Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Introduce Yourself!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Introduce Yourself! Reply with quote

Feel free to introduce yourself however you want. Name, age, skill level, other interests, etc.

My name is Matt, I am [information classified].

Last edited by Matt on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm JC, developer of this site. I've always been a fan of music games and am looking forward to the US bemani release.

I've been playing DDR for several years and now Guitar Hero has given me a new skill to master.

I'm 23 going into my last semester as a grad student pursuing a software engineering MS degree. With my programming knowledge combined with my competitive nature and passion for music games, this site is a perfect project for me.

I plan to continue developing/improving the site to provide a reliable, secure, enjoyable and competitive environment for us to track our scores and how they compare to others.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Jaksiel  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm know as Jaksiel pretty much everywhere I participate online. Being a naturally competitive person and loving Guitar Hero, I Googled to try and find Guitar Hero high score sites, and found this one and CyberScore (not sure if mentioning another site is kosher here). Of course, I entered all my scores and then started trying to improve!
Atremains  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is dan and im 18, i dont do much with my life other than play guitar, drums, or vid games which is prolly why i do better at the shredding songs. if anyone else is real excited for titan quest, express yourself
schenksmill  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atremains wrote:
My name is dan and im 18, i dont do much with my life other than play guitar, drums, or vid games which is prolly why i do better at the shredding songs. if anyone else is real excited for titan quest, express yourself

Well damn, scary resemblance.

I'm Dan as well, 19 yr old. Been playing drums for the past 8 years, so playing Guitar Hero is a way for me to make an ass out of myself pretending to play an instrument I can't technically play.
Mike  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi My name is Michael and i'm 20. I'm a naturally competitive and active person. I enjoy sports and video games. As soon as I tried Guitar Hero, I knew I'd buy my own ! And now, I'm looking for my scores to be over all of yours !!!!! :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
I'm looking for my scores to be over all of yours !!!!! :twisted:

Good luck :p
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Hiya fellow GH addicts Reply with quote

My name is JP and I'm the developer of the Score Hero standalone spreadsheet located here:
http://gamesource.groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoreHero

I'm originally from Montreal and now living in KC (hey Mike, where are you from in Quebec?). I'm 38 years old and a software engineer with Sprint.

I'm an above average player and I've currently cracked almost all of Expert (for 3 and 4-stars). I haven't touched CfH and BatM in Expert because I want to "save" the GH experience a while longer. Hopefully I'll be playing deep into the summer trying to 5-star all the Hards before attacking the Experts. It might sound weird, but I don't want to finish the game too quickly because I want the pleasure to last!

Disc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
Mastermind73  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Intro Reply with quote

My name is Jason, and I'm 28. I'm J.P.'s Roommate (discgolferpro).

I must say that when JP began developing the Score Hero spreadsheet, all of my friends and I though he was a little bit insane.

In retrospect, after seeing how things are taking shape, I shouldn't have given him so much trouble. :twisted:

Anyway, I'm a pretty decent player, although not as obsessed as some others. I'm usually content to play the game on medium or hard (not worrying too much about scores), since my aim is mainly to rock out, have fun, and show off to newbies.

Oh yeah, and I will take credit for coming up with the name "Score Hero". You're welcome.

"Can I play with madness?"
Ducky  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Ralf, I'm 21 from Illinois, and I just started playing two days ago. I ignored Easy and went straight to Medium, and I'm pretty good at 5 satrring the easier song. I can't FC anything for crap, though. I think my hand is fucked up, though. I can't move one finger without at aleast one other one moving with it. It's caused me a few mistakes, but I can work on it. :P

Anyway, most of my friends call me Ducky or some variation thereof. I like classic Nintendo games, and I love rhythm action games alot. I play a lot of StepMania, and I make simfiles for SM all the time.

Glad to be part of the site. The site motto is awesome, by the way. ;)
OtherBill  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, the Other Bill here.

I've been a Bemani fan since the early days of DDR v1.5, but I never got pulled into the online scoring sites (DJArmy, etc.). I came here looking for scoring thresholds for Hard/Expert, but found the site interesting enough to warrant sticking around.

I can't hear "Hey You" without thinking of Homestar Runner/Teen Girl Squad's Cheerleader: "I came for the wuggas, but stayed for the jigga juggas." But I digress.

I have a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, and work for a major microprocessor corporation. Ask for more details, and I'll bore you to sleep.

I'm old compared to some of you--real old. (My son has recorded a few scores here, under the name "MysticLegend".)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, us computer engineering majors gotta stick together :p

I use VJArmy a little bit, but more for the forums then score keeping.
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OtherBill wrote:
I'm old compared to some of you--real old. (My son has recorded a few scores here, under the name "MysticLegend".)

I don't feel bad losing that statistic!

Disc(feeling younger every day)Golfer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
Jed  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Post removed because it was almost 5 years old. Whoo.]

Last edited by Jed on Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Jedlyn
Drakken  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, everyone. My name's Josh, I'm 17 years old, and I'm from southern Jersey. Rhythm games are my favorite type of games - Frequency, Gitaroo Man, DDR, Taiko Drum Master, etc. Guitar Hero is no exception. Awesome game.

I love competing, so naturally, I came here. Great job on the site, JCirri.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Drakken688
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131  Next
Page 1 of 131

Jump to: