ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Continuing the Freeform Argument....Cheating/What Not
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Continuing the Freeform Argument....Cheating/What Not Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
especially when half the people at the top are using a keyboard or some sort of tool assist.

Thats an outright lie. Do you have any evidence to back up this claim?
This whole "People are using keyboards to attain highscores" thing is just a myth perpetuated and exacerbated by people making ridiculous baseless assertions such as these. Grab a keyboard and try getting first place or even top ten on any song with a freeform, because i'm not even convinced using a keyboard works. It seems to me that you are insinuating that those at the top of the leaderboards are not also skilled vocalists. I'll wrap it up by saying that some skepticism is acceptable but accusing people of cheating without proof to back it up is not.

Congrats Matt on being the number 1 vocalist in GH:M, I know you are legit.
matt1592  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dude...is this KIXXER MASS?

EDIT: Okay I can see with your signature that it is KIXXER MASS. Your like the only top World Tour vocalist I havn't really talked to. But I'm 99% sure that you don't cheat at all because there is no possible way that your score on vicarious can be achieved with a keyboard. I'm pretty sure I know the method you used and that method requires nothing other than the human voice. I would've gotten a higher score but I really just figured it out before Metallica.

EDIT AGAIN: Toymachine this is nothing against you personally at all because I can perfectly understand why someone would think some Guitar Hero scores are not legit. And the fact that there isn't many top Guitar Hero vocalist on these types of websites should definitely draw skepticism.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright well then I guess all of us need to just start going up and down scales until we figure out what people are doing since none of you want to help the community become competitive.

That's cool.
matt1592  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta understand though. This was like two months of pretty hard work of us all working to figure it out together. I help out pretty much anyone with the basics, but when it comes to advance techniques, its just dumb on my part to just reveal to everyone how its done. A magician never reveals his secrets, because if he did everyone will be pulling bunnies out of their hats and he'll just be an average guy..... But I'm am pretty confident you can figure it out- it honestly isn't all that hard. For me- it was just dumb luck. And I gotta be honest with you, scorehero isn't exactly my community.
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt1592 wrote:
You gotta understand though. This was like two months of pretty hard work of us all working to figure it out together. I help out pretty much anyone with the basics, but when it comes to advance techniques, its just dumb on my part to just reveal to everyone how its done.

Yes, it's just so dumb to help each other figure out reliable fingerings for guitar, right? I mean, helping people pass and 5* raining blood? pfffft.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're comparing mastering the art of freeforms to pulling a rabbit out of a hat?

Not even a good comparison dude, the latter's more easy.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
matt1592  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was pretty crafty
matt1592  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, it's just so dumb to help each other figure out reliable fingerings for guitar, right? I mean, helping people pass and 5* raining blood? pfffft.

I help out people all the time on this game. I'm just not going to give them the entire thing on a silver platter. That's for them to figure out
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt1592 wrote:
Quote:

I help out people all the time on this game. I'm just not going to give them the entire thing on a silver platter. That's for them to figure out

[JLC]

No offense man, but you're starting to sound like a douchebag now.[/JLC]

And if SH isn't your community... well... no offense still, but why come here?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt1592 wrote:
You gotta understand though. This was like two months of pretty hard work of us all working to figure it out together. I help out pretty much anyone with the basics, but when it comes to advance techniques, its just dumb on my part to just reveal to everyone how its done. A magician never reveals his secrets, because if he did everyone will be pulling bunnies out of their hats and he'll just be an average guy..... But I'm am pretty confident you can figure it out- it honestly isn't all that hard. For me- it was just dumb luck. And I gotta be honest with you, scorehero isn't exactly my community.

Again, with all due respect, you're contradicting yourself. If its so easy to figure out, why did it take 2 months for you to figure out? Contrary to what you may think, revealing this secret won't exactly change much. There's still only a few people who can sing well, and fewer still who are willing to devote time to learning paths and freestyles. Regardless of what you're implying, giving away this "secret" isn't going to make everyone suddenly awesome at vocals. We're not the magician's audience, we're the other magicians. We're pulling rabbits out of our hats anyway (okay, after this I promise I'll end the magician analogy).

Let me compare this situation to microgamer2vs2 and his "invention" of tapping. I'm sure other people had thought of it or tried it before his famous Jordan video, but micro mastered the technique and showed it to the world. Now, even though he's not really a well-known top player these days, in my eyes he's a legend. Why not become a "vocals legend" and pioneer this apparently fantastic new technique? What's so bad about sharing a technique with others that will make the competitive experience that much more enriching? I don't see what's fun about being 1st if you know its only because you have some technique that the players who are just as good don't know yet.

Honestly, if you're as good as you say you are (and I do believe you are legit, just so this comment isn't misinterpreted), then giving us this "secret" shouldn't be at ANY disadvantage to you. You should still be able to maintain your spot as #1, so what's the problem, hm?

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
matt1592  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My intention on coming on scorehero was to prove that us top guys on World Tour don't cheat. I didn't want to get in some freeform war. And I know I contradicted myself hardcore. I can be pretty bad at wording things. That two months was from me singing on easy and not knowing a thing about video game singing to what I know now. There were three instances where I realized different tricks to freefroms. The first time was with the "WEIRD" What I've Done freeforms. Once Madlocustrising figured them out it took me no less then 5 min in practice to figure it out. The second was the regular freeforms. When KIXXER MASS posted 480k on Vicarious I realized that there was another trick. Again it took me 5-10 MINUTES IN PRACTICE. On the 3rd one I didn't even need to practice once Locust posted 350k on Crazy Train.

Heres why I refuse to give you guys my findings on a silver platter.

1) Every time I go on Scorehero there were people who were complete dicks to me. And you guys insulted us vocalists by saying we cheat.

2) I don't think the other vocalists would appreciate it if I did that- and I am quite close to them.

3) I would feel awkward explaining it

4) I liked the fact that I only needed to go through the setlist once and be #1 without needing to waste all my time playing/perfecting all the songs. I'm a junior and high school and my school work is a priority as I am working on SATs and finding a college. I'm so competitive I would probably end up wasting all my time doing this if I gave it away. Knowing something no one else does makes life a lot either. I would rather have that than be an online "legend".
matt1592  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually starting to feel really sick like a fever/migraine IDK. I'll be on tomorrow to continue this discussion... hopefully.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) When people are dicks to you that's something to report to the mods, not take out on the community as a whole. SH is very competitive, and so are you. As far as I can tell, nobody has been a dick to you in this thread.

People DO get upset, however, when they feel like somebody's only goal is to be #1 and is NOT to play with others, become friends, learn from others, etc (which is what SH's whole premise is: compete, get better, learn, befriend, etc). People don't like the attitude that you already know everything there is to know. I mean, why try to compete with somebody who truly believes they ARE the best? It sounds like you really don't want to compete with us, you just want to beat us and rub it in our faces that you did. If I'm wrong, please tell me.

2.) I don't know who these "other vocalists" you're talking about are. We ARE the other vocalists. And I don't much like this clique within the vocalists that has apparently formed. We're all the vocalists. Doesn't matter if you're good, bad, whatever. Everyone should be given an equal opportunity to do their best at the game, and the people at the top should be the people who know the songs and sing them well.

3.) Don't know what to say to that. Trying to imagine what could be so awkward about playing Guitar Hero vocals...

4.) Your final comment somewhat annoys me, and hopefully I can explain why without starting any kind of problem. I think the convo has been pretty chill and civil thus far, so lets keep it that way.

Do you think we all have no lives? I'm about to be a senior in college, I have plenty of work outside of the game to do as well. I play for fun and I redux the songs in order to get better at them (also because they're awesome). If you think replaying the songs is a "waste of time," then you're wasting our time by not even attempting to guide us in the right direction... not to mention that you're playing the game for the wrong reasons. To me it sounds like this is a very eloquent way of saying "I'm keeping it to myself because I'll lose my 1st if I don't! " An understandable sentiment, but not exactly classy.

People come here to ScoreHero to compete, not to dominate the others thanks to a flawed system and essentially laugh in the faces of the people below them. I can tell you're not a bad guy, and you're not trying to be cocky about being #1. But by holding on to this "magical" technique for no reason other than "I like being 1st!" it does come across in a bad way. It's as if deep down you know that as far as skill at playing the game, we're all on par with one another.

I'll gladly sit in practice mode myself and try to figure out what it is, and I have no qualms about doing so. I just see your actions to be in bad taste. It's something that guitarists and drummers have no problem sharing on their respective forums, I just boggle at why vocals is apparently so different.

I don't believe you are or any of the top vocalists are cheaters, so get that idea out of your mind fast. I do believe, however, that the system is flawed, and if unlocking the magic method to a stupid freestyle is the key to being 1st, it is STILL flawed.

I hope I didn't come off badly, but thats all I have to say for now.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
matt1592  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-I want to add that you shouldn't take some things I wrote yesterday very seriously. I was using a new kinda migraine medicine and I think it got to my head yesterday. If I didn't go through and edit my post you would've seen. I was kinda bugging especially when I was writing the last post. I don't want to get into it but it got pretty bad. I slept on it and I'm fine now. It did work pretty damn good up to that point. It was about after 6 hours so I guess it just wore out.

Now with all due respect- It seems like you guys are almost begging for the information. Let me redo that other post.

1) The other vocalists wouldn't appreciate it.
2) The other vocalists wouldn't appreciate it.
3) The other vocalists wouldn't appreciate it.

Its really what it all comes down to every time. The other vocalists include, me, Y2GRAE, MadlucustRising, KIXXER MASS, and uR Banenenbrot. All foreign and not on metallica yet. I already know that they are not big scorehero fans. These are people that helped me out from the very beginning, especially MadLocustRising- Without him, or all of them, I wouldn't be any "good" at all. If you guys wanna think we are assholes go ahead I can't control what you think. But the information I know is just as much theirs as it is mine; and by telling you guys strait up how to do this game, I would be betraying them. I know it sounds stupid but sadly thats how it is. If I was the only one that figured it out I would probably half the mind to tell you guys. I'm not really a fan of any forum so don't take it personally. If I'm gonna talk to people I'd MUCH rather do it on the phone or on a chat on xbox. (/ranting). But seriously if you guys really read into what I was typing- I gave you guys a ton of leads that would help you figure it out. It was kinda like me testing you guys to see if you would even appreciate the information, but apparently no one did. I've probably given you guys twice the amount of info that was given to me before I figured it out. Instead of using this information you guys would rather complain about me or the system. My family is a strait up Italian family from Atlantic City. I assure you that nothing was given to them on a silver platter. Thats how I was raised. Someone else that knows it told me "even if we tell them, we will still be assholes in their mind for not telling them earlier". That rings very true, and I see it now. This why I hate forums- it seems like people misuse them as a place where they flame about the other person as hard as they can. This is not whats going on here at all but its part of the reason for me not giving you guys everything I know right here right now. It's not like I'm running around saying "I KNOW THE SECRET", its just that you guys are forcing me to keep writing about it when I don't want to. I HATE bragging online- a lot of people that know me know that, because there is always someone better. And I hate bragging about some stupid "secret". I know I'm writing a little to much and someones gonna tear apart something I said that has nothing to do with the main content in this post and I'm rambling more because its 7 in the morning and I missed the bus and I have nothing better to do. But honestly this is getting a bit repetitive for me. GuitarHailz if you really want to learn more about the freeforms invite me to a private chat or party on XBOX- Matt Guitarhero or I'll invite you. I would much rather actually talk to the person than do it on some forum where people see it and misuse the information. There's a big difference between typing and actually hearing someones voice. That's how we all transfer information, not on some place where any person can see it and do as they please. I really only give the information to people I know are good VOCALISTS because I don't want a big group of people that know how to do freeforms but suck at the actual singing aspect to show up. Thats gonna make it more flawed. We kinda control who gets the info. I wish I could of said that earlier but I wasn't in the right state of mind I guess. But still I hope to hear from you.
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, what originally happened Matt? I am fairly new to the GH side of the vocals so I have no idea. I see you have a total of 19 posts here so far so I am going out on a limp to guess that you probably only started to post here b/c of this particular thread.

Who did attack you and how were "dicks" to you? Was there another forum that you were attacked at?

B/C honestly, there isn't a need to tell the same people who are accusing you of cheating (if that is the case) if you are doing this the right way. You will never be able to please EVERYONE.

As far for sharing your techniques, there is no rule that says you must share. However, this site/community is a "proof or it didn't happened" based place. For you to come on and basically saying you have the method and you are not sharing, it sends the wrong message in general.
Thus, I really don't see how this would actually help by you posting here period.

I am just bored and posting videos from GH:M here when I found this thread and haha, call me nosy. But yeah, you have no responsibility to explain anything to SH period and you probably shouldn't need to do any further ^_^

Anyway, grats on your accomplishment and hopefully I'll be able to figure out the techniques someday as well

My YouTube Channel
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: