ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Calling all Manchester UK Players
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilo95  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Calling all Manchester UK Players Reply with quote

Hey fellow Mancunians:

For those of you that don't know, the HMV on Market Street have a monthly Guitar Hero competition, with a £50 prize each month... On the games, GH3, GHWT, RB2 and I THINK RB as well.

You can play the game there at any time the store is open. There are one or two very strong players there already but I would love to see some more of ScoreHero's finest.

If anyone is planning on going please write on this thread or PM me so we can meet-up there or something.

Looking forward to meeting some players IRL!!

Last edited by lilo95 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
GesterX  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwh dammit £50 would probably only cover my costs to travel up and back down again
Muckytears  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how does prizing work ? is it like highest score after the month is finishef ?

Oatzem  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa whoa whoa!

When is it on?!

I want in! Who are the strong players?
gamerbase  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

My name is Chris from gamerbase Manchester, located in the basement of the big HMV on Market Street, Manchester....

Its TRUE!

we have a monthly guitar hero/rockband score attack competition in place, for more details come and speak to us in store, but for this months tournament we have:

Guitar Hero: World Tour
The Living End - Prisoner of Society

Guitar Hero: Metallica
Metallica - Seek and Destroy

Rock Band
Metallica - Enter Sandman

Rock Band 2
Ratt - Round and Round

To play in our tournament all you need is an account with gaming credit on, you can spend as much time as you like setting your highest score! We use xbox 360's for these games, with 26" monitors that have absolutely no latency issues... it's awesome!

If there's enough interest, we'll also host Pro Face Off head to head tournaments, if anyone would like to help drum up interest in this, then talk to me in store

Regards,
Chris aka Smile
gamerbase manchester
www.gamerbase.com
Muckytears  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamerbase wrote:
Hello!

My name is Chris from gamerbase Manchester, located in the basement of the big HMV on Market Street, Manchester....

Its TRUE!

we have a monthly guitar hero/rockband score attack competition in place, for more details come and speak to us in store, but for this months tournament we have:

Guitar Hero: World Tour
The Living End - Prisoner of Society

Guitar Hero: Metallica
Metallica - Seek and Destroy

Rock Band
Metallica - Enter Sandman

Rock Band 2
Ratt - Round and Round

To play in our tournament all you need is an account with gaming credit on, you can spend as much time as you like setting your highest score! We use xbox 360's for these games, with 26" monitors that have absolutely no latency issues... it's awesome!

If there's enough interest, we'll also host Pro Face Off head to head tournaments, if anyone would like to help drum up interest in this, then talk to me in store

Regards,
Chris aka Smile
gamerbase manchester
www.gamerbase.com

what instruments ? and are ther any teams based tournaments ?
also does it matter if you don't live in manchester? im in blackpool so its only like an hour drive. plus what are prizes and what are the current best players like

gamerbase  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its on Expert Guitar, only modifications allowed are Hyperspeed/breakneck if wanted.

We will reinstate the team based competitions if people would like to compete in them, only real problem is theres not as much interest... we did have a score table for 4 player band scores for a couple of months, but thought it best to pool the prize money into individual songs as they're much more popular.

We have £20 HMV voucher for 1st place, 4 hours gaming credit for 2nd and 1 hour credit for 3rd place. You can only win one prize for whichever your best result is (stops one person walking away with all 4 prizes)

We have a our resident expert players who post on here I believe but i'm not sure what they're usernames are... Andy - show your face

We're looking to increase prize money/prizes as soon as interest develops, with an intention to have Pro Face Off tournaments etc...

Chris.
Oatzem  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come no GH3? GH3 owns GHWT!

Oh, and how good are your 'expert' players? Im not sure if there is any point in my trying if theyre over the top good.
Ippikami  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamerbase wrote:
Its on Expert Guitar, only modifications allowed are Hyperspeed/breakneck if wanted.

We will reinstate the team based competitions if people would like to compete in them, only real problem is theres not as much interest... we did have a score table for 4 player band scores for a couple of months, but thought it best to pool the prize money into individual songs as they're much more popular.

We have £20 HMV voucher for 1st place, 4 hours gaming credit for 2nd and 1 hour credit for 3rd place. You can only win one prize for whichever your best result is (stops one person walking away with all 4 prizes)

We have a our resident expert players who post on here I believe but i'm not sure what they're usernames are... Andy - show your face

We're looking to increase prize money/prizes as soon as interest develops, with an intention to have Pro Face Off tournaments etc...

Chris.

The gamerbase website never mentions any of this stuff.

You should have some sort of event day. Would like to meet other expert rock band players (er.... f**k WT) and see if a band needs a vox artist.

edit: also contests that can involve an instrument that is not guitar. Show us drummers and vocalists some love.
gamerbase  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want GH3 - we'll do a GH3 top score if you like ... the majority of our gamers are playing World Tour so we're providing for whatever people want to play first... i'm well aware of how much GH3 'owns' GHWT ^_^

And like I said in the post, if you guys are interested in playing a pro face off tournament we'll get it started up, probably a fortnightly/monthly day where we invite GH/RB players to come down and battle it out - but it's only really worth setting this up if people are willing to come down for it, so post your interest here, on our forums or come in and talk to us about it - lets make it happen

... same with the drummers/vocalists etc, if we have interest we'll do it - i'm a drummer myself and its the reason I got into playing GH, but if no one else wants to play in it, we'd be paying a guy £20 a month to play for 5 minutes when we could put it into another GH3 song etc... we're here to cater for the community, what they ask for we'll supply - providing its the general voice of the community ^_^

... oh and if your mentality is to not bother unless you're guaranteed a win, then please - dont bother coming down, it's a competition, it's supposed to be competitive
yudlugar  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this on during the day. I'm going to have a day to kill in Manchester on Thursday so this would be ideal. If it is, anyone else free during the day?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamerbase wrote:
If you want GH3 - we'll do a GH3 top score if you like ... the majority of our gamers are playing World Tour so we're providing for whatever people want to play first... i'm well aware of how much GH3 'owns' GHWT ^_^
... oh and if your mentality is to not bother unless you're guaranteed a win, then please - dont bother coming down, it's a competition, it's supposed to be competitive

Yeah! So if i come down and play GH3, then what song would i need to play to be entered into the competition- basically, what is the chosen song?

And im not saying that, im just asking how good they are, just out of interest .
ukog-monkey  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im gonna have to have a go at this! I might pop down over the weekend some time
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ti monkey75 PSN Name: MonkeyOnABike
yudlugar  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukog-monkey wrote:
Im gonna have to have a go at this! I might pop down over the weekend some time

balls :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it would be good instead of having the monthly thing have a big tournament on one day every month. make 4 competitions, guitar, drums, vocals and full band. then base prizes on score and how u you perform on stage. it would be more fun and I would come to as many as i possibly could

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: