ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rock Revolution guitar FC breakdown (update 20/12/10)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prebensoerensen  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Rock Revolution guitar FC breakdown (update 20/12/10) Reply with quote

Hi this is a Rock Revolution FC list thingy for guitar on expert
1/5 update : completely redid the list and added DLC (in bold), should be much better now
3/5 update : added some text to the harder songs, I'll do this with all the songs eventually but right now I'm just lazy
4/5 update : banjokazooie found some broken notes in the pantera pack and i changed the list a bit
20/12/10 update : added broken note location in cemetery gates, very happy with list and i dont see why i should change anything
20/12/10 update 2 : some more broken note shit

1. Sk8er Boi
2. Blitzkreig Bop
3. We're Not Gonna Take It
4. All The Small Things
5. Dirty Little Secret
6. Pain
7. Falling Away From Me
8. Diary of Jane
9. All My Life
10. Our Truth
11. Run To The Hills
12. Paralyzer
13. Are You Gonna Be My Girl
14. Given Up
15. Heading Out To The Highway
16. No One Like You
17. Won't Get Fooled Again
18. Somebody Told Me
19. White Room
20. Walk
21. Detroit Rock City
22. Cum On Feel the Noise
23. Bad Reputation
24. Death Real
25. Youth Gone Wild
26. Round and Round
27. Last Resort
28. She's The Bug
29. Spoonman
30. Stone Cold Crazy
31. Dance Dance
32. Highway Star
33. Kiss Me Deadly
34. The Spirit of Radio

35. This Love
Broken note in the second chorus, second chord before a hold has to be strummed

36. The End of Heartache
Very tricky main riffs

37. Magic Man
Tricky long trill, hard solo

38. Still Of The Night
Really fast solo starting with strumming and going into hopos

39. Chop Suey!
Very hard main riff

40. The Joker and the Thief
Main riff is really tricky and solo has some strange strumming

41. Am I Evil?
Really fast intro hopo solo and the riff in the middle of the song can be tricky, solo 2 has a lot of hard hopos

42. Pull Me Under
Hard riff that comes up several times in the song, fast solo fill thingys and fast hopo solo

43. My Only Shining Star
Some hard strummy solos

44. Dr. Feelgood
Solo starts with a fast trill directly followed by strumming, rest of solo isn't too easy either and the main riff can be tricky

45. Chimera
A lot of tricky strumming

46. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Very hard verse riff and really fast hopo solo

47. Mouth for War
Really fast hopo solo, and there is a broken hold in the intro right after you first play the main riff (you have to strum it twice) but it shouldnt be too hard as long as you are prepared for it

48. No Pain No Gain
Hard main riff and solos, second solo has some pretty fast trills with the lower note strummed

49. Progressive Baby
Very hard riffs through the entire song

50. Model DD 8
Very hard verse riff and crazy strumming solo

51. Cemetery Gates
Extremely fast hopo solo with some strummed notes
18th note in the 3rd verse has to be strummed twice, last in the 3rd bridge has to be strummed

52. 5 Minutes Alone
Hard chord changes in this one and the bridge has some hopos mixed with strumming which can be tricky, solo has some strumming that can be tricky too
Broken note breakdown
Intro: chords in the first 2 changes are strummed
First chorus: fifth chord is strummed
Second verse: fourteenth chord, ninth after that, thirty-ninth after that are all strummed
Second chorus: first chord is strummed , after "i ask you please just give us" the fourth to sixth chords are all strummed , chord right after that is strummed
Long bridge: first three chords are strummed
Third chorus: of the last few chords only the second one isnt broken, all the others are strummed
I think thats all of them, good luck if you want to go for this FC

53. I’m Broken
Very hard solo with 2 broken notes that you have to hit twice (for the note you can do a hopo and then strum but for the you have to strum twice) and a stupid combo break that I can't figure out(written as |) ( ) | ( )

Hope this list helps somehow

Last edited by prebensoerensen on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:43 am; edited 24 times in total
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Feelgood is the second hardest, Am I Evil is simple but the DF solo's weirdness is really hard.

And Still of the Night isn't too hard either, I'd move that down a few places.

Progress: 20/42, Last: Love Bites (So Do I) (9th ever FC cross-platform!)

Best FCs-
FCPREMIX, TtL CoD, CoP, NotB (GH3), RtL, Wasted Years, Peace Sells (RB)
prebensoerensen  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

banjokazooie wrote:
Dr. Feelgood is the second hardest, Am I Evil is simple but the DF solo's weirdness is really hard.

And Still of the Night isn't too hard either, I'd move that down a few places.

i moved am i evil and still of the night like you said :)
i would like some feedback on the easier songs as im pretty sure my current list is way off on those
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Are You Gonna Be My Girl is rated as being too hard, there is a lot of ridiculous charting that makes that one tricky. Paralyzer didn't have anything difficult from what I remember, and neithed did Blitzkrieg Bop, so I'd rate those easier. I also think that Chop Suey! is a little underrated, I don't think I'll get around to FCing that for a long while.

Best FCs-
richjohnny  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I'm hearing, this game is kinda crappy.

Well, I'll see what happens when it hits Aus shelves this Thursday. I may help contribute in this.

Question: Does the Rock Band stock kit work with this game? (360)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richjohnny wrote:
From what I'm hearing, this game is kinda crappy.

Well, I'll see what happens when it hits Aus shelves this Thursday. I may help contribute in this.

Question: Does the Rock Band stock kit work with this game? (360)

Yes.

And also, White Room is way too high, that song really isn't hard.

Best FCs-
prebensoerensen  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

completely redid the list now and added dlc songs, should be 1000x better than the old list but let me know if you disagree :)
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I'm forgetting something about Cemetary Gates (I don't have the song, but I've seen it) I don't know why it would be first. Holy Wars main riff is uncomboable for me. I just can't do it. I'm stuck at -17, with all solos FC'd in one run. Dr. Feelgood's solo is almost impossible, because the trill has to be tapped and then you have to bring your hand down to hit the fast strumming right after. Cemetary Gates just had a solo that was a bit tough from what I remember.

Edit- In terms of On-Disc, I'd move Pull Me Under up. It's harder than Chop Suey or SotN, mainly due to length.

Best FCs-
prebensoerensen  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

banjokazooie wrote:
Unless I'm forgetting something about Cemetary Gates (I don't have the song, but I've seen it) I don't know why it would be first. Holy Wars main riff is uncomboable for me. I just can't do it. I'm stuck at -17, with all solos FC'd in one run. Dr. Feelgood's solo is almost impossible, because the trill has to be tapped and then you have to bring your hand down to hit the fast strumming right after. Cemetary Gates just had a solo that was a bit tough from what I remember.

Edit- In terms of On-Disc, I'd move Pull Me Under up. It's harder than Chop Suey or SotN, mainly due to length.

cemetery gates solo is 17 nps hopo shit with a few strummed notes, you should look up the chart again
i think holy wars is fine where it is but i could swap it with no pain no gain if you want
and i have a way to hit the trill in dr feelgood without too much trouble (t is tapping) 2t232t232t232t232t232t232t232t232 gives me enough time to move my strumming hand back for the strummy stuff. i can record a hands video if you need one
and i dont think pull me under is harder than still of the night, pull me under has a hard hopo riff thingy and a pretty fast solo and is pretty long but still of the night has a really fast solo and its a pretty long song too
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I got the Pantera pack yesterday, and Cemetary Gates is rough. So is I'm Broken, but what should be noted is that 5 Minutes Alone and Mouth for War have broken notes. I have found ways to hit them (The first 2 parts in the intro of 5MA that go must be played , there is a green in MFW's intro that must be strummed twice in rapid succession, and there may even be more I haven't found) but it took a damn long time to experiment with those songs, and still haven't FC'd either. This Love is the easiest out of the pack.

Best FCs-
prebensoerensen  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, thanks for finding those :) i thought i just overstrummed or something
i found 3 other broken GY chords in 5 Minutes Alone in the bridge right before the solo (you hit them the same way as those in the intro) and 3 broken notes in I'm Broken, when it goes OYBYYYBYBYYYOYRG you have to hit the R twice (you can hopo and then strum) then at BRYRBRYRYRBYBYRG the last R note is broken in the same way. then after BYBYRGOYBYBYRG there is a B note you have to strum twice
this makes both these songs a lot harder to FC, i checked Cemetery Gates too but i hit the hard part on half speed without encountering any broken notes
i'll put these in the first post

edit: wow 5 Minutes Alone has tons of broken notes, i'll post all of them tomorrow
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah those notes were driving me nuts, I kept missing the same ones and then I just realized something had to be wrong. I'm very close to FCing Mouth For War.

I also did a bit of work on No Pain No Gain's first solo, and it's beginning to click. I'm not saying I'll FC it but it's becoming more reasonable.

I also think that Cemetary Gates is a bit easier than it initially seemed. I FC'd to the very end of the fast part on 90% and got -2. There's still getting it on FS and then in a real run, but it is possible. There's not doubt there.

And thanks for finding the broken notes in I'm Broken (pun lulz), I was working on that solo and kept missing there but I passed it off as nothing because it was a somewhat hard part.

Best FCs-
prebensoerensen  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first post should have info on all the broken notes now, let me know if you find one i don't have in the first post
VinnySibel.com  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Others may not agree, but I believe "She's the Bug" should be moved up much higher. I don't get what's so hard about the song. It sort of reminds me of the riff to "In the Belly of a Shark".
prebensoerensen  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinnySibel.com wrote:
Others may not agree, but I believe "She's the Bug" should be moved up much higher. I don't get what's so hard about the song. It sort of reminds me of the riff to "In the Belly of a Shark".

i just assumed other people would find the intro riff thingy really hard, thanks for letting me know this
i moved it to #27, between round and round and cum on feel the noise
do you guys think that pull me under is a harder FC than joker and the thief? if so ill swap them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: