notice that quite a few of the people posting paths don't have a clear understanding of how SP accumulation and whammy, especially, work.

So, with that being said, here's the idea. Instead of having to input SP lengths on your own, based off SP accumulation knowledge, and a bit of mathematics, why not update PH or try creating a newer program where the SP length is given for you based on how many SP phrases you wish to use in that activation.

My initial thought was something like: you want your 1st activation to contains two SP phrases containing no whammy. This constitutes 4 measures under SP. So, instead of having to input the four measures yourself, and having to decide on or find the best start/finish point for that activation, the four SP measures come up as a solid blue bar that can be moved side to side. This would give novice pathers the start/finish points of the activation without having to figure it out themselves.

This would also give veteran pathers and competitive players an easier way of figuring out lengths when implementing whammy, especially for songs where odd whammy lengths are present, or the SP gained from whammy is odd or more than expected because of time signature or BPM.

I feel like this would not only make pathing and, therefore, gaining scores a lot easier and more competitive also. Whilst also encouraging less skilled or experienced pathers/players to join in and give pathing a serious go.

At the moment, I feel that PH pathing and SH dominance is restricted to those who know and understand how it all works. Take Easy difficulty for example. A high majority of players that play on Easy, especially those who posy scores to SH, can easily FC most of the songs available. And for a lot of them, a decent path is the difference between 10th place and 22nd place.

Implementing an idea like this would (hopefully) encourage and promote healthy competition within the GH/SH community, and also encourage self-improvement as a player and pather for both casual and competitive players.

But as I say, I naturally assume this would be a somewhat hard and tedious process to create. But if it can be done, especially with the release of RB4 and GHL nearing, it could revamp the GH/SH/PH community of old.

Thank you for your time in reading my novel (:

I would love any feedback from anybody and everybody on this idea. What do you think? Is it good? Could it work? Can it even be done? Is it even a worthwhile project to begin with?

Let me know.

-daez237

daez237@hotmail.com
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey codemann, do you think you'll put any effort into extracting charts from GHL? I know it's such a different game with probably a much different format, but I was wondering if it was possible at all.

codemann8  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Idea for PathHero Reply with quote

daez237 wrote:
Hey there!
All this stuff
-daez237

This is something I've always wanted to implement but it is impossible as it works today. The charts on PH are nothing than mere PNG images, there is no set of logic that anyone could write to convert an image to meaningful data like what measure a star power power phrase ends and how long SP would last if it did. This is only something the human mind can do. It would have to be a total revamp, the site would have to reference the original game files that are on the disc to display the paths instead of rendered chart images. Although, this in the end would be an awesome feature, I think the paths that are out there are good, and there's a good system to flag/rate bad paths so others aren't confused.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
codemann8  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
Hey codemann, do you think you'll put any effort into extracting charts from GHL? I know it's such a different game with probably a much different format, but I was wondering if it was possible at all.

I just checked today, and it appears no one in the world has uploaded an ISO of the game disc to torrent or usenet. I'm surprised by this, not one console version is out there! I'd prefer (nearly require) an X360 version as that filesystem has been the most consistent to be able to extract chart data from. As far as whether I'll be able to get charts out of it, total mystery. I can't say what I haven't seen. It could be like DJHero for all I know.

WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
I dug around and finally found this long lost code I've been looking for, for generating charts for the new games. It needed a couple tweaks but it ran BH charts no problem. I've finally added these to PH, let me know if you spot any errors, missing charts, misspelled song names, etc.

The 'score per measure' parts of at least the drum charts are inaccurate. It seems like orange notes are counted as 90 points and all other notes as 75, while it should be 75 for bass notes only and 50 points for every other note. Accented notes are missing too, making it even harder to accurately calculate differences between possible paths. Do you think you could find a way to add them to the charts? These would be worth 75 points if struck hard enough, by the way.

Also, if you're still thinking of creating a program to calculate the score a certain path yields, drums should actually be quite doable. You always get set amounts of SP (bar a few songs in GH:WoR that have sustains in SP phrases), so all you have to worry about is making the correct calculation for the multiplier transitions at the start of a song - which is a bit weird on drums, but easy once understood - and make sure that yellow and orange notes don't count under SP when activated on, while red, blue, green and bass notes do. I think this would really be an awesome tool to have, especially if it could update live while you're working on a path
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:29 am    Post subject: Possible suggestion Reply with quote

Hey codemann8
I really like pathhero. I've been using it loads towards my scores. One suggestion if you could possibly implement this
Add the lyrics on top of measures maybe? Sometimes it helps along with the section names.
Thanks again :^)[/i]
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:33 am    Post subject: And a q Reply with quote

Ok one question
How do you and others make all these charts with all the notes in the right places etc? Do you do it by hand or have a program or something? :p [/quote]
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't give any specifics, but the charts are extracted from the games directly. I wouldn't know how it's done, but you probably do need some sort of programming software to do it.

I'd be interested to see if GH:L charts become available at some point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 67 of 69

Jump to: