ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Team Fortress 2 Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qarx  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I was confused for a moment there. I thought all this time Sarg just had a really shitty internet connection (did not know he meant bits and not bytes; I don't download large files/torrents off the internet very often, and when I do, it's from Steam, so when I look, it says KB and not Kb XP).

My download rate varies from 500KB/s to 2MB/s, but has gone as low as 10-60KB/s during the sale . I guess a lot of people were downloading at once haha.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
Oh, I was confused for a moment there. I thought all this time Sarg just had a really shitty internet connection (did not know he meant bits and not bytes; I don't download large files/torrents off the internet very often, and when I do, it's from Steam, so when I look, it says KB and not Kb XP).

Oh, don't get me wrong, I do. Just played a few rounds, and my ping was between 250-300, so it still sucks.

Game is really fun, the only class I have played as is the Heavy (I mean, all I have to do is just hold down the left mouse button and fire away ) and I went about 38-14, with a few assists and captures. I had the highest points on my team, so I'm not sure if I was doing good or if the Heavy class is just really easy.

EDIT: Apparently I played for 2 hours... wat? I guess this is one of those games where you can lose track of time haha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Qarx wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I do. Just played a few rounds, and my ping was between 250-300, so it still sucks.

Game is really fun, the only class I have played as is the Heavy (I mean, all I have to do is just hold down the left mouse button and fire away ) and I went about 38-14, with a few assists and captures. I had the highest points on my team, so I'm not sure if I was doing good or if the Heavy class is just really easy.

EDIT: Apparently I played for 2 hours... wat? I guess this is one of those games where you can lose track of time haha

That is some ridiculous ping, lol. I generally consider anything over ~125 downright unplayable. There are some things you can do to make your connection run smoother and the game play better on a low-end computer, check out the links below. Also, server location plays an important part on your ping, so check around and see if you can't find better servers.

http://www.topnotchclan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7442
http://www.topnotchclan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7762

Also, that is a very impressive session. Heavy does get a lot of flak for being "easy mode" but in truth being a very good heavy takes a lot of skill and know-how. The thing about TF2 is your mileage will vary *hugely* depending on what server you are in. Some servers tend to fill with lots of skilled, heavily communicating players and others attract newer or more casual players. Not saying you were in one or the other -- regardless, very good job.

One of my friends just picked up TF2 and wants me to play with him to show him some ropes and stuff, so I'll be on tonight around 8 EST. I'm probably just going to try and get into one of the new Valve servers since those are pretty newbie friendly. If anyone is interested in playing, wants tips, whatever, add me (suspectfenster) and join my game.

If you can't tell, I love talking about and playing this game. If you have any questions or want any pointers I love helping out, add me on Steam or ask me here! I'm not the greatest player but I tend to hold my own and I've played this game a lot.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:

Also, that is a very impressive session. Heavy does get a lot of flak for being "easy mode" but in truth being a very good heavy takes a lot of skill and know-how. The thing about TF2 is your mileage will vary *hugely* depending on what server you are in. Some servers tend to fill with lots of skilled, heavily communicating players and others attract newer or more casual players. Not saying you were in one or the other -- regardless, very good job.

Yea, that's what I figured. But just like with CoD, I don't care how "easy" or "nooby" it is, if I'm doing well in it and staying at the top of my team, I'm going to keep using it haha.

Is there any way I can view my full stats, and not just the highest I've had?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
suspectfenster wrote:

Yea, that's what I figured. But just like with CoD, I don't care how "easy" or "nooby" it is, if I'm doing well in it and staying at the top of my team, I'm going to keep using it haha.

It's not nearly as bad as anything you might see in CoD. Most people who call heavy easy mode are just bitter. :P He is a huge backstab and headshot target and is a very positional class. By no means is he "easy" to use, imho.

Directly through TF2? No. But a lot of servers have stat tracking plugins that let you go online and view stats and stuff. For instance:

http://yearly.topnotchclan.com/playerinfo/245576
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
suspectfenster wrote:

It's not nearly as bad as anything you might see in CoD. Most people who call heavy easy mode are just bitter. :P He is a huge backstab and headshot target and is a very positional class. By no means is he "easy" to use, imho.

Directly through TF2? No. But a lot of servers have stat tracking plugins that let you go online and view stats and stuff. For instance:

Nifty. How would I go about getting something like that? Would I have to play on a certain server?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
suspectfenster wrote:

Ironically, while playing Heavy, I killed this one guy who was a Spy lots of times in a row during one game lol. The guy was always a Spy, and always after me XD. I saw him run up to our base, and shot him right in the face .

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the stats are local to the server, a lot of communities have them and you get your stats tracked by virtue of being on the site. A lot of times they'll even mention while you're playing if they have hlstatsx (which is now known as GameME).

Of course the downside is if you want any meaningful stats you have to stick around on the same server. Eventually you'll want to do that just because you'll like the server a lot or whatever, but as a newer player you'll probably jump around more often than not. At least that was my experience.
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
Yeah the stats are local to the server, a lot of communities have them and you get your stats tracked by virtue of being on the server. A lot of times they'll even mention while you're playing if they have hlstatsx (which is now known as GameME).

Of course the downside is if you want any meaningful stats you have to stick around on the same server. Eventually you'll want to do that just because you'll like the server a lot or whatever, but as a newer player you'll probably jump around more often than not. At least that was my experience.

Oops, meant to edit my previous post, not post again. :<

Apparently you can also go on GameME and look at global stats. I almost fell out of my chair looking at these....a large portion of these guys are regulars on TN!

http://www.gameme.com/ranking?game=tf2&country=&season=22&region=&weapon=&city=#settings
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added you suspectfenster, so hit me up with an invite when you and your friend jump online, I'll join ya.

I'll also be on all night, so if anyone else wants to play, just hit me up!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mind me, just kicking ass and taking names

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! It was good fun playing last night, me and a friend of mine (shk) just started MavGaming up again last night. So this is going to be my official plug:

Basically a little over a year ago me and a few others ran a TF2 server called MavGaming for a few months which saw mild success. Unfortunately school started back up and none of us had the time to commit to it, and filling a server didn't come as easy back then (one really nice thing about F2P). So ultimately we took the servers down and used the forums as a means of communication between us former Mav members.

Anyhow we're all graduated now and have a bit more free time so we're giving it another shot. So if you're new to the game or you've been playing for a while and are just looking for a fun community to play with, give us a shot. We're also looking for responsible people to apply for the tag and become an admin, right now it's just two of us. Ideally we'd like somebody who can try and fill during off hours, but we'll take anyone.

Our site is here. Feel free to sign up, post and hopefully start building the community. Thanks!

http://mavgaming.com/

(Oh, and sarg, here is the stats thing I was discussing earlier. http://mavgaming.hlstatsx.com/playerinfo/26 )
Shikka  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember playing this game on PS3 a while back and enjoying it. I might get into it again when I get my new laptop this weekend. I'll look into that server suspect.

sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely join. I'm new to TF2, so it'll be cool to be a part of a budding community.

Am I eligible to apply for leadership? I like to think of myself as a responsible person, and I have enough free time to help out.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:

(Oh, and sarg, here is the stats thing I was discussing earlier. http://mavgaming.hlstatsx.com/playerinfo/26 )

Sweetness, thanks. Sadly I didn't do all to well (That gametype doesn't really strike as the best gametype to build your K/D up, especially at the end haha).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21

Jump to: