ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
BatH/Trogdor FC tips?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject: BatH/Trogdor FC tips? Reply with quote

I'm sure this has been discussed, but search isn't turning up much. Most of the Trogdor stuff I find is discussing engine theories, but I'm looking for some info/tips on actually achieving the FC for these. I am playing both on PAL with SwapMagic.

BaTH

1. My understanding is PAL makes it easier but is not necessary. How much does it matter? I have SwapMagic but it's kind of a pain to load up every time I want to try and I'm wondering if it's worth it for this.

2. Is there some weird thing like Trogdor where it is not possible to FC this on some of the other speeds in practice? I've FCed it on full speed but not Slowest. I feel like I hit it correctly on Slowest and it just doesn't work.

3. Is the general consensus to use the hammer-ons or no? When I try to use them it's a plink fest. I can usually get a good combo with all strums and have FCed it a few times, but not nearly enough to actually try grinding. If I hammer-on do I use them like normal (hammer-on with quick down-up strum after), or do I have to do some Ballroom Blitz type thing where the coordination is weird?

Trogdor

Any tips at all for this? My general strategy is to strum everything (no hammer-ons), start and end on a downstrum, try to start the strumming as early as possible and maintain a perfectly even speed. I get some good combos and -1,-2,-3's fairly often, but I've actually FCed it twice out of 92830291839021 attempts, both in practice of course.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BatH: I did not use PAL for this one and I don't believe it helps THAT much. Solo D is indeed FCable on all speed, you just have to be incredibly precise on both slowest and full speed. For reference on slowest you are allowed to strum at half the speed that's allowed on full speed, so you have to be careful not to do the bursts too quickly.

What I suggest is hitting the first three early, and then practice switching frets as soon as possible every time you have to, so you can time a quick down-up burst (not up-down!) that isn't too quick for the strum limit. It may take ages to get down but it's how it's done; you want to fret the HOPOs as early as possible with them still registering as HOPOs, and not strum the burst too early so that you input doesn't get eaten by the previous HOPO note.

Trogdor: you want to use PAL (obviously), start strumming early and end strumming late. Do not use the HOPOs throughout. Be sure that you're inputting the exact amount of strums (count them to be certain). Avoid strumming in bursts (that's literally the hardest part). Don't waste too much time on practice mode since the song is very short and it's very reasonable to want your next FC of the solo to be in an actual run.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
BatH:

Ha, thanks. Got the Slowest/Slower FC multiple times fairly quickly on NTSC doing this. Seems much more difficult on Slow/Full Speed but I can see that this is the way to do it for consistency. Off to practice I guess.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who FC'd both songs just this past May using PAL, here's my advice:

BatH- Strum everything. What helped me was focusing on the down strums, and timing the fretting accordingly. Every group of G, Y, and O begin on downstrums. This way you can kind of split it up into groups of 6 notes. I did use hopos for the ending of solo D, since it is so short. Here's my video: https://youtu.be/v54jezMHyGM?t=139

Trogdor- Pretty much what Undead said. Start the strumming early, don't use hopos, and don't bother with practice mode since the song is so short. I will say from my experience, I ended up strumming faster than I thought I should. I noticed when I tried to purposely strum slow to avoid the strum limit, I would generally miss 2-4 notes every time. Strumming a bit faster got me -1 or 2 instead, felt much closer to an FC. Strumming too fast would be like -6 or 7 usually.
Here's my FC vid for reference: https://youtu.be/rIejRnKRMNE?t=68
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you still need help but way back in the day I actually FCed BatH on PAL by using the HOPOs. I would always start the strumming on an upstrum because it felt way more natural to DU every necessarily-strummed doublet throughout. Maybe just in my head but it also felt like I had more "engine laxness" I guess by using HOPOs.

Trogdor yeah idk I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest using PAL for BatH. That's what I did, I found it noticeably easier. There's a saying "sharpen the axe". Why chop the tree with a dull axe? You're just working against yourself. Use PAL for BatH.

Especially since you're gonna have to use PAL for Trogdor. For Trogdor at least it's only like 1.5 minutes into the song so you can eventually grind that one out...easier said than done, I know, it was my last FC in the game for a reason lol. Good luck.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: