ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
NEW JERSEY- Regularly held GH tourneys at "The Game Lounge"!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: NEW JERSEY- Regularly held GH tourneys at "The Game Lou Reply with quote

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Aright, here's the deal. Me and fellow SHer Kitsu27 will be regularly holding Guitar Hero Tournaments at The Game Lounge located at 912 Hazelwood Road, Toms River, NJ. Being run by users of ScoreHero*, we can guarantee that these tournaments will pretty much be as good as they come. They'll catered to those of us who know the game and know how it's played right. No wins based on percent or highest score regardless of song. No Slow Ride in the final round. LEGALIZED HYPERSPEED. The whole nine yards.

General Rules (First draft) wrote:
1) Selecting Bracket
___•Everyone picks a number out of a hat.
___•Manager picks numbers out of a hat and places them on bracket.
___•People are placed on bracket according to the numbers they picked.

2) Song Selection (One of two methods will be selected. FYI, both Kitsu and I prefer method B.)
___A) Set songs
______•1 song per round, or best of 3/5 each round
______•Everyone plays the same songs, picked by the staff. Songs will get progressively harder each round.
___B) Players pick their songs
______•Each player picks 1 song for best of 3 (Finals are best of 5). In case of a tie, the third/fifth song is randomly selected.
______•Each player can only pick each individual song once during the tournament.
_________-All on disk songs (setlist and bonus) are allowed
_________-Downloaded songs allowed if both players agree.
______•Tie-breaker songs cannot be any song previously played during that particular match.
_________-Downloaded songs will not be eligible as tie-breakers.
______•A “ban list” of songs would be in effect.
_________-Ridiculous songs banned in beginning rounds.
_________-Easy songs banned in later rounds
_________-Depending on tournament size, a song length limit may be put in place to prevent it from going on too long.

3) Playing rules
___•Played on Xbox 360
___•Players are allowed (even recommended)* to bring their own guitars
______-Most** exterior mods (Rubber bands over limp whammies, X-Plorer select mods, paint jobs, ect.) are allowed.
______-Interior mods are NOT allowed (Hardwired LP necks are on a don't ask, don't tell basis.).
___•Hyperspeed (HS) is allowed
______-If both players agree to use HS, it will be used.
______-If they disagree on a HS level, it will be set to the lower of the two players’ desired level.
___•Difficulty***
______-Players agree on difficulty.
______-If they cannot agree, the two difficulties will be averaged, rounding down if necessary.
___•All playing techniques allowed, as long as you don’t use anything other than a part of your body to play
______-Tapping, “Hendrix style”, “Piano style”, ect. is allowed.
______-Taping a fret down, having someone else hold a fret down/press select, ect. is NOT allowed
___•Pausing is not allowed.
______-If a player accidentally pauses, he/she is given a warning. Three incidents (across whole tourney) and he/she is disqualified.

4) Deciding the Winners
___•Whoever wins two out of three songs moves on to the next round.
___•Whoever wins three out of five songs in the finals wins the tounament.
______-Loser of said match claims second prize.
______-The two losers of the semi-finals claim third prize.
___•Individual song wins decided by score only.
______-In the (extremely unlikely) case of a tie, winner is decided by percent, then note streak.
______-In the case of identical runs (Yes We Can?), the song is null and void and a rematch on a random song will be played.

*The Game Lounge will not be liable if out supplied guitars prove faulty/affect your performance in any way. We try our best to keep our gear working, but you know how people are with stuff that isn't theirs.
**Exterior mods that adversely affect performance (grip tape on strumbar, tape on frets for ease of sliding, ect.) are still under debate, but will most likely NOT be allowed. FYI, this includes my very own guitar, so I feel for you.
***This only applies if the particular tournament isn't a set difficulty (Expert only tournament, expert/hard tournament, ect.)

Tournament Schedules wrote:
Sunday, July 19: GH3 Tournament
___12 noon - end

To sign up, send an email to TheThirdDaySH@gmail.com and include the following:
  • Name
  • Age (All ages allowed to participate, this is just to get an idea of our demography.)
  • Whether or not you're bringing your own guitar (XBox 360 only)
    If you have your own GH3/Xbox 360 compatible compatible guitar or can get a hold of one, please bring it.
  • Gamertag/PSN Name, if available (optional)

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP UNLESS YOU ARE DEFINITELY GOING TO BE THERE.

If you sign-up online, the entree fee is $20 at the door. If you sign up upon arrival the day of the tournament, entry fee is $25. Cash, as well as other prizes, will be awarded to the winners.

The following is a list of those who have signed up. If you are not on this list, you will not get the discount on the entry fee. If you have sent an email, but are not on this list, send one again.

July 19th Tournament Roster wrote:
  • ravegetalon
  • xxtimetokillxx
  • benzeeni
  • aYcBrumack
  • joekickass1234
  • VinnySible.com
  • RustyWaffle
  • SuLLySX
  • M3NTAL
    Non-SHers

During the tournament, there will be stations set up in the back for warming up and just playing in between your rounds. There will also be food and drinks available.

On behalf of everyone at the Game Lounge, I hope to see you there and wish you the best of luck.

The thread will be updated as more information becomes available. These becoming a regular thing is up to you guys; the more people show up, the more often these will be held. So make sure to show up if you can. I can guarantee you you'll get some good competition. Better than people over XBox Live, anyway.

*The Game Lounge's tournaments are just run by ScoreHero users and not affiliated with ScoreHero in any way.

Last edited by TheThirdDay on Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:05 pm; edited 9 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TheThirdDaySH
singertoad  

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhh, nice. Maybe I'll show up to a tournement or two as long as it's not 18+. It's still about an hour away for me though. What is the prize for winning?
12:41 fudrick: im taking a quick break
12:42 singertoad: Jerk off break?
12:42 JohnnyGrey: >_>
12:42 fudrick: my forearm is starting to hurt lol
12:42 JohnnyGrey: lol context >_>
12:42 singertoad: haha
boberta13k  

Location: Searching for the White Whale in the ocean, and I swear I will find him and venge my ivory leg

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live no where near there but if there was an expert+ tournament i would probably try to make the drive.
xxtimetokillxx  

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just shit my pants, I love you T3D, No homo >.>
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: XxTimetoKillxX PSN Name: XxTimetokillxX
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously have no reason not to go to a tournament there. The Gaming Lounge is apparently 2.66 miles away from my house (never heard of the place before, though).

If I go to one of these (which is probably likely), I'll probably be going with 3-ish friends (all of whom are better than me unless we're playing RB).

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules are awesome. I hope i can make it to some of the tourneys, sounds like it will be a good time.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would sooooooo be all over this...

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff... I'd have to come check it out
goldengoal7  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool....I live about 30 minutes from there. I might try to check it out.
fishrocker  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live 10 mins away from Toms River, though I've never heard of Hazelwood Rd or the Game Lounge. I'd love to go, if my mom lets me
drewbles  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you start doing Co-op tournaments Graf and I will sign up as a team

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun! It'd be great to get back in the tournament mood. Me and my friends have gone all over NJ winning these tournaments lol.
R0ck3rnst  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinny...wtb ride from joo to go to one of these. Not just to compete, but just to meet these SHer's, it's awesome meeting new people =D.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R0ck3rnst wrote:
Vinny...wtb ride from joo to go to one of these. Not just to compete, but just to meet these SHer's, it's awesome meeting new people =D.

same here man.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R0ck3rnst wrote:

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that. It was fun meeting you at All in One.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: