ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Vote on New SH Features!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deimos  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Vote on New SH Features! Reply with quote

In order to try and figure out what features are most important to include in the SH rewrite/redesign, we've set up an account on Uservoice.

Uservoice is a site designed for giving suggestions/feedback, the main thing that distinguishes it from just posting your ideas here on the SH forums is that every user only has 10 votes to allocate towards suggestions. You can allocate up to 3 votes on a single suggestion, but having a limited amount will force everyone to consider which ideas are the most important to them. With unlimited votes, it's easy to just say "I like this idea" to everything, but with limited votes you'll have to pick your favorites. This will help us to prioritize things so that we know what people really want to see the most.

Don't worry, you shouldn't have to create yet another website account, Uservoice has good support for logging in using other accounts you probably already have. You're already set if you have an account on Facebook, Google (gmail, etc), Myspace, Yahoo, AOL, or an OpenID. Logging in using one of these other accounts is secure, you don't have to give your info to Uservoice, just select the site on the login page, and it will forward you to the chosen site, which will then send you back to Uservoice, logged in. One thing we would like to request is that you please change your Uservoice username to the same username as you use on SH (through the "settings" link in the top right of Uservoice once you're logged in). This will allow us to more easily see which users are making suggestions, comments, and votes on Uservoice.

We set up a few ideas already to get things started, but please feel free to post new suggestions, allocate your votes and move them around, post comments, etc.

Access the ScoreHero Uservoice

We're still working out exactly how we're going to use this, for example, after a while we'll probably start "closing" some of the most popular ideas that we're definitely going to implement. This will refund votes back to you so that you can apply them to other ideas. Let's get things rolling though, we can figure it out as we go along. Post here if you have any questions or issues with Uservoice and I'll try to clear things up.

Note that you can leave comments on each of the suggestions individually on Uservoice, so that's a good place for the discussion of ideas to go. Vote count isn't going to be the only deciding factor for whether we consider an idea, so if you're really interested in something, be sure to leave a comment and explain to us why it'd be a good addition. We'll definitely consider everything.

Last edited by Deimos on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sodarox11  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of the ideas look good, voted for rating customs, and custom song leaderboards.
00:37:XX fallout 3 segmented
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Stonenot
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT'D BE SWEET IF THERE WAS A CAPS LOCK DETECTION TOOL THAT WON'T ALLOW A POST TO BE IN 100% CAPS LOCK.

It's annoying and great for new users.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Fatsally93  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo online/offline users!

EDIT: And I voted for Deimos's both twice.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The limited voting is a great idea. The multiple score input would be really nice. So would the video streaming integration
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately voted for certain features and this works really well. Props for setting this up.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the best way to implement and get feeling of the upcoming things.
pretty good diea.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really is an excellent idea. I can't wait to see the final results.

Really hoping for improvements in the customs section
basst777  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, suggested a Photobase, lets see how many flame comments I get... "YOU WANT TO COPY MYSPACE NOW HUH?" No, but the point of it is, to show off your Cutoffs easier than linking someone to your scores, and if you happen to want to choose a photo from your album to be your avatar, you can re-size it on the site and have it there.

Now Im waiting to be flamed, sadly .
Madmann  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really happy user input is being valued to this level for this re-design. SH Staff are really getting their shit together on this one (whoo!).

Accomplishments: (RB) (GH)
void111  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think feedback shold have a feature that allows us to turn HO/PO,s on and off like if u turn it on no matter wat distance that note would always be an HO or a PO no matter wat distance and if it would be off you can put regular notes close together like this and it would,nt be an HO/PO note.
ZEFFER13  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHDemocracy FTW!!! This seems like a great way to do things around here. Hope we get some really good ideas on here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ZEFFER13 Wii Friend Code: 210568002975
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've laid down my votes, along with contributing an idea of my own. Loving the way this is being done, hope this is all stuff that's actually feasible for the update.

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEFFER13 wrote:
SHDemocracy FTW!!! This seems like a great way to do things around here. Hope we get some really good ideas on here.
Keep in mind that this isn't really a democracy. We'll definitely take suggestions based on what the users want, but you don't have the final say, the staff, and ultimately JC, does. Still, it'll be great to know what should be focused on/what the users really want.
void111 wrote:
I think feedback shold have a feature that allows us to turn HO/PO,s on and off like if u turn it on no matter wat distance that note would always be an HO or a PO no matter wat distance and if it would be off you can put regular notes close together like this and it would,nt be an HO/PO note.
This is about SH, not dB. That suggestion would go in this thread, but don't bother posting it there, many many people (including myself) have already suggested it, one more saying it would be pointless.
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Democracy FTW. \m/ (EDIT: Or at least the serious considering of our opinions for the lesser but still highly appreciated win. )

My most desired function is the ability to add multiple scores at once. If you know me, you must know I despise uploading scores, so this will make it much more tolerable.

I'm also very pro "Separation of Acc. and Forum". But to quote my comment in the voting place: "Would this make posting in people's threads not count towards their post count? Because that's what I desire the most; I feel like a postwhore posting a lot in the Acc. forum, which is why I don't do it as much as I'd like to..."

Online/offline user recognition would also please me, as well as the ease of setting up rivalries. As for the customs things I voted for, I think they'd be pretty cool, but as someone who doesn't do customs, it wouldn't affect me much.

EDIT: made a new choice, the inclusion of additional freticons. We've all seen these additional GH freticons and these RB freticons. Implication of them (or at least the necessary ones) would be highly appreciated by yours truly, and probably by others, too.

Last edited by TheThirdDay on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TheThirdDaySH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: