ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
65,000 on Stone Cold Crazy..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missykitty  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: 65,000 on Stone Cold Crazy.. Reply with quote

I want to get this achievement in gh metallica, and I was wondering if people have advice.

I got 123,000 on Beat It from WT, (145,000 actually), and so I know the basics of what ill need to do.

Overall i guess if anyone knows the key notes to hit during freeform that's what I want to know, if there's any other helpful tips please post.

thanks!
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a video of 80K here (though my current high is something like 116K) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMduuR2bqzI

Hopefully that should help you on the freestyles, although the ones in that vid aren't as good as they could've been. The key is having a combo and starpower into the freestyle, so I'd hit up practice mode and learn how to sing "stone cold crazy, you know" pretty well. I've played this song like a thousand times and I still can't hit them always.

Good luck! This one is a lot tougher than the Beat It achievement. I've gotten numerous offers on XBL to get people the ach. in exchange for MS points.

Edit: Ah yes, you can get it on Medium too. But don't tell the achievement whores who are offering to pay me monies for it that <____________<

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it after listening to GuitarHailz's video and this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ51bo_iQvM&feature=related

I got the achievement on Medium. I got one strong in the first verse, but had a 4x going into the second free style section. I FCed the 2nd verse and chorus and got back to back strongs in the third verse/chorus. Everything else was excellent.

Activations:
1. Immediately when available in the first verse.
2. Just as the 2nd Freestyle is about to end.
3. Just as the 3rd Freestyle is about to end.
4. Immediately when available in the third verse.

I found that activating before the game calculates scores for the freestlyes gives you big point boosts. Example: Base score 2,000 x 4 x 2 with SP = 16,000 points. Do that during the second and third Freestyles, and there's 32,000 points righ there. It's important to be able to combo the "Stone Cold Crazy you know" parts so that you'll be able to have a full mutiplier for the freestyles.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shhhhh

i cant even get 5 stars on easy on this one, guess i'll have a hard time getting this achievement !

EDIT: barely got 5 stars, lol wut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yea im almost wishing someone would post audio of themselves singing/humming it and getting 65k, or even like MIDI file of vocal track
BigFatBob  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should also practice the "Hit 'em hard" phrase. It's extremely important since it's the phrase right before the third freeform. It, along with the "Stone cold crazy, you know" phrases are key to getting the most points out of those freeforms. The hit 'em hard one was significantly harder than the stone cold crazy you knows. I was able to get the latter in about 3 tries out of 4, but the former I could only get like...1 out of 10 tries.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually need to check how freeform works, i just started vocal career.
i'm getting a hard time knowing what i exactly need to do in freeform.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
i actually need to check how freeform works, i just started vocal career.
i'm getting a hard time knowing what i exactly need to do in freeform.

Basically, you have two values, the score and the multiplier. Sing a note, and you'll start to gain points. Hold that note for a given length of time, and your multiplier will increase. The best way to go about the freeform sections is to find and hold a note just long enough to increase your multiplier, then switch to a higher or lower note, get the multiplier increase from it, find a new one, and so on. The freeform engine registers notes at a number of different pitches, but at the same time, it's really picky on what it'll register. It'll refuse to register the note you're singing if you're even the slightest bit flat or sharp, so it may take quite a bit of experimenting to find a method suitable for you. Listen to how Hailz does her freeforms. They're pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: