ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Some Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Some Questions Reply with quote

This game piqued my interest from the start. It was the dark horse in the rhythm game race and it didn't even contend; hell, the casual gamer hasn't even heard of it. There aren't any master tracks, but there are some good songs (Holy Wars) that haven't been in the other games yet.

I haven't bought it yet, but I think I might soon, and I'm wondering if anyone has taken the time to get some FC's on it. I know that there are different ratings on how well you hit a note, does not getting the best rating break your combo? Is getting FC's straightforward, or is it like on GHWT Vox?

All help is appreciated.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's good and perfect ratings on the notes, your combo goes up for either. However, the multiplier counter only goes up on perfects. So yes, you can FC without PC (perfect combo), you just will have a possibly significantly lower score.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I ended up buying the game and I like it. The vertical scroll makes it very hard to read the speed of fast strumming though, so that's been my one issue when trying to FC harder songs.

I was surprised to see practice mode, with speeds no less, I figured that would've been left out. But I'm very glad to see it there.
youhas  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said, yep, getting full combos is pretty straightforward - hitting with "good" timing doesn't break your streak. (Getting all perfects would be something of an additional challenge - pretty sure that even with all the lag-tweaking I did, I never got one of those.) "Perfects" are both worth more than "Goods", and Goods don't increase your multiplier, so the scores from two FC runs can vary pretty wildly.

If you're looking for some sort of super-competitive "I want to have the highest score in the world!" challenge, there's not a lot of strategy involved - "hit every note perfectly and always insta-activate when you get 'star power' or whatever they call it" is all there is to it, I think. Might be a touch underwhelming. If you're just looking for a personal "I want to hit all the notes without breaking combo" challenge, then this is a perfectly acceptable and inexpensive game for you to go racking up some fun FC action.

Hope that helps!

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as long as your "Atmosphere Meter" or whatever it is is full the "Star Power" is worth the same? That's another thing I'm not clear on.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a straight some_value * multiplier addition to your score. (So, obviously, do it when you have 8x, but don't wait too long because it might cost you another one at the end.)

If you're FCing the song (with a good amount of perfects), just activate immediately, and you'll get the higest score you can get.

The practice mode is amazing -- it keeps track of your highest percentage on each section (including from realy runs), and will use that data to tell you where you suck and should practice. :P (Or maybe it's from the last run, I haven't played with it that much -- but even then, it's amazingly helpful.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
It's a straight some_value * multiplier addition to your score. (So, obviously, do it when you have 8x, but don't wait too long because it might cost you another one at the end.)

If you're FCing the song (with a good amount of perfects), just activate immediately, and you'll get the higest score you can get.

The practice mode is amazing -- it keeps track of your highest percentage on each section (including from realy runs), and will use that data to tell you where you suck and should practice. :P (Or maybe it's from the last run, I haven't played with it that much -- but even then, it's amazingly helpful.)

Yeah I noticed that with the section percentages. It even gives you a "suggested section" based on your last run of the song.

Progress: 20/42, Last: Love Bites (So Do I) (9th ever FC cross-platform!)

Best FCs-
FCPREMIX, TtL CoD, CoP, NotB (GH3), RtL, Wasted Years, Peace Sells (RB)
Gnarshred  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anybody know what that white note that shows up when i'm playing on the Rock Band drum kit?
it's next to the kick pedal and i have no idea how to hit it.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into Options from the main menu and poke around until you find the 5-lane/7-lane drum option and toggle it to 5.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
Go into Options from the main menu and poke around until you find the 5-lane/7-lane drum option and toggle it to 5.

Thank you! I tried drumming a while ago, but got bored because I would only play on beginner because I was confused about the extra lanes. Maybe I'll actually go back and finish the drum career now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: