ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
May DLC Announcement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, time for a long reply

First off let me say that I hope this is true, because it would be quite funny to see the RB side of the forums:
toymachine wrote:
Man I hope that Lego rockband game isn't exportable so you can all cry.

Now to reply to Hailz:
GuitarHailz wrote:
DLC threads are downright laughable to me now. Here's the newsflash: Guitarists aren't being specifically catered to anymore. It's clear Neversoft is trying to find tracks that will be fun on all instruments, but so many of the guitarists can't seem to get that through their heads.
I can get that through my head, it just seems as if they are forgetting that people play guitar on Guitar Hero. Almost all of the DLC so far seems to be catered to everything but guitar. Except for one pack, the one with ZZ top, and that's stretching it. They seemed to go on this tangent of "OH LOOK WE GOT DRUMZZZ AND YOU CAN SINGGGG" to the point of they are focusing more on that then anything else.
The point of DLC is that they should be able to get a huge variety catering to all difficulty levels on all instruments. But they are going through getting almost all of their songs to cater to drummers and vocalists. The game is still called Guitar Hero, and even though they have other instruments they can still have DLC that is focused on Guitar, or at least challenging on all instruments.

GuitarHailz wrote:
There will always be something wrong with every DLC Neversoft puts out, so if I were them I wouldn't want to listen to you guys. EVER. But they still do anyway and crank out some metal songs in the hopes you guys might back off for a week. All y'all do is cry for metal, metal, metal, and metal. They give us free metal, and you keep crying. It's not the "best" metal, or your "favorite" metal.
Let me just say that I did come off a little harsh in my first two posts. The free metalcore pack is a step in a different direction. Did catch us off-guard. Hopefully sometime in the future they can release another Metal pack, hopefully this is the first of a few more.

GuitarHailz wrote:
AND it's paired with an announcement for a pop pack. THAT can't do, now can it? Neversoft is the spawn of Satan!

:P I still think that pop should be nowhere near a game centered around the Rock genre. That's like The Faceless or Iron Maiden appearing in DJ Hero. If that happened then everybody would be so fucking confused, but when Pop appears in Guitar Hero you're supposed to act like it's normal?

GuitarHailz wrote:
Seriously guys, its getting really fucking annoying to read through this stuff EVERY. WEEK. Negative feedback is fine, but I don't see why you should post to say "well I'M not playing this game!" or "I'm not buying this DLC!" I'm thinking "Congratulations?" and I'm sure the NS community members are rolling their eyes at you too.

Hopefully this wasn't aimed towards me, :P. I think this is the first DLC announcement I've posted in for GHWT, xD. I just wanted to give feedback on the DLC, which is what we're supposed to do, not come in here and scream "ROCK BAND ROCK BAND ROCK BAND" or "I WILL NEVER PLAY THIS GAME IT SUCKS" I actually played it for 7 hours straight the other day, :P. Quite fun in band mode. But that's off topic, NOW TO OTHER POSTS *swoosh*

bjwdestroyer wrote:
Jesus Christ people, bashing free DLC is pretty much as low as you can get.
Not really, this thread isn't meant for blind "YEAH AWESOME" it's also allowed for discussion on the stuff released.

Rexisfed wrote:
This DLC is awful. It's ok though, NS will make plenty of money in June reselling everybody the songs they already own.
Yeah, we all own the Masters and full band versions of the songs.

playitloud413 wrote:
This thread is a testament to a) GH:WT having awful, awful DLC and b) the number of people who don't even play GH:WT anymore. This is what happens, Neversoft. I mean, honestly, did anyone really think GH:WT could outdo RB, seeing as when GH:WT shipped RB was already a year old and had (at that time) almost 500 songs for DLC? Just give up already. It was over before it started.
playitloud413 wrote:
Everyone I know that played the original Harmonix Guitar Hero games has gone to Rock Band and never looked back.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72671

TL;DR - Hmm, some interesting summary here for all the lazy readers? Naw.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why there has to be fanboyism brought into a DLC announcement. Sure I haven't touched World Tour in a while, but not because I thought it was a terrible game, it's a great game, I just like Rock Band more, nothing wrong with that right?

I also don't understand why NS releasing DLC that's already in Rock Band (Bodhisattva and that Pixies song whose name escapes me are the only two I can think of) is such a cardinal sin.

While I probably won't pick this up even if it is free due to the unlikely chance of me playing it, I don't see why people have to broadcast the fact that they won't buy it on the premise that the game it is going to 'sucks'.

Yeah, lots of things I "don't see" apparently >___>

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ...I can't see how in God's name the course the GHWT DLC annoncement threads take can get worse every week. I go 'round here, read every page and the crushing majory of the posts inside them are pure (f)lame garbage.

I'd kill myself for a free GHWT DLC. Anytime, anywhere. Specially if it's some kind of metal, even if I don't know or just don't know well.

And...some of you flamers make the master licensing process look easy as pie. Things ain't easy like this.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Seriously guys, its getting really fucking annoying to read through this stuff EVERY. WEEK. Negative feedback is fine, but I don't see why you should post to say "well I'M not playing this game!" or "I'm not buying this DLC!" I'm thinking "Congratulations?" and I'm sure the NS community members are rolling their eyes at you too.

Hopefully this wasn't aimed towards me, :P. I think this is the first DLC announcement I've posted in for GHWT, xD. I just wanted to give feedback on the DLC, which is what we're supposed to do, not come in here and scream "ROCK BAND ROCK BAND ROCK BAND" or "I WILL NEVER PLAY THIS GAME IT SUCKS" I actually played it for 7 hours straight the other day, :P. Quite fun in band mode. But that's off topic, NOW TO OTHER POSTS *swoosh*

Nah, that wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the people who come here to simply say that "this DLC sucks" or "I'm sure glad I'm not playing this game!" Such people look like idiots when they do so. They're not clever or funny or cool. We don't want them here.

If you don't like the game that the DLC is made for, gtfo of this DLC announcement or, hell, even this side of the website. DISCUSSING the DLC is one thing, but I see no discussion. Just crying and flaming and trolling and fanboyism.

But that's enough of that. I listened to the Unearth song and I quite like it, even though genre-wise it's not my cup of tea. Am I the only person who likes the Pink song as well? I don't listen much to the radio, so I had only heard it the first time just now. It's catchy at least. =)

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Necromac  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry in advance for not quoting properly, I just read through the thread, and a few points jumped out at me...

About the SH/hardcore fans are only a minor percentage of the fanbase:
While this is correct, I daresay that SH/hardcore fans are a larger percentage of the DLC buying/whoreing community... In all of the time I have played GH3 online, most people dont have any DLC (Except for the free stuff)
I havn't played much WT online, so this may be wrong now...
This would also tie into the point of most people only jam on medium...
Here's my logic: If you aren't putting enough time into getting good enough to play hard/expert, you probably won't have a desire for too many new songs, a few maybe, but from what I've observed, its expert players who want LOTS of songs

About catering for drummers/vocalists too:
Thats fine, but how about some catering for the guitarists?
most DLC so far seems to be light on the guitar side...
also, this is completley based on nothing, but I've always thought that WT would probably have a larger base of guitar players due to it being a sequel to guitar only games...

Also, I agree with the point of shit-canning free DLC as being lame, but I do think that constructive criticism of any DLC, free or otherwise is all good... (Me likey the FREE/METAL pack )
Related to this point: can people stop bitching about metalcore? some like it other dont... if the only reason its bad is because its metalcore, then STFU, if the reason is due to gameplay, carry on...

I agree with the sentiment of pop not belonging in a GH game... I can't really be bothered coming up with any real reason for this point, so lets call this one opinion only
All my brain is coming up with is pop =/= guitar based, rock/metal = guitar based

For some actual DLC discussion:
Me likey the free DLC I would have bought it.
I will also be getting the In Flames song, just because I like metal, so more metal = good, but I'm not exactly liking the Euro DLC trend... I understand it, obviously those of us in Europe would be happier with it, but most of the Euro DLC I see seems to be taking up a spot where possibly better DLC could go... I'm going to call this one opinion only as well

Yeah, there's probably some terrible grammar and logic in this post.... Me = Sleepy

EDIT:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Am I the only person who likes the Pink song as well? I don't listen much to the radio, so I had only heard it the first time just now. It's catchy at least. =)

I do listen to the radio, so I've heard this song eleventy billion times as such, it makes me want to stab out my ears with some kind of efficient ear stabbing utensil...
But I did find it catchy the first couple of times... Enjoy

<--Thank You karatechess
I ed Jordan... WOOOOOOT, Thanks to lun471k for the kick-ass avitar
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I was coming in as somebody who leans towards the RB side to compliment the awesomely varied month Neversoft has set out, but it looks like the thread is just sick with flaming for the most part. I plan on picking up the game again to play the free metal and pop tracks, which should be fun to play with a good-sized group.

Quote:
If you don't like the game that the DLC is made for, gtfo of this DLC announcement or, hell, even this side of the website.

Never going to happen, but it's a nice thought.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all these European packs (what is this, the fifth or sixth now?) is just NS filling up their 3 DLC a week requirement, since they're saving all their bound-to-be-bought songs either for on-disk future releases (they have like, 6 games coming out next tuesday) or for when GH:WT2 comes, a game they're gonna try to make alot more playable, and when (if successful) there are alot more people willing to purchase....

I also would like to believe that DLC consumers are afraid to purchase because they want to find out if they can be exported to the next edition.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
You seem to forget that there's drums and vocals involved, too.

The pop songs aren't going to be interesting on drums or vocals, either, from what I can heard.

As for the Sesame Street metal, it's just embarrasing. Neversoft did a good job with GH:Metallica. Keep making these band discs, and let the band pick the music. They're much better at it.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:
Keep making these band discs, and let the band pick the music. They're much better at it.

I don't think you really have any idea how licensing works personally.
jamrenaissance  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playitloud413 wrote:
This thread is a testament to a) GH:WT having awful, awful DLC and b) the number of people who don't even play GH:WT anymore. This is what happens, Neversoft. I mean, honestly, did anyone really think GH:WT could outdo RB, seeing as when GH:WT shipped RB was already a year old and had (at that time) almost 500 songs for DLC? Just give up already. It was over before it started.

This post inspired me to actually create a ScoreHero account just to counter it.

I am a dedicated RB player that rented GH:WT and did not buy into it for one reason and one reason only:

The other games are exportable into it.

I fail to believe that GH:WT would not be able to give RB a run for its money in terms of tracklisting (I would be curious as to whether or not GH:WT's greater sales are made up by RB's DLC sales) if all of GH:M, GH:SH, and GH:A were not exportable into GH:WT.

As I mentioned, I would have almost certainly bought into the platform if it were, well, truly a platform.
Thirdkoopa  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'but I see no discussion. Just crying and flaming and trolling and fanboyism. ' I came.

Now then, my response to this month: In Flames? Free Metal Pack? Sold! I'm honestly pleased. I hope since we have quite a few artists already via DLC/WT In from GH3's bonus list, that a few others will join the WT DLC Shortly.

Personally, It gives me hope for full band Kaiser Chiefs and Prototype.

As for the european packs; Well, I finally have interest in one track from them...xD I mean, It's good that they're trying to appeal to other people, but can we at least be a bit more original than this? Like, in flames track pack please? But w/e, I can live. I'm more of a disc person and I heavily doubt I'll buy a GH Game after smash hits for a while. (Not becaues I dislike the series or anything, but because of my wallet, and because I'll be so addicted to smash hits)

oh and I wonder what week 4 will be. The rest of this month has so far been a huge shocker (Well, except another european pack but the b ands still in that I find suprising)

/my 2c

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREE METAL!!! finally we get more amazing music on Guitar Hero
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:
As for the Sesame Street metal

You gave me an awesome idea. brb, making a Sesame Street vid with Take This Life on top of it.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Rexisfed  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll elaborate. This DLC sucks because it's mostly "pop rock" music that caters to new players rather than giving the players who started playing the game long ago in the fire place what they want, which would normally be fine but not when it's for an entire month.

edit: fire is supposed to be first but I'll leave it cause it's funny

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about U2???????????????????
Their the only good band who hasn't gotten on GH or RB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: