ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So ScoreHero, seen any good movies lately?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah Youhas, you hit pretty much my sentiment on the head.

I don't care who you are or how much you know, but if you cannot reliably convey your points in a sensible manner then no one is going to take anything you say seriously. And layering those points with levels of pretentiousness and arrogance isn't going get you any brownie points either.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what movies has ScoreHero seen lately? I know Star Trek is supposed to be good and The Is The End is supposed to be hilarious. Those are on my list eventually.

I went to see Man of Steel yesterday. And wow, I can't for the life of me figure out why it has such a low Critic score on Rotten Tomatoes. I thought the movie was great: awesome action, an interesting origin story (I really never knew Superman's before) and they actually tried to humanize the most difficult character to make an emotional/relatable movie about. Yeah, it wasn't perfect, and maybe the hype train was a bit too big for what the movie actually was, but coming after recent Superman films that shall not be named I think this was outstanding and by far the best.

There's also a few cheesy/dumb moments but I don't see how critical viewers could really pan this movie and then turn around and praise something like Spider-Man 1-3 from a few years ago. It just comes with the territory of comic book movies and I really don't think it deserves a low score. The romance subplot was probably the weakest point, but it felt nowhere near as contrived as Thor, and Amy Adams as Lois seemed like a good casting choice (all the casting seemed great IMO).

If I had to rank it against other superhero flicks I would definitely put it up near the top with the Batman movies and The Avengers. I like Batman too much to rank it above Batman Begins, but its definitely on par (I would say that Clark Kent is way more humanized and relatable than an actual human, Bruce Wayne). I think they did a really good job with the fight scenes and making the kryptonians look outrageously powerful. It was just fun to watch, a perfect summer movie

tl;dr - I really liked Man of Steel and any fan of action-packed comic book films should see this movie. Thanks, Hollywood, for making the most stale hero in my eyes interesting and dare I say, cool. You've done Supes justice

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
So what movies has ScoreHero seen lately?

Does MuppetVision 3D count?
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, everyone I know who has seen Man of Steel has said they love it I guess I'll get around to seeing it sometime next week.

Sadly I don't have the time to go very indpeth but in short; Star Trek was good, not great, not bad, but good. And This is the End is the opposite of Man of Steel, I really don't understand how it has such a high rating. Once again it wasn't bad it was just kind of mediocre.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Metalhead911  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got back from a two week vacation on Sunday and during said vacation, I saw four movies....

Dark Shadows
Inception
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Unforgiven

I LOVED both Inception and Unforgiven the first time watching them. Dark Shadows was funny and had good scenery, but was the weakest of the four movies. The Hobbit was good and impressed me, despite feeling like a lower caliber film than the LOTR trilogy.

Other than this, I'm been kinda lazy with the 100 Movies list. I was on a movie binge before vacation, so maybe I was just movie'd out for a bit. Because there are still movies on that list I want to watch.

Also, tonight at 7, I'll be seeing Iron Man 3 (it's last week at the local theater) with two friends and possibly my brother.

Whitt333  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need to see The Hobbit. Did you like it?

Last night I watched the 2003 "Old School" with Will Ferrel for the first time. Pretty funny, probably one of Will's best movies. It's all about 30 year olds creating a fraternity to avoid their women and party. Would definitely recommend!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitt333 wrote:
I still need to see The Hobbit. Did you like it?

The Hobbit was good, but not as good as any of the films in the LOTR trilogy.

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Monsters U tonight, it was excellent. Possibly better than Monsters Inc, believe it or not. Definitely one of the funniest pixar movies, yet still had a good amount of heart. (though I have to admit the touchy-feely moments felt a little forced, at times.) Best movie I've seen this year
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Saw Monsters U tonight, it was excellent. Possibly better than Monsters Inc, believe it or not. Definitely one of the funniest pixar movies, yet still had a good amount of heart. (though I have to admit the touchy-feely moments felt a little forced, at times.) Best movie I've seen this year

I haven't even heard of Monsters U... I'm quite behind on the new movies these days apparently. Pixar has always had the best animated films (Toy Story was my childhood), good to see that still holds true.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gravity. Very, very good.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I will put that one on my list. That movie looked like nightmare fuel... floating alone in space is a fear I never knew I had. But everyone says the movie is amazing so I'll have to watch it next week.

I saw Metallica: Through the Never last week (IMAX 3D) and it was awesome. Obviously if you're not a Metallica fan you're gonna have a bad time. The plot can be summed up as "Metallica plays a face-melting concert while some other things happen." But it was fun and I enjoyed it.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I've been hearing fantastic things about it all over the place. Not to mention it's sitting at a 98% and a 9.1 average rating on Rotten Tomatoes which is practically unheard of for a wide release film.

Has anyone seen Rush yet? I've been hearing pretty good things about that as well.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I saw Metallica: Through the Never last week (IMAX 3D) and it was awesome. Obviously if you're not a Metallica fan you're gonna have a bad time. The plot can be summed up as "Metallica plays a face-melting concert while some other things happen." But it was fun and I enjoyed it.

yeah I highly recomend it if you're a fan. even a music fan will probably like the audio & visual aspect. it's clear and sounds awesome. saw it on Sept 23rd as a press viewing with a friend (thanks to him for the free tickets) and still want to see it again with my wife this time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cave Dwellers was amazing
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw Frozen last night, and it was so good! The beginning of the movie up through Let it Go was up there with the best I've seen out of any Disney movie, and I love the way the story resolved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 54 of 57

Jump to: