ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Team Fortress 2 Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymous_104  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
mac081793  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
My thoughts exactly.

I always feared when the spy update would be announced. Hell, spies are annoying fucks as it already is.

I honestly cannot see these spy gadgets being very balanced.

Also.....
Photobucket

TF2 is a sausage fest, no more!
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the website today, and they changed the description underneath the picture, getting rid of the mentioning that pyro was a female. Trying to cover up the truth maybe?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:
I love playing spy, it's probably my favorite class tied with engineer, but wow, these new things are super, super broke.

Seriously, run up and zap some stuff, then get shot, fall dead, cloak, uncloak, immediately begin zapping as soon as pyro and demomen have ran off, wow haha.

The cloak and dagger too, run to enemy base in short bursts completely cloaked, hide in corner cloaked until engineer builds all his defense, sneak up behind him in short bursts, then zap when everyone is gone and so forth.

I think especially the 2nd one removes a lot of the "must run in quickly and waste enemy defenses" mentality of the spy gameplay, this will make it much more like "I can just hang out here until the time is right" etc.

Honestly its not going to be that bad. For the first one, I'm sure when the body drops there will be the noticeable cloaking animation, so anyone with a decent set of eyes will be able to tell that he's not really dead. Plus if you see a body drop and no kill shows up in the top right its obvious.

For the second one, I'm thinking if you stand still the cloaking will regenerate, but it will still drain too, so the energy meter doesn't move until you do. While that's limited usefulness and I wouldn't use it, its the only way I can see the item not being broken.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:
I love playing spy, it's probably my favorite class tied with engineer, but wow, these new things are super, super broke.

Seriously, run up and zap some stuff, then get shot, fall dead, cloak, uncloak, immediately begin zapping as soon as pyro and demomen have ran off, wow haha.

The cloak and dagger too, run to enemy base in short bursts completely cloaked, hide in corner cloaked until engineer builds all his defense, sneak up behind him in short bursts, then zap when everyone is gone and so forth.

I think especially the 2nd one removes a lot of the "must run in quickly and waste enemy defenses" mentality of the spy gameplay, this will make it much more like "I can just hang out here until the time is right" etc.
Well this is opposed to the current game where you can be cloaked nearly indefinitely if you pick up all the metal from your fallen comrades. I actually like this update because it seems to balance pyros kicking the shit out of spies all the time. Spy is possibly the least played class in the servers I've visited; so this should help. As for the cloak/dagger, I'd rather have the regular cloak; it's much more useful to backstab people in their bases since there are metal packs everywhere. I don't know about you, but people will camp regardless of class; so a camping spy isn't anything new.
Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The regenerating cloak idea sounds like one of those experiments that made the game incredibly unbalanced and they'll patch it out almost as soon as they introduce it.
mac081793 wrote:
Also.....
Photobucket

TF2 is a sausage fest, no more!

They removed that already.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mac081793  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"MEET THE SPY" VIDEO LEAKED"

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/technology_and_gaming/watch/v18477238BqYGPAZN

Quite easily, the best fucking "Meet the Class" video ever. I don't know anything that will top it.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac081793 wrote:
"MEET THE SPY" VIDEO LEAKED"

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/technology_and_gaming/watch/v18477238BqYGPAZN

Quite easily, the best fucking "Meet the Class" video ever. I don't know anything that will top it.

That was fucking win!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
scumbagel  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shit that went on before that got uploaded was almost more incredible than the video itself.

Thousands were trolled, forums were nearly crashed.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best. Video. Ever!

Also:
scumbagel wrote:

The shit that went on before that got uploaded was almost more incredible than the video itself.

Thousands were trolled, forums were nearly crashed.

What do you mean and where?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
0wnd1zzl3d  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came.

What an amazing "Meet the" video.

I almost cried when the soldier shot the Blu spy though.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was fantastic. I figured out at the end that the Scout had to be the Spy because he didn't know the code.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTHomeslice wrote:
That was fantastic. I figured out at the end that the Scout had to be the Spy because he didn't know the code.

But if the Scout was the Spy, why didn't he de-disguise when he touched the intelligence? >.>

Anyway, hopefully Valve will stick to what they said about releasing the updates for the 360 once the Sniper update is finished
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: z1ppy0
donrandall  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy playing as spy. I really like backstabbing people hahaha. But I think my most played character is the pyro. I just always get the most kills with pyro in one life, plus I love setting people on fire haha.

JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

z1ppy wrote:
JTHomeslice wrote:

But if the Scout was the Spy, why didn't he de-disguise when he touched the intelligence? >.>

INACCURACY! EMAIL VALVE NOW!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: