ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Unofficial GTA Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GHlegend777  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Unofficial GTA Thread Reply with quote

Hi! Welcome to GHlegend777's GTA Addict Thread. First of all, I'll tell you the purpose of this thread. This thread is intended as a place for all GTA addicts/nonaddicts to come and talk about their games, funny/non-funny stories, killing rampages, all that crap. But this is kinda like a club you have to join by telling us this stuff:

GAMES:
HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING:
GENDER (REAL LIFE):
SAINTS ROW AS WELL?

GAMES: GTA III, GTA IV, GTA: SAN ANDREAS
HLYBP: 3 Months!
G: Male
SR: No

Sweet! I'm signed up! One time I was going ,like, 100 mph on a motorbike, then I hit a lamppost and flew into a pond.<__<

--Kurt Cobain
DPooch  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love GTA4 so much.
Endless hours of killing random people.
Just running people over with a car can keep me going for hours.

Also, occasionally, when I run someone over, or shoot someone,
I swear I hear some guy yell "cheesy vaginas!"
It's hilarious.

I've played 1 and 2 before, but I haven't played 3, and not much of vice city.
I really like 4, but they changed it drastically from SA.
I miss flying car cheats..
I'm a dude.
And I don't own any Saint's Row games.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
mikeb87  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPooch wrote:
I love GTA4 so much.
Endless hours of killing random people.
Just running people over with a car can keep me going for hours.

Also, occasionally, when I run someone over, or shoot someone,
I swear I hear some guy yell "cheesy vaginas!"
It's hilarious.

I've played 1 and 2 before, but I haven't played 3, and not much of vice city.
I really like 4, but they changed it drastically from SA.
I miss flying car cheats..
I'm a dude.
And I don't own any Saint's Row games.

I definately recommend Vice City. Vice City is probably my favorite of the series and the soundtrack is awesome. And you probably aren't hearing things, the pedestrians say hilariously random things haha. My personal favorite is from SA, out of nowhere a random guy walking down the street says "them white boys got me on that crystal meth". The tone of voice and the way he said it was awesome.

I've owned all of them except the hand held versions at some point in time. I remember the first 2, interesting concept, just no processing power at the time to execute it well. A couple years ago Rockstar had GTA2 as a free download on their website, if it's still there its worth a peek.

Oh, and i'm a dude.
I also miss flying car cheats (and tanks for that matter).
And no SR games.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA is an awesome game series

Games-All except handhelds(why would I want a T rated GTA game?)
Played since the first one came out for PS2(if one even did come out for PS1 i don't remember)
I'm a guy
No SR games

I like the fourth or Vice City the best.

But I remember one time on 3 I used the cheats for 6 stars and flying cars and I jumped the bridge before it was open and got into a tank(also with cheats) and just wrecked on everyone, but the helicopter blew me up:resent: so that was the end of that.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghdude778 wrote:
GTA is an awesome game series

Games-All except handhelds(why would I want a T rated GTA game?)
Played since the first one came out for PS2(if one even did come out for PS1 i don't remember)

There were actually 3 GTAs on the PS1. GTA 1, GTA 2, and GTA London: 1969. The one you started out on was more than likely GTA 3. Most people aren't really sure what to think about the top down view on the PS1 games. It's entertaining for a bit.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been playing GTA for 'bout 8 years now. I've played every one but London, GTA1, Chinatown Wars and Lost and the Damned. Quite fun, I remember waiting for the GTAIV trailer and then the servers crashing when the video actually did come out, >_>

I'm a guy, but I don't know why that matters and yes I do like Saints Row.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess there's no way around signing here, as I'm quite a GTA junkie (including clones and similar games).

Games: GTA1, 2 (not so much), GTA3, GTA:VC, GTA:SA, GTA:LCS, GTA:VCS, GTA 4
How long I've played: Discovered GTA3 in 2004, then got hooked on the genre.
Saints Row: Yes (and also Crackdown, Godfather 1, Mercenaries 1+2 and everything else that's sandbox-ish).

Being a true addict I have 100% on GTA3 and up, and also on SR 1-2, Crackdown and Godfather.

I suspect that GTA:Liberty City Stories and GTA:Vice City Stories has been played by much less people than the other games in the series. I strongly recommend to check out these two games. They don't stand back for GTA3 or VC in any way, and I actually like them much better than GTA:SA (not to mention GTA4 which was a slight disappointment for me, it got too serious and has much less side missions). They are packed with side missions and have great soundtracks. Unfortunately, these games are only for PS2/PSP so you have to tolerate the horrible framerate.

FBMrider86  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stubbscroll wrote:
Being a true addict I have 100% on GTA3 and up, and also on SR 1-2, Crackdown and Godfather.

Holy shit. You must have put in A LOT of hours.

The first GTA I got my hands on was GTA2 and I liked it, but couldn't get used to the camera. Lo and behold, GTA3 comes out and fulfills my wishes. As far as the best, it's a toss up between Vice City and San Andreas (I'm leaving 4 out of this, because 4 is just a step beyond the older GTAs). Vice City looked amazing, had a phenomenal soundtrack, and the story wasn't half bad (definitely combined a lot of stereotypical 80s fads), but it suffered in the aiming system. On the other hand, San Andreas was so much bigger in comparison in almost every way, but suffered from a ton of glitches (more so than other GTAs).

Of course, GTA4 is just breathtaking. It's the first game I've ever played that when I was driving down the freeway and caught the next city and the water in the camera, I, for a second, thought it was real. It's just simply stunning (also crashed my second 360 ).

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
basst777  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In GTA3 I was in a Truck Cab (you know the 18 wheelers front end) and I hit a fire hydrant and did a perfect backflip.

In GTA4 I had been hit by a Helicopter in multiplayer, friendly fire off, and flew across the map (open city)
Also flying to the top of the empire state building, jumping off of it,hitting a water tower, and living is always fun too.

Also gender doesnt matter, Im a guygirlmanbearpigelephant.
FBMrider86  

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish GTA4 on the 360 had some sort of replay option because I've done some amazing, once in a blue moon style shit quite a few times. I've managed to do the 'Blues Brothers' park job (anyone remember the Driving School in San Andreas? That's when driving was a bit easier) on the Strip, RIGHT IN FROM OF THE COMEDY CLUB. Seriously, it was the greatest thing ever. Aside from that, I've managed to pull off a few perfect barrel rolls, as well as a perfect powerslide-to-drive backwards-to-reverse 180 out, all while in traffic. Didn't hit a single car. I'm sure there's more but I can't think of others right now. Kinda bummed now, I know I've had some better ones.

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
xxtimetokillxx  

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA: SA is by far my favorite, the most fun thing to do is turn all the cheats off, and see how long you can run from the cops, I've probably gone for more than half an hour but I don't really keep track.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: XxTimetoKillxX PSN Name: XxTimetokillxX
KrazyKidDaHustla  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Games: GTA:VC, GTA:SA
HLYBP: I'd say the Christmas after Vice City was released, and got San Andreas the Christmas after that was released.
SR? No

Well I don't play Vice City anymore because it freezes in my PS2, so I simply gave it away to my friend, and I have no idea what he did with it, however I did beat it. My opinion on the game is that the map is way too small, and the fact of even falling in the water and instantly killing you is stupid. I have to say at the time it was fun, but if I still had the game, I probably wouldn't play it anyways.

I still have my copy of San Andreas and actually still play that. Huge improvement from VC, and even though I beat that too, the map is gigantic and there's still a lot to do. I haven't done all the side missions or anything, so I'm thinking about doing that soon.

I probably won't be getting any more GTA games though, due to the fact that I don't have the money to buy a 360 or PS3 and the game. Also, it does get a little repetitive for me, but SA is just fine for me.

Edit: Also forgot, one time in VC (or was it in SA?), I was running from a cop and I heard him yell "I'd chase you, but I had too many doughnuts". I thought it was a bit humorous.

Last edited by KrazyKidDaHustla on Sun May 17, 2009 9:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GHlegend777  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are all in! And BTW, YOu guys are WAYYYY better than me!

--Kurt Cobain
mattdaddy  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will someone please tell me how to rapid-fire the machine guns in the annihilator. i just know pressing x (360) shoots them regularly...thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MattDaddy101
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good GTA story with an old friend of mine.

We were playing Co-Op on GTA:SA around the time it came out. We were out in the countryside driving our car around when it sets on fire. Right now we're right next to a cliff and the car is about to blow. So my friend jumps off the cliff and lands on a railroad track. Don't remember what I did, but the car blew up and we were safe. With his immediate "Phew, that was close" he gets hit by a train and dies. It was as if it was scripted.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: