ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Team Fortress 2 Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well speculation over, if you didn't have a chance tonight you didn't have a chance to see...hands down the most ridiculous update ever in TF2.

http://teamfortress.com/post.php?id=5887

They added a bunch of space weapons for the soldier. This is really stupid in my opinion, for three reasons:

1. Okay really, soldier? Engineer gets NO LOVE during the last update, pyro doens't really either, and they release more stuff for the soldier again. Ugh.
2. The weapons themselves are fucking ridiculous. They are...way over the top. Lasers.....lasers everywhere.
3. The guns are stupidly strong and shit on engineers even more. Sentry disable for 4 seconds is RIDICULOUS.

I'm not as mad as I come off but it's just a.....weird update, and I don't really care for it.

Last edited by suspectfenster on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely agree. Pyro and Engineer got no love with the last update, why give the Soldier even more? The items are really neat, but the soldier doesn't need a sentry stunner and a way to shoot through multiple targets. Probably the first weapon pack that I'm disappointed with.

Also with this "Grocket" rumors, the soldier might get even more things? Fuck the soldier. Show some loves to other classes. I'd like to see more unique items given to the Sniper, Engineer, and Pyro, especially Pyro, who has become the least enhanced class in the game I think.
Eyce  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rocket launcher disabling sentries for 4 seconds is great and all, but they deal almost zero damage to buildings anyway. It's faster to whip a teleporter to death. >_>
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyce wrote:
The rocket launcher disabling sentries for 4 seconds is great and all, but they deal almost zero damage to buildings anyway. It's faster to whip a teleporter to death. >_>

Doesn't matter, disable for 4 seconds is a long ass time. If anybody else is around spamming that gun you are totally SOL.

EDIT: In retrospect I don't want to go and claim that this pack is OP. I don't like the gun disable, that's for sure, but I haven't seen enough to know really how strong it is. I still don't like the particle effects and the death animations either.
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlKAIDSHuIg
i maed vidyo
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see others still playing TF2. I'm on all the time. Fun spy video I made the other day on a server with some pretty bad players:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0B2D3c37AE

Desterman that was interesting to watch, lol. If you're interested I can give you some engie tips, I don't want to just go writing them though because sometimes people legitimately don't care or don't want to hear them (and that's fine).
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
Glad to see others still playing TF2. I'm on all the time. Fun spy video I made the other day on a server with some pretty bad players:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0B2D3c37AE

Desterman that was interesting to watch, lol. If you're interested I can give you some engie tips, I don't want to just go writing them though because sometimes people legitimately don't care or don't want to hear them (and that's fine).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6OtFKNDPUc
I for sure need some Engineer tips. That and Scout are my favorite classes.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually posted a fairly detailed guide a year or so ago here, it's got some pretty good general tips etc. The site is dead but this guide is still good.

http://mavgaming.com/showthread.php?51-A-Guide-to-Engineer

Tips straight from your video:

• First things first, build a dispenser! It costs 100 metal and can provide you with way more, especially in spots like that cliff where metal is a hike away. By the time you go grab some metal and come back, a level 1 will probably have 120 waiting for you. Plus, you know, it's a huge help to your teammates in high-traffic locations. A good dispenser + sentry nest can be a huge backbone to your team's push.
  • You should be a little more paranoid about spies. As a spy main I can say I love that cliff on Coldfront, so many engineers get caught up upgrading their gun, defending against spam, a quick stab+sap is extremely easy. In general the more you play TF2 the more paranoid you will get, but try and get in the habit of quickly checking behind you frequently, and checking behind you in between whacks of your wrench.
  • On 5 point CP maps, teleporters tend to be lower priority (mostly because they are a pain in the ass to maintain), but you should try and throw them up when possible. They can be a tremendous help to your team. On other maps, especially attack/defend and payload maps, teleporters are arguably your most important building. Make sure to build them.

suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first montage!! Let me know what you think, most of these clips are in there for the lulz etc. and not to demonstrate any sort of skill. Generally I'm pretty mediocre I think.

TF2: More Spy Fun - YouTube
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta say, if you're a new player, what seems like the majority of the existing playerbase seems to exist purely to call you a noob and act like a dick in general. So far, it's one of the most hostile group of elitists I've encountered yet in online gaming. Is playing this game properly worth sticking through getting used to it?
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRiiG3RS wrote:
I've gotta say, if you're a new player, what seems like the majority of the existing playerbase seems to exist purely to call you a noob and act like a dick in general. So far, it's one of the most hostile group of elitists I've encountered yet in online gaming. Is playing this game properly worth sticking through getting used to it?

This...surprises me, to say the least. TF2 is actually pretty highly regarded for being very newbie friendly. Now of course YMMV highly depending on what servers you hop onto. Some servers attract grizzled veterans and highly skilled players and are probably best to avoid while you learn the game. If you're new I suggest hanging out on the official Valve servers, a lot of new players tend to play on those. They aren't the most satisfying since voice communication is at a minimum, but at the same time they are a good place to experiment and learn how to play.

As with any online game your bound to get a few jackasses who are going to talk shit or get angry with you for being new. But compared to games like L4D (which I refuse to play with strangers because of the hostility on PC), it's very welcoming and you will find some servers which are extremely friendly to new players.

May also want to check out http://www.reddit.com/r/newtotf2 for helpful info.
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. That link's helping a lot. I recently had a few great games as a Soldier, and suddenly the trolls have disappeared and the friendly people have stuck their heads out. After spending 4 hours straight playing Payload, I've realized that maybe I should stop playing this game before I get too addicted
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRiiG3RS wrote:
After spending 4 hours straight playing Payload, I've realized that maybe I should stop playing this game before I get too addicted

1000+ hours later and I keep telling myself that. :P
Rawrspoon  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread takes me waaaay back. When I first made it I couldn't play spy worth a damn and now I'm on a highlander team and nearing 500 hours as spy. Hah!

If y'all are down we can have a community get-together.

Add me, I'm pretty good at every class so I can help you guys with any class. My hours are as follows
499 Spy
190 Sniper
179 Pyro
135 Scout
132 Soldier
110 Demoman
78 Engineer
60 Medic
52 Heavy

So yeah give me a shout out if you wanna learn how to play any class :]
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accidentally opened TF2 for the first time in a while. Started a game of Badwater Basin just for fun. Apparently my computer can run it semi-passably at about 20FPS in firefights.

Who's up to play?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: