Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ATL's: GH3 Unforgiven III, GH2 Madhouse, LtR, YYZ 41FCs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArmourTheLlama  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: ATL's: GH3 Unforgiven III, GH2 Madhouse, LtR, YYZ 41FCs Reply with quote

I spent Friday and Saturday playing harder songs on GH3 and GH:WOR, particularly working on (re)building strumming endurance and technique, so didn't FC anything new. Today (Sunday) I meant to play GH2 but absent mindedly put GH3 in instead and went with it, decided to warm up with Unforgiven III:

Not bad for a chart I haven't seen in at least 3 years, and was never very familiar with :P ATLs list of crazy random FCs continues to grow eventually did get round to some GH2 and knocked out Madhouse in a couple of tries, and these two in about four each:

Gave Killing in the Name a couple of goes too, but just can't get the rhythm for the noise build right. It's fine in practice but so hard for me to adjust to in real runs for whatever reason. Any tips? Thanks for reading
--------------------------------------------------
Working my way through GH2, re-FCing everything from before and getting new ones too. I actually technically have 36 GH2 FCs cos I've FCed Stop and Raw Dog on PS2, but I want to re-FC on 360 with better score My goal, as shown in the thread title, is currently 55. This is probably my most impressive so far:

Though I had much more trouble with Tattooed Love Boys :P Jessica happened on my first try, and in my total of 2 runs of Dead I got 2 FCs, cos I re-FCed for a better score some fairly decent scores too, including a 10th place on Billion Dollar Babies. Any support is greatly appreciated!
------------------------------------------------

Goal accomplished!! 70 WOR FCs, and so much faster than I was expecting - honestly, I don't think one of them took over an hour to get. Tick Tick Boom was my first song today and I FCed it first try, which was bewildering but so relieving, and Bat Country came after maybe 7 or 8 runs up to the solo. Neither have particularly good scores but whatever :P

So what next? I'd love to play some GH2, the very first GH game I played/owned, though I haven't really played it very seriously yet. How many FCs do you think I should go for? I can assure you it won't happen quite so rapidly as GH:WOR has :P thanks
------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah!!! Today's FCs:
Wish
Uprising
Rockin' in the Free World (5th place!!! :O )
It's Only Another Parsec...
Saviour
Dancing Through Sunday

A really nice return on a couple hours' playing, leaving me at 68 FCs, just two more to get before I reach my goal of 70 the remaining two will most likely be from Tick Tick Boom (which I got 100% on just now, but overstrummed right after the fast strumming), Move it on Over or Bat Country... and dare I say Deadfall may be possible too?? Besides that, I'd really really appreciate tips on Tones of Home's Solo A, the strummy triplety bit and any other feedback you'd care to leave thanks
--------------------------------------------------
Today I finished off my playthrough of GH:WOR, so now I've got a score submitted for every song. The highlight, or lowlight, but probably both at the same time, was what I did on Call Me The Breeze.
I got 100%.
Yep. I hit every note. On CALL ME THE BREEZE.
But I overstrummed during the chords at the end, and messed up starpower such that my score's about 50K behind where it should've been In hindsight, I should have taken a picture, was apparently was too emotional at that moment to think of it :P
Oh well, maybe one day besides that incident, I now stand at 59 FCs and 2 100% overstrums, and smashed my target of 31mill overall. Now, I'll be taking skinnywhitecomic's advice and aiming for 70 FCs, a difficult but not overly optimistic target.
I also reverse-choked Tick Tick Boom (missing only a loleasy chord and a red right before the fast strumming) and Bat Country (stupid bit in Solo B), so hopefully they'll be coming soon along with the other low-tier ones I couldn't be bothered to grind before :P

Thanks for all the replies in the last 24 hours! I was really pleasantly surprised, it's great to be reminded why this site is the best online community I've ever known please do continue

---------------------------------------------
Four years on, I'm baaaaaack! I've been posting in this forum a bit recently, though I'm not sure anyone will remember/have ever heard of me before that :P I played through GH3 a few weeks ago during the summer holidays, and I found myself enjoying GH as much as ever, so I began to play regularly again

I've been working my way through GH:WOR, trying to get a score I'm happy with for all the songs. My goal is to get 31 million points overall, and by comparing my scores with those of people around that mark I seem well on the way to that total

With 21 songs left to insert a score for, I've FCed 47 and 100% overstrummed 1 (Rockin' in the Free World), which I'm really happy with considering the most time I've spent on any individual song is ~30 minutes Any replies would be awesome, how many FCs do you think I should aim for in this game?
SIGHTREAD SUFFOCATED FC

HOOOOOOOLLLYYY

Hey, I'm back

Yeah, this is just about the most crazy thing I've ever done imo o_O Hitting that first fast bit was such a fluke, and I figured i may as well focus now, as that was probably the only hard bit (hadn't played the song before, hence sightread) but I was wrong. And I hit the rest of the song O--O_O-o-O_O-o-o

ME > ALEXHAZ OBV.

Woo hoo!!!

I said to myself "I'll warm up with a run of No One Knows", seeing as there were a lot of points for me to get out of it and I was working on raising my GH1X rank - and FCed it not my best FC evar, but I think it's up there. More exciting, though, is that I'm now (for the first time) in the top 100 for a game on expert! currently 94th
These Three:

as well as Sharp Dressed Man and Cochise. Pretty productive hour and a half, and the funny thing is that the 2 songs in the 1st tier were that hardest. Got Iron Man and Sharp Dressed man on my first try, Smoke on the Water after about maybe 5 tries, Cochise about 7 (stupid strumming rhythm >_>) and god only knows how long TK65. Not too long though, only once choked the triplets but the first fast bit took me ages to hit again. This brings me to 25/47 - half game FC + 121st place! Thanks for any replies

First things first, BEST CHART IN THE SERIES.
I was playing this a bit yesterday, had a 100% with 3 overstrum (1 because i'm a retard, 2 due to trying to whammy lol) And my face was literally O___O. It was crazy.
Then today I worked on it, thinking it would be an age before I could FC the song. 4 runs later, I did it. Score's not great because I missed a load of whammy due to being cautious about overstumming again :P
My face was literally O___________________O. It was freakin' crazy.
My best FC yet by a mile, pleeease post =D

EDIT: I'd also like to thank Jayhero - I was speaking to him yesterday and told him I had 19 GH1 FCs, to which he replied "You're better than that." I wanted to prove him right, and I don't think many people get this FC at 20 so I reckon i succeeded. Thanks man

Hell yeah! This song has been a pain for ages. Was practising Solo 3, and in true ATL style settled for alt-tapping. First run past the intro (lol) and I FCed. Nice.

Another for the list of ATL's random cool FCs - joining GH1 BatM on hard, Impulse and Nothing for me here, among others. No path of course, but it's a pretty cool song and a nice FC too =D First song of the day, as a warm up.

About an hour later this happened, in exactly the same manner :P awesome song, the kind of thing you could fall asleep to while lying on a lilo in Barbados - the chart is equally as fun as that too Here's the chart for those who aren't familiar with it.
Nice. =)

In the unrelated news section, I got a distinction in my grade 5 alto sax exam.

Yeah, haven't been playing too much in a while, have been pretty busy. Spent about an hour on this this morning, FCed i think 8 times past the first solo to get it, kept missing in the outro due to the stupid GRY-GYB transition. nice FC though, especially for the fact I never, ever missed in the first solo, at all. I did, however, keep screwing up random things from losing concentration >_>

It might be quite an easy achievement for a lot of people with similar abilities to me, but this is easily one of my longest-taking FCs. OK, I only played it for about 15 minutes today, but it's taken hours to get in total. And you know what? The first time I moved into 3rd position for the in the solo, I got the FC. Pretty cool :P Then tried Frankenstein but it turns out that I've got a whole lot worse at that song maybe later.

So, if you haven't seen my thread before, you might be thinking "Meh this guy isn't that good". If you have, you might be thinking "I thought he would have got this one by now - why's he so excited?"

Why? the bridges. I can alt strum fine, and that speed isn't difficult at all. But as someone who's been quite musical for a long time (ok, like 6 years, but that's almost half of my life >_>) I guess my brain is always trying to strum a rhythm which it likes, that's on-beat and in-time. My brain hates these bridges. So I decided to sit down and have a chat with my brain, and told him that if we looked at the chart together and figured out how many downstrums my right hand needed to do per beat, it might help. And it did, but then me and my brain, now a team, hand to convince my right hand to start on an upstrum so it didn't confuse the crap out of my (rather less intelligent) left hand. My right hand doesn't like this particular motion but seeing as he has to spend his entire life around me, my brain and my left hand, he decided to give it a shot. And, what can I say? I like my right hand even more now for his outstanding effort, and also my left hand for his participation. Thanks hands, thanks brain, and thanks to The Who for this god-awful song. This is actually the most excited I've ever been for an FC :P

I'm shaaaaaking sooo much. arrhg5rhgrhgrhg! Random run, first FC of the solo. I was missing random stuff like the chorus chord changes a couple of runs before this, and them BAAAA(T)M. This is so so random. Score's low cos I only learnt path up to the solo - that's how unprepared I was. + I don't think I've ever FCed from after the solo till the end before. GH1H FC no. 27 (ROFL) wooah. Very tempted to call this my best, and definitely my most random, FC ever. Another really cool thing is that this was my first play through of this career, and this was my first full run of the song, so it did the whole "You've beaten Guitar Hero on Hard!!!" thing. Epic.
ZOMG!!! This was crazy. Sorry RichardGHP, but I think you might have lost this weeks' songs.
Score was 284527, which isn't bad considering I forgot the penultimate activation :P
I don't have pic of the newspaper, but I do have one of the ending stats with all the scores. I actually beat Elite in 2 songs, (by fluke + knowing path when he didn't) Which were NFMH and Stricken
Yay, got Raw Dog first try today after trying unsuccessfully for at least 30 minutes yesterday. The other two are kinda meh, didn't take as much effort. More coming soon, and please suggest others I should try. Please post as well, because Tesuch definitely isn't going to waste his super - awesome 2000th here :P

As some of you will know, yesterday Master Tesuch got an XBL account. So I added him, and after a few songs we decided to try to Co-Op FC Stricken, him on guitar, me on bass. There must have been a glitch or something, because he missed , so we swapped over. I missed twice before the solo, FCed the solo, then missed once after. Then on the stats screen it said 100% I'd overstrummed three times! Then we did CoP (me on Bass, Tesuch on Guitar), and at the start both of us said "Right, let's Co-Op FC this." and because Tesuch is a beast, and I managed not to choke, we did. Not very impressive really on my part, but it's an accomplishment for me nonetheless. Also we managed to get over 1,000,000 points on DWDTG and TTFAF in Co-Op, which was cool as well. Fun time, thanks Tesuch

Then this morning I decided to actually try a few times for Stricken. It took a little longer than my cocky self would like to have thought, but I got it and the score wasn't as bad as it could have been. GH3 FC no.35, half the on-disk songs

Woah, awesome run. What's cool is that I know I can still get more, as I missed quite a few times I shouldn't have. Also my last highscore on this was 567K, so yeah, awesome run for me . Also choked Stricken in the last section earlier, not too bothered as I can FC the solo most of the time now.
I'm going to try to FC half of the songs in GH1, GH2, GH80s and GH3.
This means:
24 FCs in GH1 (Currently 19)
32 FCs in GH2 (Currently 27)
15 FCs in GH80s (Currently 16)
35 FCs in GH3 (Currently 39)
Overall: 106 FCs (Currently 101)
And I may try to do the same with GHA and GH:WT afterwards.

List of FCs: (these are not in the right order)
GH1:
1) I Love Rock and Roll
2) I Wanna be Sedated
3) Infected
4) More Than a Feeling
5) Take Me Out
6) Killer Queen
7) Hey You
8) Stellar
9) Heart Full of Black
10) Fat Lip
11) Unsung
12) Caveman Rejoice
13) Eureka, I've Found Love
14) Behind the Mask
15) Callout
16) Even Rats
17) Hey
18) Sail Your Ship By
19) Story of My Love

GH2:
1) Shout at the Devil
2) Mother
3) Surrender
4) Heart-Shaped Box
5) Message in a Bottle
6) Monkey Wrench
7) Cherry Pie
8) Girlfriend
9) Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
10) John the Fisherman
11) Last Child
12) Elephant Bones
13) Mr. Fix It
14) Parasite
15) Radium Eyes
16) Red Lottery
17) Soy Bomb
18) X-Stream
19) Yes We Can
20) Carry on Wayward Son
21) Stop
22) Raw Dog
23) Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heat
24) Strutter
25) Laughtrack
26) Collide
27) Who Was in my Room Last Night

GH:80's
1) Wrathchild
2) We Got the Beat
3) I Ran (So Far Away)
4) Balls to the Wall
5) 18 And Life
6) Shakin'
7) Heat of the Moment
8) Holy Diver
9) Turning Japanese
10) Hold on Loosely
11) The Warrior
12) What I Like About You
13) Only A Lad
14) Lonely is the Night
15) Bathroom Wall
16) Los Angeles

GH3:
1) Slow Ride
2) Talk Dirty To Me
3) Hit Me With Your Best Shot
4) Story of my Life
5) Rock and Roll All Nite
6) Mississippi Queen
7) School's Out
8) Sunshine of Your Love
9) Barracuda
10) Bulls on Parade
11) When You Were Young
12) Miss Murder
13) Lay Down
14) Paint it Black
15) Paranoid
16) Anarchy in the U.K
17) My Name is Jonas
18) Even Flow
19) Same Old Song and Dance
20) La Grange
21) Welcome to the Jungle
22) The Metal
23) Sabotage
24) Reptilia
25) Can't Be Saved
26) Closer
27) Generation Rock
28) Impulse
29) In Love
30) Metal Heavy Lady
31) Radio Song
32) Ruby
33) Avalancha
34) She Bangs the Drums
35) Stricken
36) Hier Kommt Alex
37) Minus Celsius
38) Nothing For Me Here
39) The Seeker
Toxicity FC:
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5RVtKoxwPY&fmt=18
The video's low quality and out of sync. What can we do Easy FC, but wanted a reason to bump this thread and post a video :P Please post

Woah. Well, I was inspired by Master-tesuch's BiM FC, and decided to try to FC something cool. And in my opinion, this song's about as cool as they come. So I did a few runs, and kept missing in the intro, and eventually decided just to go ahead with a run. And this happened. But I'm gonna keep trying - the FC is close.
No Picture didn't think to take one. Anyway, that doesn't matter! I've gotten Guitar God on GH2X, so now I've guitar "godded" (lol that's not a verb) GH1X, GH2X, GH80'sX, GH3X, GHAX AND GHWTXG! So my only remaining on-disk 5 star in my GH collection is Fight Fire With Fire, and I'm pretty sure I won't get that one for a long while. They say it's the "The Way It Ends" of GH:M, but I think it's much harder. The only place I can hold a combo is in the solos! But I'm gonna go play that song now, see what I can manage.
Well, I haven't updated this for a while, so I think I've got four different accomplishments I'd like to add here

Firstly the more recent one, just got this. Seriously, this run was INSANELY good for me. Just to give you an idea, my previous high score on this song was 388K. Yeah.

This was pretty mad too. The run I actually thought was quite terrible, but I guess that Note streak pretty much speaks for itself. One more Expert 5* in this game, (Jordan of course), which I'd get easily if i could pass it consistently

This picture just pretty much represents that I've been working on GH1X, but it was actually a really good run, probably about -2. I've hit every section of this song. It is, without a doubt, my favourite chart in the whole series. In this particular run, I could have easily had 305K+ but forgot 2nd to last activation .
My GH1X scores are here (currently 115th): http://www.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=315808&group=1&game=1&diff=4

Finally, and no picture proof of this, I've FCed all the solos in Rock of Ages (GH3X DLC). I might go for the FC if I get consistent enough with the very last part.

Last edited by ArmourTheLlama on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:33 pm; edited 75 times in total
Zoidy90  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an epic feeling FCing Impulse. IMO the best chart in GH3X. And that score isn't half bad either.
scurty  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt the same way you did when I FCed BMW, lol, I didn't know what to think. I would love to FC Impulse, such an awesome song, but I'm nowhere near that skill level yet. Sweet job man, keep it up!
tf93  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, i love when i have those random WTF kind of FCs, they are the best.
Yewb wrote:
Are you sure you actually played better, or did you just think you played better because... you know... you were ON COCAINE?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 103244300504
Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude. THAT IS AWESOME!!! Impulse is a awesome song, and I was stuck on the same part as you (I had only FC'ed it once before I FC'ed the whole song), and we both FC'ed it pretty randomly, great job!

What's up with you England peoples being in school? Is it year-round there, or are you at some special school for geniuses, or what? You should make a vid where you talk so we can hear your Brit-ich accent!

<----- One of the hardest banners to earn on ScoreHero!!! The story is pretty good anyway, go ahead, give it a try!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Master Tesuch
Reptile003  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, this FC is still impressive haha

such a sick song, i remember my fc run my hand was randomly hitting buttons and I hit Psychotic Breakdown.. and i was like, WTF FC?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Same thing happened with me
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG ATL HAS AN ACCOMPLISHMENTS THREAD. YESSSS

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
ArmourTheLlama  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your posts so far everyone
Also bump for new update.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duuuuuuuude, I cannot tap descending triplets at all, great job! That NS is insane...22 NPS, you say? That's like...fast. Really fast. Have you tried tapping the ascending triplets with several different methods? Seems like the ascendings would be easier than the descendings, but that's just my opinion.

<----- One of the hardest banners to earn on ScoreHero!!! The story is pretty good anyway, go ahead, give it a try!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Master Tesuch
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All your FCs are so random and awesme. EE? Random. Impulse? Random. But AWESOME!!!!!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
ArmourTheLlama  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master-Tesuch wrote:
Duuuuuuuude, I cannot tap descending triplets at all, great job! That NS is insane...22 NPS, you say? That's like...fast. Really fast. Have you tried tapping the ascending triplets with several different methods? Seems like the ascendings would be easier than the descendings, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks, I tap the triplets like this: (always anchoring lowest note of course. and the red numbers are the tapping fingers)

2 1 1 3 2 1 2 1 1 3 2 1

Or for the other pattern:

3 1 1 4 2 1 3 1 1 4 2 1

And just shift that down for the and triplets. As for ascending triplets, I haven't tried different methods. Whenever I try to tap ascendings I just miss all the time and that doesn't make me a happy bunny. I should probably try to learn to tap them though.

Quote:
All your FCs are so random and awesme. EE? Random. Impulse? Random. But AWESOME!!!!!

Yeah, but this is because I absolutely hate grinding songs working for FCs, so when I do FC something difficult it's always a surprise to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES YES YES YES YES.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big lol at TWIE being your last 5 star!
Good job on the TTFAF 5 star, that song is a beast. It's the only song I can't 5 star in GH3 (including all DLC too) GRR i hate that song!!
GenericName  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, TTFAF before TWiE?...

That's weird. I still can't 5* TTFAF, and I've had everything else 5*'d for.. a while.

Nice job anyway, I can't see myself 5*-ing TTFAF any time soon...

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: