Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Marching Band Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donrandall  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Marching Band Thread Reply with quote

I have seen that it is getting closer to the Marching Band season. I wanted this to be a thread about marching band and for you to post some pictures of your band or drumline.

This is an old picture.. but there are more drummers, behind the camera person.. and beside the camera person. We do have I believe 5 tenors and about 6 bass drums, plus about 12 cymbals I think.

cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photobucket

Me as a wee little freshman. (The ginger wearing jeans)

Photobucket

Sophomore of Junior year. I played Snare Drum both Years

Photobucket

Senior Year I played/rocked the shit out (to be as modest as possible) of the quads

Photobucket

Drum corp I was in. I am the middle Bass.

I loved Marching band. The Band teacher was my bitch, to put it lightly, so i got away with everything.

I was the drumline section leader in high school. Did the snare clicking my sophomore and junior years when I played snare, and the the drum solos for Wipe Out
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
stumper93  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any pictures, but I will be a junior next year

I play the Tenor Saxophone and this next year we are doing an entire Queen show.

Songs played are Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, Another One Bites the Dust, We are the Champions, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, and Don't Stop Me Now....it's gonna be awesome!!

We have also played for past shows Renegade/Come Sail Away/Grand Illusion as a Styx show and Sweet Home Alabama/Free Bird/Forrest Gump Theme...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: stumper93
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll also be a Junior next year. This will be my 3rd year on Trombone. I love it.

Freshman year, we played "Sing Sing Sing," and "In The Mood." Our teacher though, sucked. She looked like a meth addict, popped her pimples in class, cussed out the Superintendent, and got fired.

Sophomore Year, since we had a new band teacher who was way better, we got a cornucopia of songs to play at shows so our shows weren't all the same. All together, we played "Takin' It To The Streets," "Turn, Turn, Turn," "Carry On Wayward Son (win)," and "Thriller" for Halloween. The season was full of WIN. I look forward to this year's...

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be a senior next year and the section leader for the alto saxophones (largest section in the band ). Hopefully our show this year will be as good as this past season, though that will probably be impossible. Last season we played Layla, Born to Be Wild, Crosstown Traffic, and Radar Love.

I can't wait for August!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumper93 wrote:
I don't have any pictures, but I will be a junior next year

I play the Tenor Saxophone and this next year we are doing an entire Queen show.

Songs played are Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, Another One Bites the Dust, We are the Champions, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, and Don't Stop Me Now....it's gonna be awesome!!

We have also played for past shows Renegade/Come Sail Away/Grand Illusion as a Styx show and Sweet Home Alabama/Free Bird/Forrest Gump Theme...

Hellz yea! Another Tenor Saxophonist on here. I'm in 8th grade, going into marching band next year. We're gonna be going to New York as far as I know, and we're playing something like Bach Revisited or something... It's pretty amazing
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Percussionist here. I'm a junior next year hoping to finally get out of our freaking pit and make the bass line as either 3rd or 4th. We're doing a kind of ethnic theme this year

Our drumline is set up with 6 snares, 5 basses, 3 tenors, and 7/8 cymbals, with a 12-15 pit

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
donrandall  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I'll be in the drumline this season.. tryouts are in a month or so. I do not want to be in the boring-ass front ensamble/pit.

xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did MB from sophomore to junior year, 2 years total. IT SUCKED, but that is mainly because I hated my band director and the associates. I would much rather be at a different school. I played the baritone both years, it was challenging but made me stronger since I had to keep the whole angle thing. I'm taking it easy senior year

Here's some specs about our band:

We are the biggest division at State competition, 5A. We will probably have about 70-80 people. 5A bands usually have 200+, so every year we get SCREWED and we LOSE ALL of our competitions. Out drumline is usually made of 5 basses, 3 snares and 1-2 tenors. This year it is 4 basses, 2-3 snares, 1 tenor. We are just a very small band competiting in a much bigger crowd then we ought to be, since there are like 3000 kids at my school and 80 are in MB. fail.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
donrandall  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Our entire marching band has I believe 302 people. Including like flag team and such.

dahabi  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

donrandall wrote:
Wow. Our entire marching band has I believe 302 people. Including like flag team and such.

is this high school?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is.

xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

donrandall wrote:

that is what our band SHOULD be because my school is in a big city (Charleston) but no we have 80 people WITH color guard and all that. Yep. My school fails.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
donrandall  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'm in a rather crappy city, Pittsburgh. But in a reallt good suburb with alot of people that get involved with the music program.

GenericName  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My highschool marching band has.. maybe.. 40 people in it? And because my school is so small, our highschool band is 7th - 12th.

My marching band is epic anyway, we had a Styx show last year. (Come Sail Away, Renegade, stuff.)

I play clarinet. >.>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: