ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Acoustic Track Pack, Wings and Bob Seger for February DLC!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Acoustic Track Pack, Wings and Bob Seger for February DLC! Reply with quote

GUITAR HERO® WORLD TOUR’S DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT SET LIST CONTINUES TO EXPAND WITH NEW TRACK PACKS IN FEBRUARY

SANTA MONICA, CA – January 27, 2009 – Having already delivered fans over 70 rockin’ downloadable tracks for Activision Publishing, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero® World Tour since the game’s October 2008 launch, three new Track Packs spanning a variety of musical genres and multiple artists will be available throughout February 2009 to Guitar Hero® fans across the globe.

On February 12th, rockers Incubus, The Shins and Ryan Adams turn off the amps and electric guitars in the Acoustic Track Pack. Coming to Guitar Hero World Tour are Incubus’ “Drive,” The Shins’ “New Slang” and Ryan Adams’ GRAMMY® Award nominated version of “Wonderwall.”

Following their debut appearance on disc in Guitar Hero World Tour with “Band on the Run,” Paul McCartney’s Wings return to the Guitar Hero stage with the Wings Track Pack. “Junior’s Farm,” “Hi Hi Hi” and “Jet,” three top-ten hits from the band’s diverse catalog of music, will be available for download on February 19th.

GRAMMY Award winner, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and Academy Award nominee Bob Seger will make his Guitar Hero downloadable content debut with the Bob Seger Track Pack. After making an appearance in ads highlighting different celebrities jamming on instruments from Guitar Hero World Tour, Seger’s legendary hit “Old Time Rock and Roll” joins "Her Strut" and a live-recording of "Get Out of Denver" in the Bob Seger Track Pack, available for download on February 26th.

The Acoustic, Wings and Bob Seger Track Packs will be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 440 Microsoft Points and on the PlayStation®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system for $5.49. The songs in each Track Pack will be released as downloadable singles for Xbox 360 for 160 Microsoft Points, PLAYSTATION 3 system for $1.99 and Wii™ for 200 Wii Points.

Guitar Hero World Tour transforms music gaming by expanding Guitar Hero’s signature guitar gameplay into a cooperative band experience that combines the most advanced wireless controllers with new revolutionary online* and offline gameplay modes including Band Career and 8-player “Battle of the Bands,” which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online. The game features a slick newly redesigned guitar controller, drum kit controller and a wired microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock ‘n’ roll anthems. Music creators are also able to share their recordings with their friends online through GHTunesSM where other gamers can download and play an endless supply of unique creations.

Guitar Hero World Tour is now available for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, the Wii home video game system from Nintendo and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. The game is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB. For more information on Guitar Hero World Tour, please visit worldtour.guitarhero.com.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing’s expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as “outlook,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “remains,” “to be,” “plans,” “believes,” “may,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “estimate,” future,” “plan,” “positioned,” “potential,” “project,” “remain,” “scheduled,” “set to,” “subject to,” “upcoming” and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales of Activision Publishing’s titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing’s ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing’s products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Activision Publishing, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, Activision Blizzard’s success in integrating the operations of Activision Publishing and Vivendi Games in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company’s ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated. Other such factors include additional risk factors identified in Activision Blizzard’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

###

*Online gameplay is only available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ and may require an additional subscription.

Guitar Hero World Tour © 2009 Activision Publishing, Inc. Guitar Hero, Activision and RedOctane are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

“PlayStation,” “PLAYSTATION” and “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Used with Permission. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo.
[/b]
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Bout time we got some Old Time Rock and Roll! Been waiting for that song since it's been in the commercials.

BlueEagle  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuckin' DRIVE?!

hell yeah, I love that song

My most loved thread lock ever
Endless Setlist 2 Completed 27/2/09, 415/420* BoS achieved (plus first five star of battery, barely any OD usage :|)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Blue Eagle 112
fyeah  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna do the Tom Cruise dance when i got Old Time Rock And Roll
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lur1fax wrote:
I'm gonna do the Tom Cruise dance when i got Old Time Rock And Roll

I now fear for youtube.. the videos that will probably arise from this.. haha!
1ofakind  

Location: San Jose, CA (More specificly, Scotts Valley but their close enough together.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to complain here, but when will we be seeing some insane DLC for WT?
I mean none of these songs sound difficult.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ofakind wrote:

When people stop asking.
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for the January DLC to show up on my PAL Wii.

And to all the difficulty whores: there's a new game coming out in March. Look it up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHRIS VANCE I Want Your Babies i Mean Incubus' Drive that is pure win
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: shooter21198SH
1ofakind  

Location: San Jose, CA (More specificly, Scotts Valley but their close enough together.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cwhitney2 wrote:
1ofakind wrote:

When people stop asking.

Well you see with me, it's not just difficulty it's the lack of........how should I put this.......the metal genre, I mean sure, we have Metallica but the Wii users only got three songs off of a ten-song album and not only that, but we also have to wait till May for GH:M

so........yeah BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I know.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ofakind wrote:
cwhitney2 wrote:
1ofakind wrote:

When people stop asking.

Well you see with me, it's not just difficulty it's the lack of........how should I put this.......the metal genre, I mean sure, we have Metallica but the Wii users only got three songs off of a ten-song album and not only that, but we also have to wait till May for GH:M

Get RB2 and buy Thrasher.

But where is the first week of Febuary? Don't tell us you are leaving out a week D:
thumbs  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's for the Bruce Springsteen pack. They are just giving it a head start. Yet again I'm not Neversoft so they could just be lazy jerks. You never know.
wiihalofan  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing "Old Time Rock and Roll" is finally in the game!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trogdon wrote:
1ofakind wrote:
cwhitney2 wrote:
1ofakind wrote:

When people stop asking.

Get RB2 and buy Thrasher.

But where is the first week of Febuary? Don't tell us you are leaving out a week D:
Uh, number 1, isn't this the Guitar Hero DLC thread? Oh right talking about Rock Band, not a bad thing but I really don't think it was that appropriate. Also, number 2, if you would've known he said Wii users. Thus, if you check how many songs Wii users have on RB2, Thrasher just happens to be not one of them.

Back to the point of the thread. Woooottt!!!!!! I knew this song wasn't to be missed! \m/(In relation to Old Time Rock and Roll) Also, Wonderwall on GH:WT might be good, I need to check out the song though. I hope it's as well/better than Oasis'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: