ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Slider chord!? WTF (The Catalyst Medium Guitar - WoR DLC)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Slider chord!? WTF (The Catalyst Medium Guitar - WoR DLC) Reply with quote

see the scores

note #690 is a slider chord.

on mirror mode, it becomes a chord, on note shuffle, it becomes

in all cases it's still impossible to hit.

5:09 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JqlbXksWjg

The practice mode section the note is in is "Main Theme 3"

I discussed this with psx in irc recently and he says it's completely unhittable. he spent 30 min in practice trying various things to hit it and got nowhere.

what he says he tried:
-tapping at the exact same time
-strumming a normal chord
-tapping quickly as hopos
-tapping quickly as hopos
-strumming quickly
-strumming quickly

he also says you can strum on any note and it doesn't plink no matter what until the timing window of the note passes. it seems we're not looking at a Master of Puppets GHMHG / Mommy's Little Monster GHMMG situation here, but another All Nightmare Long GH3H situation. I still haven't personally played this chart but if anyone has the WoR Linkin Park pack, check it out and let me know if you have any success at all.

One thing I'm interested in trying is using the actual slider bar on the WTar/5tar. psx has a WoRtar so he couldn't try it.

EDIT: I've now personally tried all of the above as well including the slider bar on my WTar. I also tried note shuffle and mirror mode and both to see if anything changes. Still an unhittable slider chord. I'm ready to call this song completely impossible to FC. Spent about an hour to try to hit this note. Zero success.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.

Last edited by SpoonMan on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone post a video?

Benzeeni  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fhdra wrote:
Can someone post a video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JqlbXksWjg

Skip to about 5:09

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Deathbringer415
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

added video to the OP.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered if I'd be the only person in the world to ever find that stupid thing, being a Linkin Park DLC song on Medium and all. After several attempts in practice when I played it, I'm fairly certain it falls into the ANL GH3H category where there's absolutely nothing you can do.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong of course, but I'm not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dramacomic wrote:
I always wondered if I'd be the only person in the world to ever find that stupid thing, being a Linkin Park DLC song on Medium and all. After several attempts in practice when I played it, I'm fairly certain it falls into the ANL GH3H category where there's absolutely nothing you can do.

Isn't ANL on GH3H possible to FC, by doing a quick to or something? I know it'd take forever, but one could try doing any note combination in The Catalyst. Might take a while, but it'd be awesome if someone found out how to FC it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderAlex wrote:
dramacomic wrote:

Isn't ANL on GH3H possible to FC, by doing a quick to or something? I know it'd take forever, but one could try doing any note combination in The Catalyst. Might take a while, but it'd be awesome if someone found out how to FC it.

GH3H ANL is impossible to FC. You are probably thinking about MoP where that technique is possible.

This is an interesting find. Kind of looks cool to see a slider chord.
Marbler  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried hitting it as late as you possibly can to get it outside of the slider section?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, also the YB chord right before it is a same note hopo
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone try some cheats like Note shuffle/All Tap/Mirror mode?
To see if it's hittable that way?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
Did anyone try some cheats like Note shuffle/All Tap/Mirror mode?
To see if it's hittable that way?
I mucked around with both All Taps and All Hopos cheats individually, and they both did nothing to about 95% of the chart, including the note in question. Spoon brought up the idea of Note Shuffle on IRC so if I care enough to try the song again (I really don't), I might try that, along with Marbler's suggestion.

I'm quite convinced though that its 1000% not possible purely because of the oddity of being able to strum the note (even twice, and regardless of what you fret) and having it not plink until it passes the timing window. But who knows. Maybe one just has to stand on one foot, point their nose in the air at a 55 degree angle perpendicular to ground level, wear only a singlet and a pair of boxers, and face away from the screen whilst doing the hokey pokey, and fret all 5 notes at once whilst strumming with both the strum bar and d-pad simultaneously.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll try everything that has been talked tonight to confirm everything. maybe the ps3 chart is different.

EDIT: you can't use the slider bar for chord tap. it doesnt work. you can only use one tap at a time. this is why its the only slider chord ever saw, which is probably a huge mistake (gotta ask EFJay at Beenox about it). But, if you use the slider bar for the yellow or the blue, only 1 of them register, but still making it missing the chord.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried strumming with the slider bar lol ?
If it registers one note, then it can't register the other like 10ms after ? Have you tried hitting yellow first, and then blue first ?

For ANL, did anyone tried to play an invisible note ? Seriously it goes RNNB and streak goes off between 2nd N and blue like if there was a note you didn't play, and some notes after there is RNGB (N stands for No note). Maybe it is not a green but another note (or a chord).
I'm on wii so I can't help more on this, sorry.

And I'm not gonna buy The Catalyst lol.

Also reduce speed when you try to get a fucked up part, it is easier to hit and if you record, it's easier to guess what happens.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto42 wrote:
Have you tried strumming with the slider bar lol ?
If it registers one note, then it can't register the other like 10ms after ? Have you tried hitting yellow first, and then blue first ?.

yes, yes and yes. i tried tap strumming but if there's a slider coming, you cant tap strum it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spent an hour with this dumb note and got nowhere. I put the details in the OP.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: