ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero II - 360 is up!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLafer wrote:
I think there should be a spot on the XBox manage scores screen where you can enter your Gamertag. It would make it easy to verify top scores and would also allow people to see how well Scorehero is dominating the charts.

I agree - I like it too.

Another step for Scorehero would be integration like this. Next-Gen systems are the future, and incorporating things like GamerTags, are a nice step in keeping Scorehero the best GH community around.

Visit www.rockoutproductions.com to see what all the buzz is about
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
McGee  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Scores Reply with quote

Riz wrote:
BJMarch58 wrote:
So basically if everything's the same, then people who don't have a 360 yet, will want to use their PS2 scores to post in the 360 page, just to have a place in the 360 rankings with everyone else. Which then makes it seem like a waste of server space to have all the standard GH2 songs listed twice. Know what I'm sayin?

Yes, I know what you, and the previous poster of the similar question, are saying. Here's what we're saying: DO NOT DO THIS. If you do not own and play the 360 version of the game, then do not post scores to the scorekeeping system for that game. Numerous charts have changed. Some haven't, but that's irrelevant. For the purposes of the scorekeeping system here on ScoreHero, they are completely separate games. Even if a given song on a given difficulty is later proven to be exactly the same chart, still don't do it. If you did not achieve a score for whatever song on the 360, then you should not be posting it to the 360 scorekeeping system, period.

We will probably exercise some degree of leniency, if people are found to be copying their PS2 scores over to the 360 scores... we will likely just wipe all of their 360 scores, for a first offence, and remind the user by PM not to do this. If they persist, however, we will definitely ban people over this. Posting scores to the 360 scorekeeping system that were not achieved on the 360 is cheating, and just like any other form of cheating, we take a dim view of that here. As always, we rely on people being honest about what they're doing... so just don't do it.

Riz.

All right, fine then *sigh* I guess I'll just post my scores for the 10 new songs....
BTW, if you see any good scores on the 360 leaderboards from Serac, they're me playing on my friend's 360.
Deschain  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:
I would give the nice admins a chance to see how the game actually handles downloadable content before quizzing them about how the site will deal with it

A valid argument. Sorry, I was just really excited about the release, and wasn't being considerate.
On the other hand, condescension for the loss, friend.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
pata70  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for admins: If I included a link to a picture when I submit a score in Manage Scores, would it automatically count as a Submit Proof for the Song Stats, or does it have to be done separately?
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pata70 wrote:
Question for admins: If I included a link to a picture when I submit a score in Manage Scores, would it automatically count as a Submit Proof for the Song Stats, or does it have to be done separately?

yes, if you score is smaller than the current range of proofs then your picture will be submitted automatically.... I don't have to be an admin to know this.
pata70  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more questions from a new user... sorry if the answers are already elsewhere, I looked...

1) If I already submitted some scores without a Picture Link, is there a way to add it later?

2) If I'm going to submit proofs for cutoffs from scores that I've already submitted, is there a way to link the two?

3) If a 4-star score is currently within the cutoff range for both high of 4-star and low of 5-star, do I need to submit it as proof for both cutoffs separately? (I guess same question applies for 3-star and 5-star scores when there is no current 4-star in the cutoff range)

4) Should I keep the proofs on the picture hosting site forever or can I delete them once the cutoff range has been narrowed further?
Riz  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pata70 wrote:
Some more questions from a new user... sorry if the answers are already elsewhere, I looked...

1) If I already submitted some scores without a Picture Link, is there a way to add it later?

No. This is a feature that's been requested, but for now, the best workaround is just to delete your previous submission, and re-submit it with the picture link. This has other benefits as well, see below...

Quote:
2) If I'm going to submit proofs for cutoffs from scores that I've already submitted, is there a way to link the two?

Yes, if you need to submit manually, you can do so from Home -> Song Stats -> <Stat> -> <Game> -> <Difficulty> and then use the "Submit Proof" link beside the appropriate song.

Quote:
3) If a 4-star score is currently within the cutoff range for both high of 4-star and low of 5-star, do I need to submit it as proof for both cutoffs separately? (I guess same question applies for 3-star and 5-star scores when there is no current 4-star in the cutoff range)

Yes. Note that if you delete the score and re-submit it with the pic, the submission system will automatically queue a proof request for *all* proofs that score would apply to, making it quite a time saver.

Quote:
4) Should I keep the proofs on the picture hosting site forever or can I delete them once the cutoff range has been narrowed further?

We would very much appreciate if you would maintain the pics indefinitely, to provide a history to the proof process. Please try to pick a picture hosting service that will not automatically delete the file after a period of time or a period of inactivity.

Riz.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Another question... if the Scoring System FAQ explains how cutoffs are calculated, why is there a need to measure them? Could they be extracted and calculated from the game data?
Riz  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pata70 wrote:
Thanks!

Another question... if the Scoring System FAQ explains how cutoffs are calculated, why is there a need to measure them? Could they be extracted and calculated from the game data?

In theory, yes. In fact, in the process of proving cutoffs from earlier games, one of our users (Riff) did in fact calculate approximations of the cutoff scores from the chart data in the game archive. As you will see if you dig through the various proofs threads around the forums however, sometimes, these estimates proved to be close, but not 100% accurate. By the nature of "proof", these numbers must be proven through direct gameplay experience, which is why we collect the images and narrow down the scores via direct gameplay. Only then can we be 100% sure that we have the correct numbers.

Riz.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice "Sys" column on the front page now!
pata70  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More more questions (I'm addicted to this site!)

1) Is it required that a song has the precise cutoff confirmed before the site starts to award 6* 7* 8* ratings? (I guess so...)

2) Could you use help from the community to compile the Total Notes for each song and difficulty from the More Stats pages, or do you guys prefer to do it yourselves?

3) Why is there no Total Notes for Co-op? (edit: never mind, I just read the Co-op sticky)

4) As I mentioned in the Compare to Top Scores sticky thread, there is a bug with this page until all songs have at least one score submitted. It's fine already for Hard and Expert, but not yet for Easy and Medium. Do you want to: a) fix the bug in the web code, b) let it ride until it gets solved by itself from enough score submissions, c) enter dummy zero scores, or d) I volunteer to enter dummy zero scores under my stats, to be deleted once I submit a real score. Your choice
Riz  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Yes.
2) I donno, I think it's covered. I'll let JC say so if not.
4) With all the stuff still in the queue (of arguably higher priority) I suspect that JC will just let it sit until it resolves itself by virtue of scores being entered for everything. Submitting 0 scores is pointless, because the system automatically deletes them on a regular basis.

Riz.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will it be possible sometime in the future to compare my PS2 scores with someones 360 scores? eventually, some people will stop posting scores for the PS2 version of GHII and only post scores for the 360 version. it would be really tedious having to go back and forth from page to page and compare my PS2 scores with someone that chooses to stop posting scores for PS2 and only does it for the 360.

Just something to take into consideration.....

GH GOALS (EXPERT):
20 mil (GH2)
Top 100 (GH 80s)
20.5 mil (GH3)
TheCustodian  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that people will completely stop entering scores from the Ps2 version in favor of the 360. Sure, this will be the case initially: there are a lot less scores for the 360 version. Something that would get you a 300+ score on the Ps2 might land you in the top 100 for the 360. There are just less competitors. But I think as more people get the 360, the Ps2 version will still have some life. I think that if you want to get really competitive with your scores (squeezing, etc) then you'll need the Ps2 button or some sort of mod for the X-plorer, since the Select button there is essentially nonexistent.
Riz  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there will not be any mechanism to compare 360 scores to PS2 scores, because fundamentally, they are not comparable. In the case of individual songs, they are frequently different charts, or the same chart with different star power arrangements, or whatever. In the case of totals by tier, and overall total, they are obviously completely different games entirely. And really, that last is really the summation of the situation from the site's perspective... they are two completely different, totally separate games, despite any similarities.

Riz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: