ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Unofficial GTA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Munzapoppa  

Location: In front of my PS3, feeding my addiction to Green Day Rock Band. NO I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing since about November of last year when I bought GTA 3 for $5 at Gamestop. I also recieved GTA: Vice City Stories for Christmas, and it has quickly become my favorite GTA game (I haven't played any of the others, although I really want to play GTA 4).

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAMES: GTA 3, GTA:SA, GTA:VCS, GTA IV
HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING: ~5 years
GENDER (REAL LIFE): Male
SAINTS ROW AS WELL? Lolno

What can I say, San Andreas is the bes without a doubt.
I spend hours listening through the amazingly perfect soundtrack while cruising the Red County with my Ranger or flying over the region with my hydra <3
IV is cool, but NOTHING, EVER will top SA.
Simply the best game ever.
I don't have any game for XBOX360 though, because of the awesome mods that I have the capability of using with my lovely PC
Every time I see a GTA: SA mission being passed I almost cry from the memories, I remember reading every single line out of every damn mission.. amazing.
Necromac  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my games: GTA 3, Vice city, San Andreas, LCS (PS2) VCS (PS2) GTAIV
Ive been playing since not long after GTA3 came out
No siants row... yet

Ive done so much random crap throughout the years on these games... but one of the most memorable was when I was playing GTA LCS.

I was driving along the wharf (The one just near where the first save house is in GTA3, with the stairs leading up the the train tracks) in a truck, slammed into a telephone pole, did a few backflips and barrel rolls, and landed with my truck hanging off the wharf by 2 wheels...
instead of the truck being upright, imagine it on its side, with the top part (Originally the left side) almost level with the ground, and only 2 wheels touching the ground... That was my biggest WTF moment... I actually recorded a video of it at the time... I'll have to look for it...

<--Thank You karatechess
I ed Jordan... WOOOOOOT, Thanks to lun471k for the kick-ass avitar
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uber necro, but GTA 1-3, VC and SA all in a bundle for 7.49 on steam. Must get.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play GTA every DAY...I own GTA III, GTA: Vice City, GTA: Vice City Stories, GTA:Liberty City Stories, and GTA:San Andreas..

The newest GTA game (Grand Theft Auto V) looks pretty interesting.
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played all of the console GTA's, but now I am down to only GTA4 on XBOX. I don't really do the story mode... I just screw around or play party/free mode online.

I love racing, boat jousting, helicopter jousting, skyscraper sniping, car flinging, hide & seek, and other various random stuff that my friends and I make up in the game.

My cousin and I came up with a bunch of games within GTA4 that we call the GTA Olympics:

Helicopter Jousting - Helicopter vs helicopter. No shooting rockets or guns... just well timed ramming and slicing to bring your opponent down. Knock your opponent to the ground to win. What's more fun is when you are dueling far out above the ocean... the loser has to swim all the way back.

Boat Jousting - Boat vs boat. No shooting here, either. Ram into your opponent and work those tight/fast turns to flip your opponent over and render his/her boat useless. At this point you can either shoot your opponent, run him/her over, or take off and leave him/her to steal a boat and come back for revenge. Be careful of swimmers like me, though, because I like to steal your own boat from you.

GTA Hide & Seek (Manhunt) - In party mode, have one player be the hunted. They get a 60 second start to find a location to hide. Then the other(s) have to track that person down and kill him/her. You can hide in a building, vehicle, underground, etc - just make sure you fortify your hideout well. Whomever gets the kill becomes the new hunted.

GTA Highspeed Chase - Similar to Hide & Seek (Manhunt) except done with vehicles. One person (the hunted) gets a 60 second head start and then the other(s) have to catch up to or flank and take out the hunted. You can switch up vehicles as much as you want, just don't die.

GTA Highspeed Chase v2 - This is just a twist on GTA Highspeed Chase where you have one person in a helicopter (hunter) and everyone else (hunted) on bikes (or in cars). The hunter is trying to take everyone else out. Once you die as hunted, you become a hunter and get a helicopter. This is really fun in the airport up and down the runway.

Skyscraper Sniping - In this game you just need a helicopter and sniper per person. Each person flies to a skyscraper and lands on the top (kicking off their helicopter so there's no easy way out). Ideally, you want to be close enough to zoom in and sniper the other player(s) but not too close. Also, you should try for a building that offers some sort of area to get cover from. If you get killed, you spawn back at the mansion, get another helicopter and come back for more. If you run out of bullets you either get shot or suicide by jumping off the building.

Car Flinging - In this game you go to 'the swingset' and see who can get launched the furthest. Not really the most competitive game, but super fun and hilarious.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to love the GTA series till GTA4 which ruined the entire series. Hoping for something good from GTA5, but not really excited for it.
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
I use to love the GTA series till GTA4 which ruined the entire series. Hoping for something good from GTA5, but not really excited for it.

With a comment like that, I just HAVE to ask... how exactly did GTA4 ruin the series?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudFuel wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:

With a comment like that, I just HAVE to ask... how exactly did GTA4 ruin the series?

I went abit far in saying "ruined the series", but it was not a game that furthered the series in a positive way.

The engine for it is great, but this game was just terrible. I hated the vehicle and character physics (Yeah I love crumpling up like a ragdoll from lightly touching a slow moving car), I thought the story wasn't very good and had few likable characters (Way to work hard at going legit, Nico), it actually removed alot of the customization from the game for your character and vehicles, there was very little reason to have money in the game, cause there weren't alot of places to buy or even things to buy, and finally the friendship/dating side stuff...do I need to say anything on how freaking terrible that was?

It was by far the worst GTA game I've played and was shocked at the all the accolades it got when it came out.
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:|

I love GTA4 better than San Andreas. Actually no that;s a lie, i love both equally as good but, i had no problems with the car physics and maneuverability with the character, sure you do end up with the occasional "i just hit a pole and now i'm on the ground like a drunk off his ass" moments, but it never really bothered me. The characters weren't really "memorable" like Tommy Vercetti and CJ, but it was enough to entice me to play through the story line, and it was pretty good

Also you are forgetting about The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, it improves a lot of things within the game engine as well as giving you a lot more gameplay features within each DLC. Which really makes me wonder why, after all these years have i not gotten those DLC's yet .__.

GTA V seems to be the game to look at, everything that i saw from the trailer was telling me this is going to be a huge and immersible game, plus we're going back to San Andreas. How epic can it get? (Hoping for a mission to travel to Vice City, or DLC that will put you in an upgraded version of Vice City).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailer showed pretty much nothing, so it's hardly anything to go on right now. And I played the Lost which was I think better with the story stuff and additions, but the motorcycles were still really crappy to drive. I just didn't like driving around in that game at all, which is a death sentence for me with a game that is all about that. Vice City might be my favorite GTA game, though I did enjoy San Andreas alot. I had alot of hope for GTA 4, but it brought nothing interesting for me. I have pretty much no interest in GTA 5 unless they plan to add a whole lot to the game.
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very interesting to me... because I loved the mechanics of driving in GTA4. It took some getting used to, but now I feel like a badass when I drive.

Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played GTA IV and I love it. Probably going to get GTA V, which looks amazing I must add.
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:

Totally agreed. There was something about GTA4 that i didn't like at all, and I loved San Andreas. I was really excited for GTA4, but it let me down. Driving in GTA4 just didn't feel as good as in the previous ones. I can't really pinpoint what i didn't like about gta4 that made me dislike it so much, but there was something.

I'll probably still get gta5, just because. The trailer shows some promise. I hope it's more than just a city and more like San Andreas.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fr0z3nD3m1s3 wrote:
I've only played GTA IV and I love it. Probably going to get GTA V, which looks amazing I must add.

GTA V looks awesome..I have seen the trailers for it...

(This is also my 300th post)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: