ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
May DLC Announcement
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulRobinson  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: May DLC Announcement Reply with quote

P!nk, Angels & Airwaves, OneRepublic and European Superstars Join the Evergrowing Guitar Hero(R) Catalog With Downloadable Music in May

Free Tracks from Ferret Music and Metal Blade Records Also Rock the Guitar Hero Downloadable Set List

SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Metal mavens, pop stars and global invaders can rejoice this May with three new downloadable Track Packs coming to Activision Publishing, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI - News) Guitar Hero® World Tour. The eclectic downloadable set list opens with free music from Ferret Music and Metal Blade Records, followed by pop anthems from P!nk, Angels & Airwaves and OneRepublic, rounded out with three smash hits from Europe.

On May 7th, virtual rockstars will take the stage with three free tracks in the Ferret/Metal Blade Track Pack. Fans can download The Devil Wears Prada's "Dez Moines" two days after the launch of their newest album, With Roots Above and Branches Below. Joining "Dez Moines" are "On Broken Glass," off Chimaira's April release, Infection and "Grave of Opportunity" from Unearth's 2008 album, The March.

Coming to Guitar Hero World Tour on May 14th, the Pop Rock Track Pack features P!nk's #1 hit single "So What," which landed her a GRAMMY® nomination for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. Having reached the peak position in various charts globally and risen to the top-10 in countless others, OneRepublic's "Stop and Stare" joins "Everything's Magic," the first single from Angels & Airwaves' most recent album, I-Empire, to complete the Track Pack.

On May 21st, Guitar Hero World Tour's global music library will continue to grow with three additional tracks from some of Europe's greatest bands. The fifth European Track Pack sees Swedish Metal band In Flames make their return to Guitar Hero with "Disconnected" from their 2008 album, A Sense of Purpose. Alongside In Flames is French rock band Housse de Racket with "Oh Yeah!" and Cody ChesnuTT's "Look Good in Leather," popularized through various commercials in the UK and Germany.

The Pop Rock and fifth European Track Packs will be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 440 Microsoft Points and on the PlayStation®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system for $5.49. All songs in the Track Packs will be released as downloadable singles for Xbox 360 for 160 Microsoft Points, PLAYSTATION 3 system for $1.99 and Wii(TM) for 200 Wii Points each. The Ferret/Metal Blade Track Pack will be available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 and PlayStation Store and as downloadable singles for Wii at no cost.

Guitar Hero World Tour transforms music gaming by expanding Guitar Hero's signature guitar gameplay into a cooperative band experience that combines the most advanced wireless controllers with new revolutionary online* and offline gameplay modes including Band Career and 8-player "Battle of the Bands," which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online. The game features a slick newly redesigned guitar controller, drum kit controller and a wired microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock 'n' roll anthems. Music creators are also able to share their recordings with their friends online through GHTunes(SM) where other gamers can download and play an endless supply of unique creations.

Guitar Hero World Tour is now available for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, the Wii home video game system from Nintendo and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. The game is rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB. For more information on Guitar Hero World Tour, please visit worldtour.guitarhero.com.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision Publishing maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands and Australia. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as "outlook," "will," "could," "would," "might," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes," "may," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "estimate," future," "plan," "positioned," "potential," "project," "remain," "scheduled," "set to," "subject to," "upcoming" and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Activision Publishing's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing's products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Activision Publishing, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, Activision Blizzard's success in integrating the operations of Activision Publishing and Vivendi Games in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company's ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated, and the other factors identified in Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

*Online gameplay is only available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Wii(TM) and may require an additional subscription.

Guitar Hero World Tour © 2009 Activision Publishing, Inc. Guitar Hero, Activision and RedOctane are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

"PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Used with Permission. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo.
anonymous_97  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.

Last edited by anonymous_97 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Netnabi4  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshleyAlden wrote:
A nice varied month, although I doubt I'd download any of this stuff.

It's good to see GH having something for everyone.

You wont download 3 FREE tracks? Are you mad?!?!
anonymous_97  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Lo7  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God I don't play this game.

04/20/08 ~ 1st to get 200 FCs across all games! | I HAS VIDZ ON YOUTUBE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Loseven
EXEprog527  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check out the free ones.... and maybe the In Flames song....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lo7 wrote:
Thank God I don't play this game.

LOL.
Also yeah, after a good DLC month this one seems pretty avoidable. Of course the free tracks are always welcome but still...
..Guitar hero Portugal WCG champion 08 / 09 / 10..
KrazyKidDaHustla  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop should not really be in Guitar Hero, maybe alternative rock, but definitely not pop.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in flames.
in flames.
in flames.
in flames
in flames

I saw In Flames, as the new DLC, and I
JIZZED
IN
MY PANTS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 3 tracks are FREE that is simply AWESOME...still wish they had expert + and maybe some better songs...but either way the point is:

Metal + Free = nitemare Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: immortalkz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Blade_Records

Metal Blade is home to a bunch of worthwhile groups, including Armored Saint, Amon Amarth, Fates Warning, King Diamond, Cellador, Bolt Thrower, and Falconer. Oh well.

Last edited by 005 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Flames song sounds way more fun to play than Take This Life that's for sure XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Biw-mqMea6w - Unearth sounds fun also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABkLbZh2kdo - TDWP sounds fun on drums I hope it's enjoyable on Hard lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S39_k7PzWI - why do I always find these french songs so catchy lol- kind of reminds me of Locksley/Fratellis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y4K0J3fPmw - Not sure if I'll buy this Cody ChesnUTT song but the vintage feel of it is pretty sweet

Last edited by toymachine on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
Rapstah  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNEARTH? Are you fucking kidding me? :O

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the last, unannounced week is really good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S39_k7PzWI - why do I always find these french songs so catchy lol- kind of reminds me of Locksley/Fratellis
That video was pretty awesome. The song... eh, I'll give you that it's catchy. It didn't strike me the same way the Locksley and Fratellis songs, or Mauvais Garcon for that matter, did.

All and all, I think I'm still firmly in the "not buying GHWT DLC" category. I don't play the game nearly enough to justify the purchase.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: