Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bone/Riddo: Quick update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope you don't have as many 100% OS runs on Decontrol as I did. Truly, that... was a painful time. Decontrol and Raining Blood are the only two songs that have made me just stop playing for months at a time. I'm excited to see this next update You are about ~85k ahead of me on GH2 and I'm about ~90k ahead of you on GH1. ~14k ahead on 80's and I'm ~7.6k ahead of you on GH3 lol. So I believe we both know what games we both need to work on :p but we're so very close to each other on that board. Just as 5th-9th are right now. Though, inb4 smoky comes and destroys us both.
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little late posting this, but holy crap this thread got super active after my last update. Thanks for the congratulations, dudes.

Oh and @psx: I might have surpassed you now, but it took me much longer to get there.

Anywho a quick update on my escapades: Decontrol 100% overstrum, in the 8th triplet section before the blue strumming streak of the solo. But on the bright side I increased my score by just under 200 points!

Also have done a few reduxes on GH2 to net ~6,000 extra points there, which moved me up to 10th overal, passing Lo7 (!!) and now less than 500 points from overtaking witwix of all people on the GH2X all console ranks. I was like 12 years old when I was following these guys dominating the leaderboards, it's kinda cool to be up there with them now, even if it is 10 years later. Oh and I should be somewhere in the vicinity of 5th/6th on the O211 leaderboard, come the next update.

As for now, I found my old PS2 copy of GH3 so I'm gonna give TTFAF/One a run on that (lol), my 360 guitars all have faulty strum bars currently. I don't expect to improve on One mainly because the fret action on my SG is kinda big compared to the WTars I have (i.e. button needs more pressing to register), makes it hard to alt tap effectively, but I've hit the red snake again on TTFAF for the first time in like a month so not having too many issues there. Let's see how this goes...

@Pinkie: I really hope I can avoid any more overstrums, but just because of how you have to play GH1, I feel like they're going to be inevitable. :P here's hoping you have some luck on your remaining GH2 songs, saw you have a BatH -2 recently, getting really close there. I'm quite enjoying this race of sorts (almost a rivalrly? Haha.) I'd be happy to swap my GH2 proficiency with your GH1 proficiency right now if you'd like >_<

GH1 FC's: 42/47 | GH2 FC's: 73/74 | 80's FC's: 29/30 | GH3 FC's: 68/70

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if we swapped you'd get 205/211 faster D: Though I would have Jordan/H18/BatH... if you throw BiM/BB skills in there I'll agree to a trade. :p But... I'm a bit sorry to tell you this but I finally redux'd franky...And I got 348k... (This post was started right before I started that run) so, for one of our rivalries/us both being insane at different games/you giving me that tiny little push I needed to finally knock out 200/211. Thank you for being awesome. I truly can't wait to see how many times we'll swap 5th place on the boards. Much love my friend <3. Also, I know what you mean of seeing people you followed when you were younger, and passing them in ranks. Like with my last redux I just bumped myself ahead of Strike o.O which I remember (I believe it was his stream) where he was grinding BB Solo 1B for hours/days/weeks lol. And I just passed him... which is insane. And your GH2 rank... is much more impressive in my eyes. You're ahead of the likes of Lo7/McSkinny/HellAshes/Rishi/Confury/F4/etc. And when you get troggy... That'd put you around 7th place. So when you get Troggy. You'll have 7th (most likely) on GH2, and I just hit 7th on GH1. So... if by some magical force, we swap our skills in those games. We would be... nearly tied on everything. I'm just thankful that 80's you're only like ~12-15k ahead of me, so I don't have to worry that much about that game, and its scores affecting the boards heavily.

Edit: Though I believe I'm going to go back to non-expert songs over on the blue side for a little bit, at least until I knock out RBB Medium Bass and finish off E-H on AC/DC bass. That franky redux... took me since around mid-June to now to get a score I was content with.
bushidox  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work with all this squeezing of late. You four: smoky/Pinkie/Bone/Vertigo going for new squeezes and increasing your scores got me thinking about oldest scores. After the rampages of k3227 on GH1, Jprez on GH80s and sheer exhaustive squeezing by the community on GH3, there are not many untied 1sts older than 2010 any more. The oldest two untied firsts left?

Don't Speak, a GH3 DLC track http://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?group=4&game=0&diff=4&song=1203&page=1&highlight=1 set on March 10th, 2008

and

YYZ, GH2 main setlist http://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?group=2&game=0&diff=4&song=624&page=1&highlight=1 set on May 14th, 2008

Pretty crazy we are coming up on 10 year anniversaries for those untied 1sts. Maybe someone can try to beat them? Good luck on your future goals. The race for 5th on the O211 board is interesting indeed!
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there was a video for that YYZ score. Just due to what act the extra 200 is coming from, as Fug mentions dropping ticks on the last act while the bigger squeeze score has the last act ending on not a hold. And Don't Speak... that last act is hard, just spent an hour or so going for it. Though... for some reason, I feel like ticks are possible on the first activation. We need someone who can whammy hopo's and gets insane front ends off them stat!

Edit: If Jprez keeps destroying scores, wouldn't surprise me if he destroyed YYZ, though looking at the UB path... that would be... absolutely scary insane if anyone pulled that off.
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
I wish there was a video for that YYZ score. Just due to what act the extra 200 is coming from, as Fug mentions dropping ticks on the last act while the bigger squeeze score has the last act ending on not a hold. And Don't Speak... that last act is hard, just spent an hour or so going for it. Though... for some reason, I feel like ticks are possible on the first activation. We need someone who can whammy hopo's and gets insane front ends off them stat!

Edit: If Jprez keeps destroying scores, wouldn't surprise me if he destroyed YYZ, though looking at the UB path... that would be... absolutely scary insane if anyone pulled that off.

I think getting the whammy for the last section can be kinda sketchy, so he might have had to hit the blue after the long orange sustain early and dropped ticks there. The path actually looks like you don't need the reverse tick squeeze on the 1st activation to get 1st. Hmm... I might be able to do something with this.

I have two new working 360 guitars now: a Metallica-tar that has a whammy bar with a mind of its own, and a GH5tar that has a slightly sticky strum bar and frets that need to be worn in. Also got two unopened faceplates with them which is cool, can replace the worn down ones when it inevitably happens. No more GH3 on the PS2 now, thank god.

EDIT: Hit the 2nd activation squeeze twice, but messed up the last act the first time and missed in solo D the second time. :headdesk:

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneDeath wrote:
PinkiePie91 wrote:
*snip*

I think getting the whammy for the last section can be kinda sketchy, so he might have had to hit the blue after the long orange sustain early and dropped ticks there. The path actually looks like you don't need the reverse tick squeeze on the 1st activation to get 1st. Hmm... I might be able to do something with this.

I have two new working 360 guitars now: a Metallica-tar that has a whammy bar with a mind of its own, and a GH5tar that has a slightly sticky strum bar and frets that need to be worn in. Also got two unopened faceplates with them which is cool, can replace the worn down ones when it inevitably happens. No more GH3 on the PS2 now, thank god.

EDIT: Hit the 2nd activation squeeze twice, but messed up the last act the first time and missed in solo D the second time. :headdesk:

Nice score on YYZ! I was always absolutely god awful on the first activation... absolutely hate reverse tick squeezes. I'm just happy that I got 290k whenever I redux'd it :p. I just re-read it, and... hmm. Have you hit the last act without dropping ticks, and I guess the ticks would come from the 5th act back-end? Though not dropping ticks on YYZ, espcially getting the full whammy from those chords at the end... is super hard. 99% sure I never got the full whammy. Yet I think I've got the ticks at least once lol. Presume you're using a (slightly) altered version of this path? If you are correct on not needing the reverse ticks on the first act. It'd pretty much be, getting the second squeeze. Getting insane ticks on the last two acts. And also... not being me and somehow overlapping the third act more than I'd like to admit... when it's like a -20% squeeze Early whammy too strong.

I presumed as much on the last act, yet it's been quite awhile since I've tried to increase the score. I may go for a few runs for it soon, though highly doubt I get motivations to actually grind it. But bump that community total up a bit!

Also, now we both have 3rd on the longest lasting un-tied firsts! Though YYZ is much more impressive to me, as... not dropping any ticks (in general) is insanely hard. Reminds me of Thunderhorse a fair bit in that regard. Also, wish you had picked up that pack for GH3, as I think you'd be better suited at this than myself... or really anyone that can whammy HOPO's/getting insane front-ends on HOPO's. Though I doubt many people picked that pack up. Or I doubt many people that still play/are good at those things still are around.

Also, new guitars are always fantastic to get I need to pick up another one, as this one sometimes... just doesn't register the whammy. But, it's not too bad except... you know the run where I was +8 on No Doubt... off the first act and it didn't register the first whammy in the next phrase >.> Though I've just been using Lo7's path, just looked at the slowhero UB path... hmm... May give that a go later today, looks harder to pull off, but it looks like... there are possibly another 200 on there which would put optimal at 422318 (Actually near 100% more ticks would be possible on the first act following the UB path)... Now I'm just hijacking your thread. Sorry about that!

Best of luck with YYZ, 99.9% sure you can get it. Especially if you got 3rd without that much of an issue. Just don't pull a me and overlap on the third act after hitting the second squeeze!
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's the path I was using. I got my submitted score missing the 2nd act and getting pretty much no ticks on the 5th, so I think it's well within reach if I hit the 2nd, just need to get 4 extra ticks than I did the last time.. I'm fairly sure I didn't drop ticks on the last activation on that run, too. Having a better look at the chart I think realistically I'll need at least 1 tick from the 1st activation to have a shot at beating chris, and that's also getting 3 ticks on the 5th and not dropping any ticks in the song. I'm really not a fan of reverse ticks...

Unfortunately I only picked up the older games on 360 in.. mid 2015 I think? So the DLC was all gone by then. I could license transfer or something but that would require someone with an old unused account willing to do that I'd only really want the boss battle DLC songs though. Oh and maybe the virtuoso pack. Good luck with Don't Speak!

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I played YYZ for... about ~2 hours earlier today. Hit the second squeeze once... and let's not talk about that run lol. But currently sitting comfy at 290,738. Would have been 4th overall if I got it all. But that first activation is killing me, especially with the second squeeze next. I think I'll let you go for this one. And I'll give Don't Speak some effort this upcoming weekend I suppose. As JustZackster's comment on his score... makes me think that another 200 is possible. Who knows. I'll mess around with the non-Lo7 path on there.

Edit: You should go redux Shout at the Devil/Cherry Pie. Think you could get ~600-800 on SatD, and ~200-400 on Cherry Pie. And you'd also have no scores that are over rank 100 on GH2 global! And Stellar on GH1, you have at least ~600 that you can get (probably) rather easily.
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a couple of weeks since my last update so here's where I'm at:

I've recently started a new job which has cut down on the time I had to play GH, and also it involves a lot of reasonably heavy lifting. While that will probably be a good thing in the long run, my fretting is noticeably worse if I play after working that day, as compared to having a day off and playing. So, needless to say, not much progress has been made on the last 10 FC's.

In terms of what progress I've made: I've mainly been working on TTFAF and One, I'm making steady progress on One but still kinda stagnant on TTFAF, most of my runs end up at the 880-900k mark at the moment, which isn't awful, but I'd like to start pushing that up soon to try and hit a 950k run. Current high score is ~938k I think, so I'm having maybe 8-10 extra combo breaks on average than my best run, but in very dumb places. >_<

Hopefully my lower arm muscles will acclimatise to the vast amount of lifting quickly now, but in the meantime I'm spending more time charting custom songs for GH3/Clone Hero after work, which I've really enjoyed doing the past week or so. I never have work on a Sunday, so I might turn that day into a weekly grind-day for O211 stuff. I've had worse ideas.

bushidox  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I did an update for Pinkie, so I guess it's your turn:

What has Bone been up to since my update on 9/15, all on GH3:
Take this Life: +460
Stricken: +104
One: +5500
Closer: +8

For a total of a very respectable 6,072 points, impressive for someone who hasn't really been playing of late. Keep it up, gotta have someone to keep pressure on Pinkie. Also, I look forward to you getting at least 44 FCs on GH1, that total is way too low for someone with the other FCs you have.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear. I really need to use google docs/something for my increases. I think you should go for the easy(er) optimals on GH3. Not a huge score increase for most of them. But I'm near 100% sure you can probably tie me in optimals on GH3. Pretty sure past just a few random runs I'll be sticking with Easy drums/Easy G/B, for a little bit longer.

Best of luck with your new job my friend!

Edit: I'm stupid.
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:
So, I did an update for Pinkie, so I guess it's your turn:

What has Bone been up to since my update on 9/15, all on GH3:
Take this Life: +460
Stricken: +104
One: +5500
Closer: +8

For a total of a very respectable 6,072 points, impressive for someone who hasn't really been playing of late. Keep it up, gotta have someone to keep pressure on Pinkie. Also, I look forward to you getting at least 44 FCs on GH1, that total is way too low for someone with the other FCs you have.

That's more than I was expecting to have your recent post on the guitar leaderboard thread was wonderful to read, I'll do my best to give you more action for the updates.

PinkiePie91 wrote:

Oh dear. I really need to use google docs/something for my increases. I think you should go for the easy(er) optimals on GH3. Not a huge score increase for most of them. But I'm near 100% sure you can probably tie me in optimals on GH3. Pretty sure past just a few random runs I'll be sticking with Easy drums/Easy G/B, for a little bit longer.

Best of luck with your new job my friend!

I've tried for a few ones like Lay Down, The Metal, Prayer of the Refugee etc. but I seem to be really struggling with the double squeezes. I'm still yet to hit the first double in Lay Down, I've hit everything in The Metal but not all in the same run, and Prayer of the Refugee is just a nightmare with the chord changes and trying to squiz. D: Good luck with your FGFC escapades though! 100 FGFC's is looming in the horizon for you.

In other news, I've just ordered FOUR more GH games, being World Tour, WoR, Metallica and Aerosmith. The first two I own but the discs are scratched to the point where I can only play songs in party play (and career mode for WoR) which both don't really work for FC/score runs, but the other two are first time ownerships. World Tour was my favourite GH back in the day, I had so much fun on that game and it was around when I started becoming a decent expert player, and also the time when I managed my first untied 1st place score on an expert song, being Vicarious on guitar. I REALLY want to get the FGFC on that game more so than the rest, and that requires FCing Satch Boogie. I don't think I ever managed a Solo D FC back in 2009 or whenever that was, but with my new skills... I'll practice it on Clone Hero in the meantime for the 5 days it'll probably take to get shipped. I think after this I only need to buy Van Halen and Greatest Hits (us Aussies got a different name for that one) to have the complete 5 fret series. Might be time to have a crack at the first column of the leaderboard

BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it's time for an update, it's been almost two months >_<

Not much happening on the GH side of things, well at least in terms of main series games. I still play a fair amount of Clone Hero with the abundance of customs out there now (Carpal Tunnel Hero 2 is incredible as a project release), haven't done too much in terms of charting but I did finish a chart for an Animals as Leaders song (Song of Solomon), very happy with how it turned out.

Work is super busy still, not as much lifting now so my arms are feeling a bit better but it's taking a toll on my feet. I did a 50 hour week last week and that was super draining, but in return I'm making enough money to build a better PC than I was originally planning to.

In terms of the main series games, I've got one new FC on GHWT (Parabola) and I've resumed practice of Fast Solo A, but that will take a while to get back to the consistency I once had. I really haven't been enjoying trying to get the remaining FC's for the Harmonix games... well, mainly GH1. So I'm staying away from them for now.

I'll probably stick to WT for now, with a bit of GH3 or WoR, and possibly some work on Trogdor. I can see a FGFC of WT happening if I put the effort in, the Satch Boogie trill isn't as hard as I remember it being but the wonderful slide note engine is complicating things.

I'd also like to bump my O211 score up to 68.3m at some point before the end of the year. I think the most likely source for that would be a better TTFAF run, I think 950k is well within reach at this point but I need to be more consistent. It would also help if I remembered how to hit What The...

BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the GHWT grind has indeed begun:

Fuck Solo 3. That is all.

The 1st activation in this is just dumb, I managed to hit the squeeze once but it was hard enough just activating on the note in that dumb chord-progression thing they decided to chart. Also FC'd Assassin and Prisoner of Society but forgot to take pictures of those.

I have a few more hours tonight to work on things, so hopefully another couple of the harder FC's will fall.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: