ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero II - 360 is up!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
Hey, I was wondering if we are allowed to post the same scores for the songs that are on the PS2 version of GH2 as 360 GH2, because I'm going to get scores for the extra 10 songs from my friend's copy of the game, but I don't have time to get new scores for all the rest.

PS2 scores are submitted for the PS2 version of Guitar Hero 2

Xbox 360 scores are submitted for the Xbox 360 version of Guitar Hero 2

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
clooficarus  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just one more hour lol
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, nice work JC. much appreciated... now to actually get my hands on the game.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SynysterGates wrote:
Better hope Barfo gets the game or else you guys are screwed for the cutoffs.

I dont have a 360 and i doubt i'll get one before this xmas (if then, i might just go PS3 based on what the software support looks like at this time). So it is very very unlikely ill be getting this game at all. The only friend i know with a 360 lives about 2 hours away and i drive up there every once in a while to hang out, probably next time in may - if he gets the game, a few days before i know im visiting ill post up an advance requests thread and hopefully get a couple of proofs done, whatever the highest priority songs are.

Also to whoever asked the "total notes" question, thats intentionally disabled since there is no longer any need for total notes proofs in GH2 (PS2 version also) as it tells you the total notes in the more stats screen.
Ibanezguy350  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:
I would give the nice admins a chance to see how the game actually handles downloadable content before quizzing them about how the site will deal with it

In other news, I think this is the first x360 FC reported to scorehero.

whoa. the graphics on that pic kind of surprised me. Possum Kingdom kind of threw me off too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Scores Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
McGee wrote:
Hey, I was wondering if we are allowed to post the same scores for the songs that are on the PS2 version of GH2 as 360 GH2, because I'm going to get scores for the extra 10 songs from my friend's copy of the game, but I don't have time to get new scores for all the rest.

PS2 scores are submitted for the PS2 version of Guitar Hero 2

Xbox 360 scores are submitted for the Xbox 360 version of Guitar Hero 2

I was going to ask something along these lines... Do we know yet if like Surrender on Hard on the PS2 is different from Surrender on Hard on the XBox 360? Cause if they're different, I can understand having a whole separate re-listing of all the standard GH2 songs (not including the 10 extra tracks). But if they're the same note charts and same score cut-offs...shouldn't those 10 extra tracks just go on the Guitar Hero II page, at the bottom like the GH2 Demo did on the GH1 page?

EDIT: "YES I KNOW THE TIERS ARE DIFFERENT, BUT BEAR WITH ME"

I somehow see the response to this being: "Well...we don't know yet that all the charts and cut-offs are exactly the same yet..." I guess another difference could be technology if anybody notices a difference in overall gameplay versus the PS2.

So basically if everything's the same, then people who don't have a 360 yet, will want to use their PS2 scores to post in the 360 page, just to have a place in the 360 rankings with everyone else. Which then makes it seem like a waste of server space to have all the standard GH2 songs listed twice. Know what I'm sayin?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Scores Reply with quote

BJMarch58 wrote:
But if they're the same note charts and same score cut-offs...

I somehow see the response to this being: "Well...we don't know yet that all the charts and cut-offs are exactly the same yet..." I guess another difference could be technology if anybody notices a difference in overall gameplay versus the PS2.

The controller is demonstrably different, so on the basis of that alone (even before calculating the as-yet-unknown other factors that also will be different) its a no-brainer that the scores should be kept separately, just for clarity's sake. People who want to enter scores for 360 should have played that score on the 360, its as simple as that, thats the basic idea of SH. I can no more add PS2 scores to 360 cause im waiting to buy it (or have it shipped) then i could have entered OPM demo (or 10 song store demo CDs) scores on the day of release into the GH2 charts. Thats just my $0.02

(Maybe if GH3 is a simultaneous release of multiple versions that are demonstrably the same it would be possible to have a integrated scoreboard for that, you gotta figure JC will cross that bridge when it presents itself, however).
Riz  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Scores Reply with quote

BJMarch58 wrote:
So basically if everything's the same, then people who don't have a 360 yet, will want to use their PS2 scores to post in the 360 page, just to have a place in the 360 rankings with everyone else. Which then makes it seem like a waste of server space to have all the standard GH2 songs listed twice. Know what I'm sayin?

Yes, I know what you, and the previous poster of the similar question, are saying. Here's what we're saying: DO NOT DO THIS. If you do not own and play the 360 version of the game, then do not post scores to the scorekeeping system for that game. Numerous charts have changed. Some haven't, but that's irrelevant. For the purposes of the scorekeeping system here on ScoreHero, they are completely separate games. Even if a given song on a given difficulty is later proven to be exactly the same chart, still don't do it. If you did not achieve a score for whatever song on the 360, then you should not be posting it to the 360 scorekeeping system, period.

We will probably exercise some degree of leniency, if people are found to be copying their PS2 scores over to the 360 scores... we will likely just wipe all of their 360 scores, for a first offence, and remind the user by PM not to do this. If they persist, however, we will definitely ban people over this. Posting scores to the 360 scorekeeping system that were not achieved on the 360 is cheating, and just like any other form of cheating, we take a dim view of that here. As always, we rely on people being honest about what they're doing... so just don't do it.

Riz.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Scores Reply with quote

Riz wrote:
Yes, I know what you, and the previous poster of the similar question, are saying. Here's what we're saying: DO NOT DO THIS.

Fair enough lol Thanks Riz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does the xbox 360 version get so many better songs like rock and roll hoochie koo and the trooper
i think that there shuld be like an expansion disc for gh2 on ps2

thedrunkenkovinc wrote:
"That IS how ScoreHero...much more than WoWHero...fucking pussy WoW......do it."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
pata70  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
Also to whoever asked the "total notes" question, thats intentionally disabled since there is no longer any need for total notes proofs in GH2 (PS2 version also) as it tells you the total notes in the more stats screen.

Someone will need to update the Song Stats pages though... they are currently empty for the Total Notes.
pata70  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should the Recent Scores table on the home page be updated to add a "Game" column?
MLafer  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there should be a spot on the XBox manage scores screen where you can enter your Gamertag. It would make it easy to verify top scores and would also allow people to see how well Scorehero is dominating the charts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLafer wrote:
I think there should be a spot on the XBox manage scores screen where you can enter your Gamertag. It would make it easy to verify top scores and would also allow people to see how well Scorehero is dominating the charts.

That's an interesting idea. Or maybe just in your profile page. There certainly are some benefits to knowing that relationship. I'll put it on The List.

Riz.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Total Notes values still need to be updated, a game/platform indication needs to be added to the front page, and I still need to specify rhythm/bass parts for the coop parts of all the songs (right now on the coop score submissions, it will always say "Bass" even if it should be Rhythm). I also still need to add integration into the sig images. Soon enough it will all be done.

EDIT: I like the gamertag suggestion, I will look into that once I finish the above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: