ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:M On-Disc Freeforms Thread: COMPLETE! (Check for errors)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: GH:M On-Disc Freeforms Thread: COMPLETE! (Check for errors) Reply with quote

I know that bh0ukk said he was going to make a thread for GHM, but I just couldn't wait to start compiling this info. It makes going through the songs a lot easier.

A great tool to use to help find these pitches is a virtual keyboard. I have a hard time finding the right pitch out of thin air, so it never hurts to get a reference point.

I'm sure you all know this, but I'll go ahead and put the disclaimer: Using a keyboard to assist you is NOT cheating AS LONG AS you are still using your own voice to play the song. That is all. I trust you guys to stay legit with this info. ^_^

---

If the song is not listed here, its because it doesn't have any freeform section.

---

For Whom the Bell Tolls - Two freeforms (one in the middle, one at the end) - C, D, E, F#, G, A, B
The Unforgiven - One freeform (at the beginning) - C, D, E, G, A, B

Demon Cleaner - One freeform (at the beginning) - C#, D#, F, F#, G#, Bb
Turn the Page (Live) - Five freeforms (scattered throughout.. they're all very tiny, good luck!) - D, D#, E, G, A, Bb, B

Fade to Black - One freeform (Beginning) - D, E, F#, G, A, B, C#
One - Three freeforms (Beginning, two back-to-back towards the end) - Freeform 1: F#, G, A, B, C#, D, E, Freeform 2 & 3: D, E, G, A, B, C
Enter Sandman - Two freeforms - Freeform 1: B, D, E, F, G, A, A# Freeform 2: B, C#, C, E, F#, G#, A
No Leaf Clover - Three freeforms (Beginning, middle back-to-back) - D, D#, F, F#, G#, A#, B, C#

Welcome Home (Sanitarium) - One freeform (Beginning) - D, E, F#, G, A, B, C
Sad But True - Two freeforms (in the middle)- Freeform 1: C, D, F, G, A, B, Freeform 2: D, F, F#, G, G#
Wherever I May Roam - Two freeforms (one at the beginning, one in the middle) - E, F, G, A
The Memory Remains - One freeform (middle) - B, C#, D#, F#, G#, A

Mommy's Little Monster - Three freeforms (Middle) - C, C#, D#, F, F#, G#, A#
Tuesday's Gone - Two freeforms (Beginning, middle) - 1st Freeform: B, C#, D, E, F#, G#, A, 2nd Freeform: B, C, C#, D, E, F#, G, G#, A
Toxicity - One freeform (middle) - C, D, D#
All Nightmare Long - Two freeforms (Both in the middle) - Freeform 1: D, E, F, G#, A, Bb, Freeform 2: C, C#, D, D#, E, F,
Frantic - Two freeforms (Beginning) - C, D#, F, F#
Dyer's Eve - One freeform (Towards the end) - B, C#, C, D, E, F#, G, A

The Boys Are Back in Town - Three freeforms (2 middle, 1 end) - C#, C, D#, F G, G#, A#
Am I Evil? - Two freeforms (beginning and middle) - C, D#, E, F#, G, A, B
Seek and Destroy - One freeform (End) - D, E, F, F#, G
Creeping Death - Two freeforms (Middle and end) - Freeform 1: B, C, D, E, F#, G, A, Freeform 2: D, E, F#, A, B, C
Master of Puppets - Four freeforms (All in the middle, back to back. You'll want a full SP for this one.) - D, D#, E, F#, G, A, B, C
Battery - One freeform (Beginning) - B, C, D, E, F, G, A

No Excuses - Two freeforms (one at the beginning, one in the middle) - C, C#, D#, F, F#, G#, Bb
Stone Cold Crazy - Three freeforms - D#, C, D, F, A#, G
Mercyful Fate - Three freeforms (one sorta at the beginning, two in the middle back-to-back that you'll want a full bar of SP for) - Freestyle 1: C#, D#, E, F#, G#, A, B, Freestyle 2 & 3: C#, D#, E, F#, G#, B Flat, B
Fight Fire With Fire - Four freeforms (one at the begining, 3 scattered throughout) - C,D, E, G, A, B
Whiplash - Two freeforms (both in the middle) - D, E, F#, G, A, B Flat, B

The Thing That Should Not Be - Two freeforms (Both in the middle) - D, D#, E, F#, G, A, Bb, B

DLC:

Broken, Beaten and Scarred - B, C, D, E, F, A
Unforgiven III - B, C, D, E, F#, G, A
Cyanide - B, C#, D, E, F#, G, A
My Apocolypse - One freeform (beginning ish) - This one is so tiny you'll only get one note in.. so I go with C#
The End of the Line - Two freeforms (middle) - C#, D, E, F#, G, A, B
The Day that Never Comes - Two freeforms (Beginning, middle) - D, E, G, A, B
Judas Kiss - Five freeforms - (Beginning, middle, end) - Freeform 1: C# D E F# G Bb B, Freeform 2: C, C#, E, F#, A, Freeform 3 & 4: D E G A Bb B, Freeform 5: C, C#, E, F#, A

If you find any information in this thread to be faulty, please let me know.

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:42 pm; edited 32 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks GH, I am going to see if I can contribute a few ^_^

My YouTube Channel
GRYBOPandRYBOGP  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: GH:M On-Disc Freeforms Thread: Find your pitches here! : Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I'm sure you all know this, but I'll go ahead and put the disclaimer: Using a keyboard to assist you is NOT cheating AS LONG AS you are still using your own voice to play the song. That is all. I trust you guys to stay legit with this info. ^_^

So, using a keyboard for the freeforms and using your voice for the rest of the song with actual words isn't cheating. Or are you saying that using a keyboard to find the pitch out, then imitating it isn't cheating?
The way you spelled Metallica reminds me of the way Lynyrd Skynyrd was spelled on the cover of GH:M originally.. >_>
ohh noes! typing error, someone call the police!!
Me - "Hello, 911. I'm calling on the behalf of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Neversoft has failed to spell the name correctly on the game, Guitar Hero: Metallica. This will effect their image and possibly reduce sales for the band. I suggest suing the company."
Police - "Who the fuck do you think you are? WMG? Get off our line."
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: GH:M On-Disc Freeforms Thread: Find your pitches here! : Reply with quote

GRYBOPandRYBOGP wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

So, using a keyboard for the freeforms and using your voice for the rest of the song with actual words isn't cheating. Or are you saying that using a keyboard to find the pitch out, then imitating it isn't cheating?

Latter. You need to use your voice on the entirety of the song.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely try to help with this, I have 2(3 if you count my real one) portable pianos in my home and I'm able to use them easily with GH:M. Could increase my scores too.
matt1592  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems letting you guys know this info. And I have no problem with you GuitarHailz, its the rest of the "annoying fuckwads" on this site.

Heres what I've compiled so far. Take note that they may not be 100% correct because I've translated them from my own notes.

MerifulFate-
FF1- B C# D# E F# G# A
FF2- B C# D# E F# G# A#

Memory That Remains-
B C# D# F# G# A

Dyers Eve-
B C# C D E F# G A

For Whom The Bell Toll-
B C D E F# G A

Unforgiven-
B C D E G A

Broken Beat N' Scarred
B C D E?(sloppy writing) F A

All Nightmare Long-
D E F G# A A#

Anywhere I roam.
E F G A

Battery
B C D E F G A

Creeping Death-
B C D E F# G A

Turn The Page-
omg B D# D E G A A#

Toxicity -
C D D# for real

Mommy's Little Monster-
C C# D# F F# G# A#

Tuesdays Gone
B C# D E F# G# A

Unforgiven iii-
B C D E F# G A

Cyanide-
B C# D E F# G A

Enter Sandman
FF2- B C# C E F# G# A
FF1- B D E F G A A#

Stone Cold Crazy-
D# C D F A# G

Boys Are BACK-
C# C? D# F G G# A#

Sad But True-
omg can't read my writing

Seek And Destroy-
D E F F# G

Thats it so far check them before you go into a run... I may have messed up while translating my notes to this form.
matt1592  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bad A# = B flat. Lol I wrote Anywhere I Roam on my sheet. Complete fail.
bh0ukk  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master of Puppets => D D# E F# G A B C
The Thing That Should Not Be => D D# E F# G A Bb B
Erimgard  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt1592 wrote:

Sad But True-
omg can't read my writing

Sad But True - FF#1 C D E F G A B FF#2 D E(D#?) F F# G G#

Is what I got with my ocarina. I'm going to be contributing to this quite a bit tomorrow when I have the chance.

EDIT: I'll believe that it's D# on FF2, makes more sense with the other notes, and it was kindof late when I did it. Will verify later.

Last edited by Erimgard on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Erimgard Wii Friend Code: 390958806486
bh0ukk  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have D D# F F# G G# for Sad But True 2nd FF.....

Nothing Else Matters => no FF.
Fade to Black => D E F# G A B C#
One => F# G A B C# D E & D E G A B C
No Leaf Clover => D D# F F# G# A# B C#

Hell Bent for Leather => no FF.
War Inside My Head => no FF.
Armed and Ready => no FF.
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) => D E F# G A B C
King Nothing => no FF.

Mercyful Fate is a medley, so, yes there are key changes.
squall1729  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: GH:M On-Disc Freeforms Thread: Find your pitches here! : Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

This still seems a bit odd to me - as a keyboard doesn't come with the game, and being able to pitch without playing notes first is something singers have to actually do...e.g. i'm fine with figuring out which notes in the guitar/bass parts are which, then pitching of those as a singer would if singing with a band, but copying an artificially generated correct pitch seems...artificial :S

still, i guess so long as there is a consensus, just those without keyboards are missing out (and would be odd to see if GHWT with vocals makes it as a WCG game)

PS3 GHWT player - PSN = sql_lall
Don't tell me to Learn-to-Play-a-Real-Guitar!
BOYOBOYY  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: GH:M On-Disc Freeforms Thread: Find your pitches here! : Reply with quote

squall1729 wrote:

still, i guess so long as there is a consensus, just those without keyboards are missing out (and would be odd to see if GHWT with vocals makes it as a WCG game)

GuitarHailz actually provided a link to a virtual keyboard so everybody has access to a keyboard.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: GH:M On-Disc Freeforms Thread: Find your pitches here! : Reply with quote

squall1729 wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

This still seems a bit odd to me - as a keyboard doesn't come with the game, and being able to pitch without playing notes first is something singers have to actually do...e.g. i'm fine with figuring out which notes in the guitar/bass parts are which, then pitching of those as a singer would if singing with a band, but copying an artificially generated correct pitch seems...artificial :S

I agree with what you're saying. I'll try to explain a different way. I would compare using a keyboard to a guitarist pausing during a song to look at the path. As long as he/she is still hitting the activations and the buttons, you could pause a million times if you wanted to. Same with drums or bass or anything. For vocals, as long as your voice is hitting the notes, we can't exactly stop you from using a keyboard for reference.

Personally? For me it's more fun to play the scale before the song begins, and then essentially go "on stage" and do it without any stops. The challenge is fun. I'm just stating SH policy, that as long as your voice is getting all the points, its all about personal preference. The bottom line is that doing the freestyles better won't mean shit if you still can't sing the song, and these pitches won't exactly help you there.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
matt1592  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this defiantly makes life a lot easier. I had only about 1/2 of the setlist done I think.
bh0ukk  

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creeping Death 2nd FF is D E F# A B C.
The G does not work for some reason...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: