ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Game suggestion thread: PC Games?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qarx  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
Qarx wrote:
Hey, I wanted to know of some recommendations for something. My sister would like to play with her boyfriend on his PS3, but he has a stunning lack of co-op games. I wanted to know what games you guys would recommend?

Oh, and she would prefer a game that has an ESRB rating between E and T. She's getting a little tired of him having only M rated games I guess .

EDIT:

I say co-op mostly because they would probably have more fun helping each other rather than trying to beat each other >_>. They're kind of weird that way lol.

Might not be PS3 but... Leisure Suit Larry?

WTFLOL

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:

Umm, don't they have a Wii? It'd be easy then

I actually was thinking of that when she said she wanted to play with him, and we have a Wii they could play (it's mine, but hey). The reason she doesn't is because she insists on playing on his PS3 because she paid for his second controller, and doesn't want that $60 to go to waste.
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:

Well then, LittleBigPlanet? It's really the only "girl-friendly" game that comes to mind when I think of the PS3, and I really don't know about its co-op...

I'd like to know how deep (meaning, can you play the whole "campaign" like in single-player?) the co-op is on that game, since I could just easily borrow that from a friend (not directed at you, obviously, but it can still be answered here >_>). Same question for another game I could borrow called Katamari Forever since I wasn't sure if they changed the co-op at all (though I doubt I'll get an answer for that one lol).

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC Suggestions:

Dues Ex 1 & 2

Fable 1 (Forget the Xbox version, the PC version is vastly superior)

Pick any Valve developed game really. Team Fortress 2, Team Fortress, Half-Life Series, Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Portal. You name it, it's great.

Civilization series.

Thief

System Shock 2

Freedom Force

Spore

Sims 3

Dragon Age: Origins

Mass Effect 1 & 2

StarCraft 2

Warcraft 3

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for Spore, Sim 3, and COD: Modern Warefare 2

3926 0220 0199 1364
ThunderPower  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC?

Half Life
Half Life 2
Portal
Deus Ex (ESPECIALLY Deus Ex, my favorite game ever)
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Doom
Wolfenstein 3D
Quake
F.E.A.R.
The Movies
SimCity 4
The Sims
Chzo Mythos series (AGS game - freeware)
Ben Jordan series (AGS game - freeware)
Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Unreal has one of the best single-player campaigns in any FPS I've played, and I'd put it up there just slightly behind Half-Life 2 (or possibly even in between Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2, I REALLY liked it). I also consider the original Unreal Tournament leagues better than any of the sequels, although 2K4 is a fairly close second. 2K3 and 3 are pretty much trash IMO.

Pretty amazing considering the game has no real narrative outside of the translator messages.

And like others have said, anything made by Valve. I'd also like to add anything made by Blizzard, I've been playing WoW since 2004, and before that I played Diablo II, and before that Starcraft. Warcraft has never been a huge interest of mine until WoW, but I still have 2 and 3.

Can't wait until Diablo III.

Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some non-shooters suggestions for Xbox 360. Preferably semi-new (6 months or so since released) or upcoming.

I'm playing through Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and having a blast playing through it. Already beat the Cop career, going for the FC, then starting on the runner career. Shift 2 comes out Tuesday so I'm hoping to finish Hot Pursuit up so I can trade it in and get that.

Any suggestions people can offer? As I said, I'm pretty much open to anything but Shooters, gotten tired of them for now.

Games I have:

RB3
Dragon Age II
NFS: HP
NBA 2k11

No GH either. Thanks.
Qarx  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to add to the votes for Half-Life, Half-Life 2, and Portal... still working through HL2, and haven't played the episodes yet, but I'm having a blast with this series .

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half Life
Half Life 2
All Half Life expansions
Portal
Portal 2
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Team Fortress 2
Counter Strike 1.6
Counter Strike Source
Day of Defeat Source
Half Life 2: Deathmatch

Notice a trend?
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Gamer9254  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was GOING to say all Valve games among a few others, but they've been said a million times, so I'll just make another recommendation and not repeat anything.

A lot of people like MineCraft a lot, but I personally think the game Terraria is much better. More development, and more frequent updates than MineCraft. And loads more fun; the way the game looks is just visually better than MineCraft (then again beating giant blocks isn't exactly a challenge )

Also Garry's Mod. HOURS OF FUN with this game. You can create spectacular things with it, like this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: LightSwitchTTM
Otend  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trauma Center: Under the Knife (DS)
-The first entry in the series, and though it has some technical issues involving lag, as well as absurd difficulty at times, it is easily worth playing.

Trauma Team (Wii)
-The latest in the Trauma series, this game takes the games that came before it and introduces new gameplay types (diagnosis, endoscopy, emergency response, orthopedics, and even forensics) to keep things interesting. Definitely easier than the previous games, but this being good or bad may vary from person to person.

Tales of Vesperia (360)
-It may seem like a typical JRPG at the surface, but the great characters and excellent battle system make it stand out among the crowd.

Creatures (PC)
-It's less of a game and more of a simulation; however, this does not change the fact that whoever programmed the AI deserves a lot. Seriously, the titular creatures can learn from just about anything you do, and you're free to experiment with them, ranging from making them happy to performing eugenics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: