ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
May DLC Announcement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
franciss  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do they keep releasing bad DLC? I mean, there are no big bands or great songs there They'd do so much better if they released good DLC
Sepultallica9  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY some metal DLC!

Unearth? In Flames? CHIMAIRA? Hell yes!

gamecubeRLZ  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME! the 3 free tracks are gonna be sweet, i would have probably picked them up even if they werent free
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: gamecube rlz PSN Name: mrstuprigge
donovan3995  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lo7 wrote:
Thank God I don't play this game.

Agreed, i mean come on, P!NK? ONEREPUBLIC? what's next lil wayne, he is rock now dontcha know
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking at the Metal Blade Records band list...WHY
WHY WHY WHY

The greatest Metal singer is on there! You could have put King Diamond, or you could have put Mercyful Fate! ugh I don't understand. They finally decide to put metal in and put in crappy Metalcore bands. Maybe the hidden track pack is Black Dahlia Murder, but I doubt it since GHWT DLC is the dumping grounds of songs in the series.

Neversoft seriously needs to look at the songs their releasing for GHWT and say, Hmmm I wonder if SH likes Metalcore. No? Well then release a bunch of songs that should never be put near a game called GUITAR Hero

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
Neversoft seriously needs to look at the songs their releasing for GHWT and say, Hmmm I wonder if SH likes Metalcore. No? Well then release a bunch of songs that should never be put near a game called GUITAR Hero
Terrible logic. I don't know if you've realized this or not, but the majority of people who play these games don't shred on expert. That's why you see them releasing more mainstream/popular songs than shredfests. Scorehero represents about 1% of their consumer base. We are the most discerning portion of that base, so they are willing to throw us a bone every now and again with hard DLC, and that's all that makes sense for them to do from a business perspective. The fact is, if everyone on Scorehero simultaneously quit GH, it wouldn't even impact them financially.

franciss wrote:
Why do they keep releasing bad DLC? I mean, there are no big bands or great songs there They'd do so much better if they released good DLC
Disregarding the matter of opinion on which bands are good, I'm inclined to agree. I'm wondering what sort of data that Neversoft/Activision has that suggests that all of these Euro-Rock packs will sell well enough to be justified. I know some of the bands/songs are popular in Europe, but I can't help but think that they're sacrificing possible US sales by releasing songs we don't know in place of songs that are more globally popular.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great In Flames song

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
OnionPowder wrote:
Terrible logic. I don't know if you've realized this or not, but the majority of people who play these games don't shred on expert. That's why you see them releasing more mainstream/popular songs than shredfests. Scorehero represents about 1% of their consumer base. We are the most discerning portion of that base, so they are willing to throw us a bone every now and again with hard DLC, and that's all that makes sense for them to do from a business perspective. The fact is, if everyone on Scorehero simultaneously quit GH, it wouldn't even impact them financially.

Even though that's true, you NEVER EVER EVER disregard your hardcore fanbase completely, which is what it seems they are doing with the DLC for this game. The best song for this game is free and doesn't even have vocals (Anything). Hopefully Neversoft picks up their game for GH5/BH. Because after playing GHM I have a ton of hope, but then I see all the DLC released for WT. Ugh.

Edit: Also, you can still have good guitarist with a popular band. You don't have to release pop bands and crappy alternative bands to sell. They could very easily put bands like Muse, Queens of the Stone Age, Journey, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and popular heavy metal bands, like Iron Maiden and Megadeth. Those are bands with songs that have great guitar tracks but have not shown up as DLC. They seem to be going out of their way to release crappy songs that have no appeal to a rhythm game.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
SilentCiv  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome... Chimaira, In Flames, and Unearth.... Devil is ok....

when will Trivium make its way back Detonation was good but it was a cover -.- now only if they put The Calamity or Into the Mouth of Hell we March maybe Shogun, 11 minutes may be to longg for some people

overall i think i may get a WT Dlc pack for once
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KrazyKidDaHustla wrote:
Pop should not really be in Guitar Hero, maybe alternative rock, but definitely not pop.

You seem to forget that there's drums and vocals involved, too.

/me would kill for some Maroon 5, actually

OnionPowder wrote:
Lots of things

DLC threads are downright laughable to me now. Here's the newsflash: Guitarists aren't being specifically catered to anymore. It's clear Neversoft is trying to find tracks that will be fun on all instruments, but so many of the guitarists can't seem to get that through their heads.

There will always be something wrong with every DLC Neversoft puts out, so if I were them I wouldn't want to listen to you guys. EVER. But they still do anyway and crank out some metal songs in the hopes you guys might back off for a week. All y'all do is cry for metal, metal, metal, and metal. They give us free metal, and you keep crying. It's not the "best" metal, or your "favorite" metal. AND it's paired with an announcement for a pop pack. THAT can't do, now can it? Neversoft is the spawn of Satan!

Seriously guys, its getting really fucking annoying to read through this stuff EVERY. WEEK. Negative feedback is fine, but I don't see why you should post to say "well I'M not playing this game!" or "I'm not buying this DLC!" I'm thinking "Congratulations?" and I'm sure the NS community members are rolling their eyes at you too.

If you want to be heard, try presenting your opinion differently, respectfully. But think about how completely impossible you guys have been to please. When I saw the words "free metal" I was like "Maybe they finally did it, maybe they shut SH up?" But I think I lost hope for you guys. I'm thinking y'all won't be happy with ANYTHING.

On-topic: I'll have to check out the free songs. And yeah toy, that French song is catchy. :O

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
ollithemagicbum  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant wait for the metal tracks.
Guitar Hero 3 Goals: Beat TTFAF [x] ?
?
?
FretMachine-SH  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lo7 wrote:
Thank God I don't play this game.

-My Name is Jonas by Weezer
-Brother by Pearl Jam
augthebomb  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCKING ANGELS AND AIRWAVES I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YEARS TO SEE A SONG ON GH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kamen Islands
XITaggerIX  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, now I have to get GH:WT just for the DWP songs and the In Flames song. Hopefully HMX stops releasing poor DLC and gives us some metal.

5* GH3 Main set [missing about five]
playitloud413  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is a testament to a) GH:WT having awful, awful DLC and b) the number of people who don't even play GH:WT anymore. This is what happens, Neversoft. I mean, honestly, did anyone really think GH:WT could outdo RB, seeing as when GH:WT shipped RB was already a year old and had (at that time) almost 500 songs for DLC? Just give up already. It was over before it started.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: